BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Wolves vs. Rovers; 22 May 2011.

We have to beat Wolves on Sunday if we want to keep our destiny in our own hands and be sure of survival. However, as previous posters have shown a draw or a loss requires a combination of results to make us safe.

People on here are panicking because they believe that the other teams are going to win their games but we are not, thus dropping us right in it. However, if you gave the other teams fighting to avoid relegation a choice of swapping their position with ours, then I am sure that they would all swap in an instant. After all I would rather have to go to Wolves to get a victory rather than be away to Man. Utd., Spurs or Stoke!! All of which are very difficult places to get a result, even Spurs as they are fighting to keep their Europa place.

We are also in the situation that we could lose and still be safe (dependent on results) where as the others really, really need to win as a draw is unlikely to be enough unless the other teams all lose.

Saying all of the above does not however settle my nerves totally, as we all know Rovers dreadful luck and the omens are similar to the last time we got relegated. But we are in pole position lets not forget that and it may, just may help you sleep at night!!

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive got a couple of spare seats going on my coach from golden cup glenn if you dont wanna stay down there

Ta, but living in Leeds would make a coach from Blackburn kinda conter-productive as a I'd still have to drive ;)

Well, I couldn't justify the train prices, but felt the whether we stayed up or not, a drink would be appropriate. So I'm staying over on Sunday night (£19 in the travelodge) if anyone else is around.

We'll be staying in the travelodge as well, leaving for Gatwick the next morning but will probably go for a bit to eat and a drink.

I hope Birmingham go down, with Wigan or Wolves.. although to be honest, beating Wolves on the day and sending them down would make for an interesting atmosphere. I guess that staying in Wolverhampton for the night means that we should bring clothes to cover up our colours after the game... especially if they go down.

Gah!

Missed out on buying tickets for this... Could have done with getting three ordered, but my mates were non committal till Saturday's score (and a few beers after), we are all Season Ticket holders as well...

Wonder if there is anyway of getting three tickets by any means necessary.

Does anyone know if Samba will be fit?

groin and hamstring.. according to radio rovers after the game.

we really need him to be fit, ollsen needs to play on the wing.. if hes not fit id play hanley at left back and givet in the centre.

unfair pressure on hanley.. to stick him in the centre, he's not had sufficent gametime recently.

that said.. he should have a good understanding with jones, so maybe scrap what ive just said! :lol:

Regardless of the result, I think that both Rovers and Wolves will stay up.

I think Wigan could beat Stoke but I cannot see Brum getting anything at WH Lane and 'pool surely can't get more than a point at OT.

Pool, Brum and W Ham to go down.

I'm still going to sing my heart out at Molineux.

Great preview.

Oh boy, feeling shortness of breath and collywobbles simply typing this.

This is my check list for the game:

1) Getting Samba and Hoilett fit makes the Rovers comfortably better man for man all over the park

2) Andrews coming on = huge psychological boost to Wolves

3) Set Rovers up to go for the win and defend from the front

4) Radio in the dug out (unlike v Man U) is utterly essential

5) Be aware we are likely to get no favours from officials so no red cardable tackles or possible penalty transgressions- we know the decisions will go against us

6) Remember we tubbed them 3-0 at Ewood since when on paper we are stronger on the park even though we are critically weakened in the dug-out

2) Andrews coming on = huge psychological boost to Wolves

ive visions of him coming on and scoring a screamer to keep us up! :P:lol:

"nurse! where's my medication! :lol:

I hope he does too, scored an excellent goal against west brom few seasons back

What gives me a little confidence is the fact that SK has actually found how to get rid of the defensive shambles we were for some games earlier in his tenure. We had good control against United for most periods of the match. No reason why we shouldnt be able to do the same against Wolves.

I think Pedersen needs to play this one even though his form is not great.

One thing ive noticed about wolves is they are terrible defending set plays!

When they were playing everton a while back they were truly shocking!

His delivery could be vital in getting a win!

What gives me a little confidence is the fact that SK has actually found how to get rid of the defensive shambles we were for some games earlier in his tenure. We had good control against United for most periods of the match. No reason why we shouldnt be able to do the same against Wolves.

We have looked much more organised recently.

I think Wolves will beat us as they are the home side, in some decent form and their best striker who is perfect for their system will very likely be back. Like Paul said there isn't much between us when you look at both squads, I would say they have more goals in their side as shown with their last two results.

2-0 Wolves win and Rovers only just staying up after relying on other results. It's going to be a very nervous afternoon if that indeed is the case.

Hopefully after we secure another season in the Premier League we bin Kean or demote him shortly after survival, not on the game day like West Ham but pretty early into pre-season to get a proper manager in.

It seems as though kean is on way for a demotion , offer him coaching job and let's have experienced manager in nxt season ! ( Hughs never say die attitude will do for me) go for a bloody win and not a draw

With Samba and possibly Hoilett injured - probably - MGP starting seems likely... or-and Dunn.

Thought MGP did well when he came on against United on Saturday, and i'm his biggest critic usually. Some good touches and a few great tackles/interceptions. A bit like Jermaine Jones, he seems better without the ball !

There is no reason at all for Rovers to play safe, defensive tactics in this game. Playing for a point won't help us do anything except stay in front of Wolves. If the other teams win, a draw or a defeat will have the same effect: we get relegated.

I reckon Kean will go for it from the off because, literally, there is nothing to lose and everything to gain by securing three points.

On another matter, what's the recommended parking situation for a car down there? Any ideas?

Same team if possible and same tactics as Saturday. We don't have to chase this game from the start. Play at a high tempo - yes but to over commit players forward too soon would be foolish. Of course Kean and co will have one ear to the radio, but the players have got to focus on the match they're actually playing and put any other games out of their mind.

A bit less mindless panic on this board wouldn't go amiss.

I think any 2 of the bottom 5 left could go down now, I'm really surprised with Wolves form 7 points for 9.

no point in predicting it because I really think anything could happen on the last day.

Our man in the middle Howard Webb.

The others.

Clatenburg at Spurs

Dean at Man U

Marriner at Stoke

Few dodgy decision of late from Webb. :( Does he support the lashers?.

He's actually a Rotherham fan who in his younger days travelled the country following them.

Many will not like this but 4-5-1 does suit the talents available within our squad despite the managers obligation to 4-4-2. We have a strong defence with plenty of strength and experience and if everybody is fit a really good midfield mix now that Jones and Nzonzi have sussed how to play together and get and give to the danger men Olsonn and Hoilett. Emerton, MGP and Dunny provide plenty of experience too.

As for the forwards....... :blink:

There is no reason at all for Rovers to play safe, defensive tactics in this game. Playing for a point won't help us do anything except stay in front of Wolves.

Which is likely to save us.. I see your point, of course, but staying ahead of Wolves means that all the other three has to win - not draw, but win - I don't think that is likely at all.

Archived