BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] (RB) Bruno Ribeiro

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Makes for a good read: http://www.planetbenfica.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=324

Seems he has potential but has struggled fitting in. EPL could be just what he needs, hopefully he won't want crazy money.

Just a thought, but does anyone else think Venkys are looking to get other positions filled with free agents\loans so they can lump however much money we may have on a striker?

I can remember someone saying weeks back that we were going to blow all our money on just one signing. Hopefully this won't be the case, there is still time to spend.

well another night of wasting my time on google, got me hopes up for a while then just another disappointment , we announce were trying to sign a Portuguese traveller who spends a season at a time at a club and Liverpool announce they had a 20 million pound bid accepted for downing ,the joys of being a rovers fan

• Backroom

well another night of wasting my time on google, got me hopes up for a while then just another disappointment , we announce were trying to sign a Portuguese traveller who spends a season at a time at a club and Liverpool announce they had a 20 million pound bid accepted for downing ,the joys of being a rovers fan

Out of the two situations we seem to have the better deal there

Just a thought, but does anyone else think Venkys are looking to get other positions filled with free agents\loans so they can lump however much money we may have on a striker?

Could be! Givet is a CB so this could be the plan to move him inside without dragging Olsson away from LW thus (potentially) solving the loss of jones without breaking the bank which leaves more money for a 10+ goals a season striker eg. Defoe without us having to lose more players (Samba)

....either that or we're just not going to spend the Jones money...take your pick really!

Looking at his transfer history he seems to have had a bit of a 'nomadic' career, joining a club then going out on loan after a short spell. Wondering why that is? Could that be a bad sign?

If Rovers want a left back that's fine as long as the more pressing areas are filled also (strikers and central midfield).

Free transfer,"nomadic = jouneyman,looking for a payday,is this really the best we can do ?.

I was quite surprised to see Jorge Ribeiro as a trialist even though I always thought he could be a good player for Rovers.

His carreer in the last years has been poor, mainly because he was put aside by Benfica (politics and agents!!)

He can score goals from outside the box, is consistent and can be a good player.

Not sure if he has been released by Benfica but, if he wasn't, he can come on loan or for a very low fee, Benfica don't want him.

As for Maniche, 33 now, had a very poor season in Sporting Lisbon and is completely out of shape.

i dont know much about him. never heard of him at all tbh!!!

but all i can say is that its defo not Jorge Ribeiro!

So, we have a lb/lw guy on trial? We also have Maniche on trial? And now we have another unknown who is about to sign?

That Right?

Can you at least tell us the position the unknown plays Makey11?

If we signed Downing for 20 million wouldn't really make much of a difference to us he been playing in team in the bottom half all his career. Not sure he better then Olsson. Paying for a name.

And why sign Bent for 26 million then sell/lose three key players.

Surely it's Jorge. None of the others make any sense.

Not that Jorge makes much sense. Benfica fans seem to really dislike him, and his career is patch at best.

You seem to be under the impression that things should make sense. I can't think of anything that has made sense since Venky's took over, other than bringing Jermaine Jones in.

not confusing at all; yesterday was confusing with all conflicting and changing developments.

to simplify;

JORGE RIBEIRO is on trial (LB/LW)

MANICHE is here will him and will also be looked at

BRUNO RIBEIRO is the agent.

as for delaying the information coming out.

its simply to do with professionalism, and deadlines for newspapers and websites.

otherwise there would never be any exclusives.

but sssh.. dont tell hatrix.. he thinks he's rumbled us! :rolleyes:

It can't be, the guy is retired and is now a manager.

Edit- Unless you talking about a Brazilian player called Bruno Ribeiro that I can't find any solid info on and is a right back - an area that doesn't need addressing this season.

This is confusing...

It's the one from brazil.... 28yr old right back

He's back up for Salgado aparently.

• Moderation Lead

It can't be, the guy is retired and is now a manager.

Edit- Unless you talking about a Brazilian player called Bruno Ribeiro that I can't find any solid info on and is a right back - an area that doesn't need addressing this season.

This is confusing...

Think he's being sarcastic mate..... There was a left winger at Leeds (when they were in the prem) by the name of Bruno Ribeiro. ;)

Archived