BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Wolves vs. Rovers; 22 May 2011.

The way some people are carrying on, it's as if we have to go to Man United, win 6-0 and hope results go our way. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's a certainty that Wigan will win at Stoke at all, Stoke are one of the best teams in the division at home, will want to go out on a high, and will DEFINITELY want to win having lost twice in the space of a few days to Citeh.

Apparently Pulis and Holloway are close friends - Stoke rested 5 first team players against City. Also Pulis has also said he wants to go out on a high for the Stoke fans to thank them for their support last weekend. Though Wigan are the most likely to pull off a result - it is only because the other teams have such difficult away matches.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, the memory of that one away win under Kean is something for us all to cling on to...

I keep forgetting we are so bad away from home now we have changed manager....I mean we won loads of games away with Sam didnt we....Winning all 2 games @ Blackpool & Newcastle

Since Kean came in....compared to under Allardyce

West Brom away - Won 3-1 (n/a)

Sunderland away - lost 3-0 (lost 2-1)

Chelsea away - lost 2-0 (lost 5-0)

Wigan away - lost 4-3 (draw 1-1)

Villa away - lost 4-1 (won 1-0)

Fulham away - lost 3-2 (lost 3-0)

Arsenal away - draw 0-0 (lost 6-2)

Everton away - lost 2-0 (lost 3-0)

West Ham away - draw 1-1 (draw 0-0)

I dont really think looking at that, you can say we are doing any worse under Kean away from home.

In the games we can compare:

Scored 7 v 4

Conceded 19 v 20

Pts 2 v 5

The one we cant compare is West Brom.......We beat them 3-1......the one were only 4 other teams have won all season (Chelsea, United, City & Stoke).

Last season we also only won 3 away games (Burnley, Bolton & Villa)....1 of which Sam didnt attend (Bolton)

So to bang on & on like now Kean is in charge we are awful away from home all of a sudden is just stupid! We are improving, we go there in a better position - with possibly a few less nerves than our opponents....no need to fear them!

I actually think this game will be a draw 1-1.

Think the other 3 sides below us will all lose too.

Everyone will be wondering what all the fuss was about this time on Monday :unsure:

We have to go for the win, as do Wolves. A draw does nothing for the outcome of the situation were in.

2 wins out 3 are need for us to be in the mire.

Whilst a win would be fantastic, don't underestimate a draw. Keeps us above an extra team - Wolves. To say it does nothing is ridiculous.

9 away games, 1 win, 2 draws and 6 defeats.

5 points out of 27.

doesn't that prove that we've been terrible under Kean Hughesy? I can't see where those stats say anything else.

I dont think anyone will disagree with you about us being terrible away from home under Kean, we were just as bad under Big Sam though.

We have only won 10 premier league away games since Sparky left.

I dont think anyone will disagree with you about us being terrible away from home under Kean, we were just as bad under Big Sam though.

Braddock seems to think we're a lot better away from home under Kean. That's what this is about.

Goodness grief, that really brings it home. Appalling.

lets hope rovers perform better than they did at wolves in that paul ince friendly!

we were absolutely battered and wolves were at us from the off!

an embarrassment.. which filled me with dread for the ince season... :unsure:

wolves know they have to win if other teams are winning... they will know the scores from the other games due to crowd reactions. i think we can exploit any gaps they might leave.. particularly with ollsen and junior on the wings.. hopefully.

im going for wolves 0 rovers 3

anyway it might not matter..

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/preachers-prophesying-end-world-york-000338169.html

Braddock seems to think we're a lot better away from home under Kean. That's what this is about.

I believe we have more cause for optimism in away games and also deserve more points that we have acquired under Kean. I feel the tide will turn at some point.

Under the last regime we didn't even look like scoring away from home most of the time.

Sam away this season, played 9 scored 11

Kean this season, played 9 scored 10

thanks for that phil! wow big sam's record is spectacular isnt it! :lol:

different approch to away games under kean. nobody can argue that!

whats sam's away record overall. away games played, games won, lost, goals for and against ?

Sam's away record was terrible. Kean's away record is even worse. How's that?

That all counts for relatively little in a pressure cooker situation like Sunday when form largely goes out of the window and bottle is almost as important as ability.

And if we do end up going down then we only have ourselves to blame for the last 20 min no show against MU as effectively we would arguably not really be in any better position - because if we do draw ( as the imposter believes we will and thinks 1pt is all we need) and the results go against us somehow then it would not have made any difference if we had lost against MU.

That's a fantastic point Capt. it's one of the reasons I was so incandescent about the last few minutes against United and I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on it. The goal differences mean the point against against United only means anything if we draw on Sunday and two of the other three sides win. Otherwise we'd have been in no different situation if we'd gone for the win but lost.

Anyhow I hope this doesn't come back to bite me, but as things stand at the moment I am feeling remarkably calm about Sunday.

We have shown a lot of spirit and commitment in the last four games and if we perform like we have done in those games we should get a point at least on Sunday.

I don't see Wigan as a shoe in at all. Pullis will be desperate for a strong finish in front of his own fans after losing the Cup final. Whether the players are quite as up for it might admittedly be open to question.

It's a very big ask for Blackpool to get anything at OT. Let alone a win. Even against a second string United side.

All recent indications point to Brum getting mullered by Spurs.

The bookies obviously think so as well. The ultimate doomsday scenario us to draw, and the other 3 sides to win pays about £484 for a £2 quid stake if anyone fancies hedging against the ultimate disappointment.

That doesn't mean to say we can be complacent. We have to win our game and enjoy watching the other sides sweat.

That's a fantastic point Capt. it's one of the reasons I was so incandescent about the last few minutes against United and I'm surprised more people haven't picked up on it. The goal differences mean the point against against United only means anything if we draw on Sunday and two of the other three sides win. Otherwise we'd have been in no different situation if we'd gone for the win but lost.

I've heard quite a few times this mentioned and it's not how i see things. The fact is the point against United puts us in a position where the 3 teams on 39 all need wins to get past us. If we'd lost to United, they could get past us with draws, assuming we lose at Wolves obviously. I can actually see them getting draws i just think it unlikely 2 of them will win. In that respect the point against United was huge imo.

I've heard quite a few times this mentioned and it's not how i see things. The fact is the point against United puts us in a position where the 3 teams on 39 all need wins to get past us. If we'd lost to United, they could get past us with draws, assuming we lose at Wolves obviously. I can actually see them getting draws i just think it unlikely 2 of them will win. In that respect the point against United was huge imo.

If we had gone for it then so would they, we were tired and had been defending a lead for the best part of an hour. We'd substituted Samba for Andrews (who had a 100% pass success rate from what I saw) and so were weaker. If anybody was going to score it was United. People really need to let this go. That point was massive.

Yeah, you're assuming we'll lose at Wolves. I was talking about the scenario where we draw and the other 3 teams win.

And if we lose as you're assuming, you're incorrect with the first bit, or at least it's partly inconsequential except as to finishing position. Only two of the three teams on 39 points will need to win for us to go down.

(Edited)

If we had gone for it then so would they, we were tired and had been defending a lead for the best part of an hour. We'd substituted Samba for Andrews (who had a 100% pass success rate from what I saw) and so were weaker. If anybody was going to score it was United. People really need to let this go. That point was massive.

Yep, agree with that. The momentum was with United. I guess Kean was relieved that after the equaliser, they decided to settle for a point. If United had gone for the win, there's every chance, with the way the game was at that point, that they would have got it.

If we do go down, it wont be because of a home draw with Man Utd.

Archived