BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kalinic

Glenn

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really wanted Niko to do well, but it was time for him to move on. Great strikers don't care what the 'system' is, they care about scoring goals and will find a way to do it. He has the pieces to the puzzle, but hasn't quite figured it out yet and gets frustrated about that fact too easily.

Glad the transfer is done and dusted, but still a little frustrating to hear some of the quotes about how the other team tried to persuade him that he would be happier there. They almost admit to encouraging him to do something to get out of rovers, ie: not get on that plane to hong kong. It's gotten more and more ridiculous how much power players have and even how much power clubs can have over other team's players.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/105342.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Glad he's gone and hope that we can replace him with someone who can make an impact. I dont think it's right to blame just luck or the club's tactics for his failure to be a success. Some responsibility has to be taken by Kalinic for not integrating fully and learning the language. Wish him well for the future and I'm sure he'll score goals in leagues less physical and fast as ours...

Best of luck to him.

Hope we can re-invest the £6m into a real goalscorer now please.......

I was under the impression the sale of Nicko was needed to fund the Goodwillie and Petrovic deals, I maybe wrong.

*sigh* Sorry to see the lad leave good luck to him.

A full season last year would of seen him score 10-14 (based on his 6 in 20) goals and helped his confidence.. He may of fallen over way to much but he did get into plenty of good scoring positions(hitting the post how many times?) instead we stick with Roberts (5 in 25).

Still as he was not in the managers plans def a good time to sell him and a decent price.

I couldn’t care less what happens to Kalinic from here on in.The guy was lazy, unprofessional and is now extremely rich on the back of his move here.

Talks**te announced last night that Bolton striker Nic Kalinic had left for the club....

I still feel that he could have made it, but he certainly didn't impress when given the chance. Best that we moved on and we were lucky to seemingly get our money back for him.

It will have to go down as one of the worst Rovers signings of the Premier League era...which is saying something.

£5 million in purchases? Not exactly.

Petrovic was probably around £3m. Goodwillie was seemingly at £2.8m for everything.

People also have to factor in the extension to contracts, which will have increased our wage bill.

We aren't finished yet in the transfer market. I can't remember a season in recent years where the majority of our business was done by August 12th (and that is true for most clubs). Chelsea, Wolves, United and City have been fairly quick with their dealings, but virtually all of the rest still have a lot of issues to sort out and a lot of players to bring in or sell. This will make it easier for everyone over the final week or so and, as so often is the case with the premier league, a signing or two usually gets the ball rolling across the league.

It would have been nice to have had everything sorted by the first game of the season, but that simply wasn't realistic.

It would have been nice to have had everything sorted by the first game of the season, but that simply wasn't realistic.

It was realistic. Just mismanaged by owners and/or managers and/or agents who had a constantly shifting budget and constantly shifting targets.

The club needs consistency. Otherwise we will be viewed as unreliable. In business, reputation is everything.

Perhaps the only business environment where it doesn't count is monopoly or near monopoly conditions? Venkys allegedly possess a very significant portion of the Indian poultry market. I wonder if those experiences have caused it to misjudge it's football dealings?

It really isn't realistic. People can point to players who have moved elsewhere, but the fact is that mid-table sides rarely finish their business by mid-August. Too much of the transfer window is a waiting game.

It's a shame things didn't work out for Niko. I liked him. Good technique and cool finisher, but needs to play with a partner.

It's sad day when a 32 year old Jason Roberts is preferred to a 23 year old Croatian international.

It's sad day when a 32 year old Jason Roberts is preferred to a 23 year old Croatian international.

More like a good reason to get rid. Just imagine how bad he must be in training, attitude etc for Roberts to be ahead of him :blink:

Best of luck to him. Thought that he was unlucky when he was here. The amount of times he hit the post or goalkeepers made remarkable saves from him was unreal. I don't think that the way we've played since he's been here has helped him. He always looked better when up top with someone else, instead of having long balls bumped the field for him to chase down or hold up against 4 defenders. At least we got our money back. I could see him ending up in the Bundesliga if he does well in the Ukraine.

Archived