BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Wolves vs. Rovers; 22 May 2011.

As you are all fully aware, A legend in Mr. Robbie Savage has recently hung up his boots. A few mates were rallying together to think of a suitable fancy dress for the heavily awaited Wolves away match and we all came to the decision of going as Savage! We would be delighted to see others join us so don the Blonde wigs and prepare the overly large noses! COYB!

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myself and four friends are going to the Wolves game, but are yet to sort out transport due to being abroad until tomorrow. Anyone know of any official supporters coaches leaving from the Morecambe/Preston area that would be cheaper than a £45 train ticket?

It may be too late to book onto them now anyway

When I was calling for an all out attack earlier it was pointed out to me that a draw would mean that Wolves would stay below us so under that scenario we only need one of the other three to fail to get all 3 points and we're safe.

This is true but when your back is to the wall even the guy with the white feather turns into a blood and guts hero.

Wigan showed what that looks like against Wham. And to be fair so did Wham except their defensive frailties killed them off.

IMO Wigan will definitely 'do' Stoke. Blackpool will struggle to get all 3 at ManU but Fergy has an agenda and has already said he will 'rest' players, a super-charged Blackpool could certainly smash and grab the points. Who'd be that surprised really?

Spuds are the big unknown for me, giant killers one minute, pussies the next. Big club are simply awful but with this game you never know, for me it's a 50-50 coin toss and I don't bet on the toss of a coin.

'Beat Blackburn' is apparently scribed on the dressing room wall at Wolves so they will be revved up beyond belief and with home advantage too. I think we have to take advantage and set-up to face a Wolves gung-ho nostrils flared attacking philosophy. We can play on the break, we have the players for it and as Philip said they know how to beat Wolves.

Please do not sit back and try to soak it up. Please no lack of concentration/nerves and concede early doors, mark up and stay tight for 20 minutes then give it to them.

Whilst a draw could mean safety I'd prefer us to have a big but canny go at them. Ultra aggressive but just on the side of card free.

The manager will always be a donut to me but if he goes this way then stay up or go down I'll think a little kindlier of him.

For reasons already speculated this survival is so so important. COYB.

When I was calling for an all out attack earlier it was pointed out to me that a draw would mean that Wolves would stay below us so under that scenario we only need one of the other three to fail to get all 3 points and we're safe.

COYB.

Under the above scenario, wouldn't we stay up even if 2 teams win as Wolves would still be below us?

Under the above scenario, wouldn't we stay up even if 2 teams win as Wolves would still be below us?

Not sure if I understand you correctly. Except for Wham any team below us can go past us if they win and we lose. Wham are below us and Wolves would stay below us (because we draw with them) so we only need one of the other teams not to win and we have three teams below us, game over.

That's all I was meaning, if we draw then we only need one of the others to be less than perfect. Or have I missed something again :unsure: maybe we're saying the same thing in a different way.

That's all I was meaning, if we draw then we only need one of the others to be less than perfect. Or have I missed something again :unsure: maybe we're saying the same thing in a different way.

I think we're saying exactly the same thing!

Yeah, you're assuming we'll lose at Wolves. I was talking about the scenario where we draw and the other 3 teams win.

And if we lose as you're assuming, you're incorrect with the first bit, or at least it's partly inconsequential except as to finishing position. Only two of the three teams on 39 points will need to win for us to go down.

(Edited)

I'm not assuming we'll lose but obviously you've got to think worst case scenario. Sorry i may have confused with my wording, i know all 3 don't have to win, i mean, none of the three can get past us with a draw, hence why i said all 3 have to win.

Oh and to clarify i'm not slating us for playing out the last 10 mins, i think the fact that United left 4 up front and made it almost impossible to attach them. I think the reaction in some quarters was bizarre and i totally agree with Den, if we do go down this year, drawing at home to United won't be the reason.

I'll be sitting in my house, watching the game, laptop on and tuned to live score and table sites.

I have a feeling I will be miserable to be around for those 2 hours.

According to Graham Poll, the games have to be synchronized even to the point of when the second half starts, so we may have to endure a 25 minute half time if there's a serious injury at another match. That is going to be nervewracking if it happens.

According to Graham Poll, the games have to be synchronized even to the point of when the second half starts, so we may have to endure a 25 minute half time if there's a serious injury at another match. That is going to be nervewracking if it happens.

Or the first time I can manage a couple of beers at half time!

Myself and four friends are going to the Wolves game, but are yet to sort out transport due to being abroad until tomorrow. Anyone know of any official supporters coaches leaving from the Morecambe/Preston area that would be cheaper than a £45 train ticket?

It may be too late to book onto them now anyway

Can't do four but could take two from Lancaster. No coaches from this area so far as I know.

That's a fantastic point Capt. it's one of the reasons I was so incandescent about the last few minutes against United and I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on it. The goal differences mean the point against against United only means anything if we draw on Sunday and two of the other three sides win. Otherwise we'd have been in no different situation if we'd gone for the win but lost.

Anyhow I hope this doesn't come back to bite me, but as things stand at the moment I am feeling remarkably calm about Sunday.

We have shown a lot of spirit and commitment in the last four games and if we perform like we have done in those games we should get a point at least on Sunday.

I don't see Wigan as a shoe in at all. Pullis will be desperate for a strong finish in front of his own fans after losing the Cup final. Whether the players are quite as up for it might admittedly be open to question.

It's a very big ask for Blackpool to get anything at OT. Let alone a win. Even against a second string United side.

All recent indications point to Brum getting mullered by Spurs.

The bookies obviously think so as well. The ultimate doomsday scenario us to draw, and the other 3 sides to win pays about £484 for a £2 quid stake if anyone fancies hedging against the ultimate disappointment.

That doesn't mean to say we can be complacent. We have to win our game and enjoy watching the other sides sweat.

You can say that now knowing Wigan pulled off a last minute winner on Sunday, if that game had have stayed at 2-2 Wigan would have been down from a Rovers point of view and that would have been one less team to concern ourselves with. At 4.45 pm last Saturday taking the point on offer was the correct thing to do. It's easy to put a different slant on the game now. We didn't know what Sunday would bring then. What if we'd have chased the game and got beat 2-1 ? Would you be on here praising our fighting spirit ? Somehow I doubt it !

I don't usually pick people up, on their spelling or grammer but what the hell is all taht meant to been? Is it written in code or have I missed something? :wacko:

What it means is Rovgers is anypone supporting Rangers or Celtic is as stupid ######..... :D thats all

I don't usually pick people up, on their spelling or grammer but what the hell is all taht meant to been? Is it written in code or have I missed something? :wacko:

What it means is Rovgers is anypone supporting Rangers or Celtic is as stupid ######..... :D thats all

What it means is Rovgers is anyone supporting Rangers or Celtic is as stupid so and so ######..... :D thats all

There is a place in the champions league final on stake for Manchester United players against Blackpool and they want to win in front of their fans. Ok Blackpool can do a good job, but United is a better team even second string and it will mean players like Scholes, Anderson, O Shea, Berbatov and some first teamers will play.

My predictions

Spurs - Birmingham 3-1

Stoke - Wigan 1-1

Man UTD - Blackpool 2-0

Wolves - Rovers 1-2

Roll on sunday!

Lord Sugar on Lawro's match predictor reckons both B'pool & Wigan will win whilst we will lose.

Let's hope he knows rather less about football than he does business, however, his predictions were pretty accurate last time out, hence the 'shoot-out' with Campbell.

So nervous about Sundays game. Its going to be the longest 90 mins ever. I think hand on heart we will get beat but i also believe the teams below us will get beat meaning we stay up. Just. Remember that 1 vital point that won us the league in what seems like a lifetime ago, i think it will be that one vital point that keeps us up.

Keep the faith. :wacko:

What it means is Rovgers is anyone supporting Rangers or Celtic is as stupid so and so ######..... :D thats all

:lol::lol: Thats funny, even your come back doesn't make sense!!

Is English your second language, I can understand if it is.

doesn't that prove that we've been terrible under Kean Hughesy? I can't see where those stats say anything else.

Sorry I didnt read the full arguement on here...I was just pointing out that under Kean (away) we havent been much different, we seem to have tightened up abit & of late performances have picked up, but my point was that we are not performing much worse than we did for Sam away from home.

Sam away this season, played 9 scored 11

Kean this season, played 9 scored 10

How does goals conceded compare?

Lord Sugar on Lawro's match predictor reckons both B'pool & Wigan will win whilst we will lose.

Let's hope he knows rather less about football than he does business, however, his predictions were pretty accurate last time out, hence the 'shoot-out' with Campbell.

I see the dingle predicts us to get a point, both him and lawro have Wigan to draw and both Brum and Blackpool to lose.

I got to admit that Lawrenson is getting really boring, going on about big Sams sacking. This weeks comment is "The decision to sack Sam Allardyce looks more nonsensical by the week.". He's said the same thing about 5 times in his predictions, while I didn't want Sam sacking I think he really needs to let it go.

I got to admit that Lawrenson is getting really boring, going on about big Sams sacking. This weeks comment is "The decision to sack Sam Allardyce looks more nonsensical by the week.". He's said the same thing about 5 times in his predictions, while I didn't want Sam sacking I think he really needs to let it go.

It's almost as repetitive as some of the posters on here. But not quite.

Not sure if I understand you correctly. Except for Wham any team below us can go past us if they win and we lose. Wham are below us and Wolves would stay below us (because we draw with them) so we only need one of the other teams not to win and we have three teams below us, game over.

That's right---if all 3 win and we draw, both us and Wolves go down. :(

If ony 2 win and we draw the Wolves go down and we stay up. :tu:

Imagine the last 10 minutes in that scenario. Wolves would play 1-0-10! :o

Archived