BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Just more local disruption and inconvenience I expect. Perfectly good purpose built velodrome in Manchester to ride their bikes around and people who haven't contributed a fig to the roads want to wreck our lives. Whats wrong with these people?

hope your better at marshalling than you were at modding.

If he isn't I predict half of them won't finish the course.

Edited by thenodrog
  • Like 4

Just more local disruption and inconvenience I expect. Perfectly good purpose built velodrome in Manchester to ride their bikes around and people who haven't contributed a fig to the roads want to wreck our lives. Whats wrong with these people?

I think you will find that roads have been around longer than wheeled vehicles run by engines.

If he isn't I predict half of them won't finish the course.

"Wreck pur lives"!

Cripes what a fragile existence ypi must live

And as for not contributing to the roads, i think you will find many cyclists also drive(or have done on the past)

Edited by I.must.be.batty

It doesn't really matter whether you drive or not. Road tax, a tax on road users to pay for the upkeep of roads, was abolished in the 1930s. Since then roads have been paid for out of general taxation, so every taxpayer contributes whether they use the roads with a car, bus, bike or just walk.

I don't know about you but road tax on my car costs me about £200 per annum. And your bike is charged?

Your car contributes far more to the wearing of the road surface than a hundred bikes do.(and there's also the polutio etc...)

My anual tax is closer to £300 (x reg Mondeo) which is more than the cars worth.

Your car contributes far more to the wearing of the road surface than a hundred bikes do.(and there's also the polutio etc...)

My anual tax is closer to £300 (x reg Mondeo) which is more than the cars worth.

It's not wearing the roads it's wearing the patience and coming up along the wrong side of you that's the ball ache. Turning left at traffic lights and the bugger sets off before you and you don't know they are there. Particularly if you are driving a van. They seem oblivious to your indicator flashing. Not to mention riding through on red. (Of course you will not be one of the ones who do that. They never are!)

It's not wearing the roads it's wearing the patience and coming up along the wrong side of you that's the ball ache. Turning left at traffic lights and the bugger sets off before you and you don't know they are there. Particularly if you are driving a van. They seem oblivious to your indicator flashing. Not to mention riding through on red. (Of course you will not be one of the ones who do that. They never are!)

Do you not use your wing mirrors and have a quick look before you turn? If not, that's not the cyclists fault.

Riding through on red really #@$$£@ me off though, I agree!

Edited by Reidy You're a Star

Do you not use your wing mirrors and have a quick look before you turn? If not, that's not the cyclists fault.

Riding through on red really #@$$£@ me off though, I agree!

Yes it is. If a cyclist comes up on your blind side it is his fault. It is not even a legal requirement to have a mirror on the passenger side. The law says you have to have two mirrors one of which must be on the offside. One offside wing mirror and a central one are fine.