BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Wolves vs. Rovers; 22 May 2011.

I was nervous before reading some of these posts - but this nervousness that seems to be shared by most Rovers fans is making me s**t myself.

Gotta keep the faith - given the matches we would be unbelievably unlucky to be relegated - just gotta cling to that thought - oh and alcohol helps.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be dead, I don't feel nervous at all - yet.

That may however change tomorrow if results start swinging against us.

Can't see why everyone thinks we'll be beaten tomorrow, I think we'll draw at worst. I also felt as confident before the West Ham game and thought we had a very good chance of a point against United so I hope I'm right again. (Assuming a draw will be good enough)

I must be dead, I don't feel nervous at all - yet.

That may however change tomorrow if results start swinging against us.

Can't see why everyone thinks we'll be beaten tomorrow, I

think we'll draw at worst. I also felt as confident before the West Ham game and thought we had a very good chance of a point against United so I hope I'm right again. (Assuming a draw will be good enough)

Congratulations TCO

Rev, i could' agree more, we'll stay up no doubt about that, no nerves here at all either

Ps - If we go down beers on me.....hows that for confidence? Only down side, I may have to bring Tris, you can bring nodgob.

It's going to be one difficult afternoon. Not sure whether to watch the matches or go and lose myself in the hills with the dog until it's all over.

My heart says the results can't conspire against us. My head says they can and possibly will: we lose 3-1, Pool & Wigan both win 2-1 and even Brum scrape a 1-1 draw.

A couple of omens - tomorrow is the anniversary of Blackpool's play-off win against Cardiff last year and Sheff. U., think I'm right on this one, only went into the bottom three on the last day of the season when WHAM escaped after unexpectedly winning at, you've guessed it, Old Trafford.

• Backroom

I'm the same mercer I don't know if I'd feel better watching united blackpool as that is the one I worry most about (I'm taking it for granted that Wigan will win) or just try and switch off but I think wherever I am I'll be checking the score :(

In a way I'd just like to wake up at 5:45 and know!

• Backroom

In that scenario if we draw we stay up and lose we go down.

3 teams have to win for us to go down basically either two plus wolves or all 3 others (unless we win)

3 teams have to win for us to go down basically either two plus wolves or all 3 others (unless we win)

That's about the simplest I've seen it put. Doesn't make me feel any less nervous though.

Congrats on your great news by the way!

• Backroom

Thanks guys, genuinely.

Now let's make sure he still has a premier league team to support!

The nerves tomorrow will be unbearable, good on you guys going down the support has done the team proud they deserve a chance to celebrate

I can't see Birmingham or Blackpool winning tomorrow, which makes our result irrelevant. Plus, I also think we'll get a draw, making it necessary for all three of them to win. We're in the best spot of all the teams involved, and they all wish they were in our shoes.

Doesn't really make me any less nervous however. The glass of Lagavulin next to me does a much better job of that.

there is a pub called Blue Brick which is located near the travel lodge which is about 10 min walk to the ground. A lot of people I know will be going to this pub (which is quite big Im led to believe) So Walkabout or Blue Brick.

Blue Brick & Walkabout

Haven't been on here in AGES :o

So where are Rovers fans meeting tomorrow does anybody know? Cannot wait!

Blue brick or Walk-about I think.....thats where the Golden Cup coach will probably head anyway!!

KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH

Come on everybody. You have to admit it's far better to be in this position where we are still interested in our final game.

It's much better than being safe in mid table and nothing to play for; just going through the motions. Just imagine if you were a Newcastle fan playing West Brom...............boring, boring, boring.

Be relaxed. Enjoy. I can't wait to savour the whole day tomorrow.

Sleep easy. All will be well.

I say this despite my better half having predicted a draw at Arsenal, a win over Bolton and a draw with Man Utd and SHE NOW PREDICTS WE WILL BE RELEGATED!!!!unsure.gif

She cannot be right all of the timeblush.gif

I plan on driving somewhere quiet and to listen to the game on the radio and to suffer on my own. If we play as we have done since the second half against B'ham we will have a great chance of securing a point at least.... feeling numb at the moment but by 6 it'll be relief or despair. Wishing everyone who's going to the game good fortune... come on you blues!!!!

There's a good article on the guardian website, written by 'the secret footballer', about how it feels to be in a relegation game and also the ramifications for all concerned > http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/may/21/premier-league-relegation-secret-footballer ... well worth a read.

Archived