BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Wolves vs. Rovers; 22 May 2011.

Looking forward to the excitement and nerves surrounding the whole day. Hopefully we won't have to rely on other results and we can get the job done ourselves!

Where is everybody going for pint to settle the nerves before the match? I hear there is a lack of away friendly pubs around the ground. I'll be getting a train late morning from Manchester to Wolverhampton. COYB

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here goes my 'two penneth worth' for the game Jermaine Jones and Steven NZonzi nail that what does that mean? Henry and whoever his partner is in the centre of Wolves midfield.

Salgado nails that Jarvis if hes on his side.

Ladies and Gents, boys and girls, then the gates to victory will open up for us

ENJOY ! :D

Arte et labore and keep that blue flag flying high. :brfc:

Henry's partner - O'Hara. Glad we've gone Nzonzi and Jones there, it's going to be lively in midfield. We need to keep all eleven on the pitch if at all possible.

• Backroom

Personal Radio? Thats sooooo last century!!!! lol Im gonna be using Skysports centre on my phone

Problem is it will take 10 minutes to get it to update because so many people will be trying.

At Ewood it can be a nightmare on a normal game.

People with radios is still the best way.

Henry's partner - O'Hara. Glad we've gone Nzonzi and Jones there, it's going to be lively in midfield. We need to keep all eleven on the pitch if at all possible.

Just wish Graeme Souness was running the team come sunday than the pretender Kean.

Will Kean fully know how to combat any changes Mick Macarthy may make during the game on sunday ?

For consistency so far, Keans substitutions would have us relegated, so poor a judge he shown to be.

Here goes my 'two penneth worth' for the game Jermaine Jones and Steven NZonzi nail that what does that mean? Henry and whoever his partner is in the centre of Wolves midfield.

Salgado nails that Jarvis if hes on his side.

Ladies and Gents, boys and girls, then the gates to victory will open up for us

For consistency so far, Keans substitutions would have us relegated, so poor a judge he shown to be.

I don't usually pick people up, on their spelling or grammer but what the hell is all taht meant to been? Is it written in code or have I missed something? :wacko:

Problem is it will take 10 minutes to get it to update because so many people will be trying.

At Ewood it can be a nightmare on a normal game.

People with radios is still the best way.

Yeah, I know what you mean, It took ages to get the scores on Saturday. I tried the BBC and Sky Sports websites on my phone and both kept crashing!

Yeah, I know what you mean, It took ages to get the scores on Saturday. I tried the BBC and Sky Sports websites on my phone and both kept crashing!

I recommend using ten minutes, approximately an hour before kick off, to set up bookmarks linking your phone to all the 'match-live' running commentaries on the various club websites. If you set them up so that you're 'following' the home team's commentary (i.e. the link on the home team's website), there should be no issue with loading times. It's always worked a treat for me and it gives you a breather between other current scores as well - just so you don't go insane by trying to assess a mass of crucial scores all at once! :rolleyes:

What is weird is that the bookmakers have both Wolves and us such long odds to go down

And Sky has the other three matches but not Wolves v us featured as relegation battles.

It's as if they all think Wolves n us will play for a draw and both stay up. But this is naive. Because only two of Blackpool, Wigan, Brum need a win to send a drawing Wolves down. This can surely happen. And McCarthy is aware of it. So he will go for the win and then only two of the above need to win to send US down. So we need to come out fighting.

Just found out that the game will be live on fox soccer plus here in the states, with Spurs/B'ham and Utd/B'Pool on the other two channels.

Oh Boy...The wife better take the wee man out somewhere for the day.

What is weird is that the bookmakers have both Wolves and us such long odds to go down

And Sky has the other three matches but not Wolves v us featured as relegation battles.

It's as if they all think Wolves n us will play for a draw and both stay up. But this is naive. Because only two of Blackpool, Wigan, Brum need a win to send a drawing Wolves down. This can surely happen. And McCarthy is aware of it. So he will go for the win and then only two of the above need to win to send US down. So we need to come out fighting.

Agreed. And I know I am in a minority in regarding a Wigan win at Stoke as close to certain, which means just one of Brum and Blackpool have to spring a surprise win.

These are the games they show on TV in Norway:

38. runde Premier League Man. United 17.00 Blackpool TV 2 PL HD1

38. runde Premier League Tottenham 17.00 Birmingham TV 2 PL HD2

38. runde Premier League Aston Villa 17.00 Liverpool TV 2 PL HD3

Dont know why Liverpool's in there, but the other two have great concern regarding the relegation battle.

Agreed. And I know I am in a minority in regarding a Wigan win at Stoke as close to certain, which means just one of Brum and Blackpool have to spring a surprise win.

It'd be more then just a surprise if Blackpool or Birmingham won against Man Utd and Spurs. Stoke losing at home to Wigan is far more likely but still nowhere near certain.

The best I can see for those three is a couple of draws and a win for Wigan. That wont send us down even if we lose.

The first 20 mins of these games are going to be painful.

Wigan beating Stoke "close to certainty"? On what grounds?

Wigan are unbelievably unpredictable. Stoke are solid, especially at home. I don't buy all this "nothing to play for lark".... Stoke play for their fans, they won't want to just roll over and take a pumping.

The good news- a mate of many years is watching the game with me.

The bad news - He is a Wolves fan

The good news - I am bigger than him

And you support a team who won't be relegated. He might do too, but you certainly do.

My gut feeling is that we will lose this game but Brum and Blackpool will also both lose and Wigan draw so we stay up...I hope Im wrong and we can go to Wolves and get at them and make sure our fate stays in our own hands. Wolves have looked 'up for it' in the last few games that ive seen them but when WBA scored their first goal they rocked and their confidence plumetted and they could have ended up drawing / losing that game so vital that we start well and withstand any early pressure.

One thing Im certain about is that Im nervous now and will be bricking it come Sunday!

I'm with you on Wigun philipl.

Interesting aspect for Wigun is that the uncanny contrast they have for the game ie they came up with Wham and could end up going down with Wham also they are playing away and need to win at team who play in Red and White stripes much akin to when they played away at Sheff U on the last game at the time of the Whamgate scenario.

As with others I forwarned a few weeks back of the peril of needing something going to Wolves on the last day. However, I think we will escape by the skin of our teeth down to the very basic fact of the performance of the teams in respective games and respective years - with only Everton from memory escaping the death trap in remarkable circumstance /results on the last day

As has been mentioned we need alot of things to go against us which I don't think will happen - we are all down there for a reason - and although there may be a surprise in the results ie Bpool win - all the teams are not just going to suddenly develop superb away form - despite the situation.

For my penneth

I think we will get beat

Wigan - draw / win

Bpool- lose

Brum - lose

And if we do end up going down then we only have ourselves to blame for the last 20 min no show against MU as effectively we would arguably not really be in any better position - because if we do draw ( as the imposter believes we will and thinks 1pt is all we need) and the results go against us somehow then it would not have made any difference if we had lost against MU.

If there's one thing I, and everybody else should have learned from this season, it is that you can't predict individual games. So to say Wigan's next game is a near certain win is baffling.

I don't know of a team who got relegated from 15th.

I honestly don't think we'll be the first.

I wouldn't have been so confident going into an away game under previous management.

Aye, the memory of that one away win under Kean is something for us all to cling on to...

• Moderation Lead

The way some people are carrying on, it's as if we have to go to Man United, win 6-0 and hope results go our way. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's a certainty that Wigan will win at Stoke at all, Stoke are one of the best teams in the division at home, will want to go out on a high, and will DEFINITELY want to win having lost twice in the space of a few days to Citeh.

Archived