BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] STAYING DOWN FOREVER LOVE ROVERS.

It was the original and still the best, does anybody else remember the song somebody released as well?

It was a version of the Roy Orbison song "Crying" called "Flying...over you", it had the classic line "When I saw you last night, oh my god you were sh!te", I've still got it somewhere on tape.

The dingles, to their credit, did make T-shirts with "Burnley Anti-aircraft squad" printed on them.

I may be in a minority of one but I thought the stunt showed a complete lack of class on the part of whoever organised it.

No in fact you are not, there were many more on Turf Moor who felt the same way.

I had the t-shirt and remember the song. They were losing a play-off 4th Division game against Torquay when it happened. I seem to remember going over there for a Lancs Cup game the next pre-season and all doing the damn busters and everything in the Longside away section.

Rumours were that it was garner's business partner who paid for it.

I've got a postcard with the picture on it - bought from the Museum of footbal in Ambleside many years ago - you may still be able to get them online

You can indeed still get them:

Homes of Football

As a slight aside, I bought a couple of prints from Homes of Football a bit ago and they're brill :tu:

It was the original and still the best, does anybody else remember the song somebody released as well?

It was a version of the Roy Orbison song "Crying" called "Flying...over you", it had the classic line "When I saw you last night, oh my god you were sh!te", I've still got it somewhere on tape.

The dingles, to their credit, did make T-shirts with "Burnley Anti-aircraft squad" printed on them.

I remember the "Flying Over You" tape and i'm gutted i've lost it since moving house years ago!! Its like the paper aeroplanes flown the season after the infamous Staying Down Forever plane in the away end at the Manx Cup game (i think it was called the Manx Cup) we drew 1-1 but they were so far behind us in banter it was untrue!! A bit like nowadays i suppose!!

We played them in the manx cup the following pre-season and anyone with a T-shirt that mentioned the fly over had to turn them inside out or not be allowed into the ground, of course these stayed the wrong way round once through the turnstiles :D

I can also remember plenty of those polystyrene planes being thrown around the away end also.

Happy Days.

I remember the "Flying Over You" tape and i'm gutted i've lost it since moving house years ago!! Its like the paper aeroplanes flown the season after the infamous Staying Down Forever plane in the away end at the Manx Cup game (i think it was called the Manx Cup) we drew 1-1 but they were so far behind us in banter it was untrue!! A bit like nowadays i suppose!!

I once found the song online and still have the mp3 at home somewhere. If anyone wants to host it somewhere let me know and I'll email it to them.

Archived