Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kalinic

Glenn

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I'll be disappointed to see Kalinic go, as I had high hopes for him when he arrived.

For whatever reason it just hasn't worked out for him at Rovers - he did/does have potential, there were a lot of people both in and out of the game who believed that, but for whatever reason he hasn't fulfilled it here.

I'd argue the club has failed Kalinic on many levels and I don't think we've aided his development much, however from what I understand he hasn't done himself a great deal of favours either... particularly in the last few months.

He may well go on to be a star elsewhere, but IMO he'll never be one here. Best to let him go and recoup as much money as we can for him.

I too had high hopes when he first arrived at Ewood. Given the talent that Croatia have at their disposal for him to be described as 'the future of croatian football' means he must have something about him. I'm just not sure what it is to be honest.

Whether we as a club have let him down, the English game or whether he has let him self down is subject to debate. One thing id for certain however, is that he is not going to cut it here.

Expect to see him playing for Genoa or someone of their ilk in Serie A in the not distant future.

I am a fan of his but I think there is something not right regarding his situation. He seems to do well whenever he goes away with the national team, yet not here (or he does well in flashes)

He has had two good games in a Rovers shirt. Really not looked up to it at al. The teams he plays against with Croatia are less physical than the PL and that is the side of the game he really struggles with.

He's had his chances and he has shown potential but he's not good enough in one area to make it in this league. He's not quick, he's not clinical and he's not strong. In a less physically demanding league Im sure he could go well but I think he's had his chance here. So long as the money we get from him is re-invested then I wont be sad to see him go.

interesting comment:

“He wants to leave the club. It is simple. He is 23 and needs to be playing and it is clear he won’t be playing regularly at Blackburn Rovers."

On the back of Roberts turning 34 soon, Benjani not signing, RSC and both Diouf's gone or likely going.

He must know or be expecting a few new strikers, otherwise he has a real chance of playing.

As long as the transfer fee is invested in a young-ish striker then I have no issue with him leaving.

I do think he'll become a very good striker eventually, but he doesn't really fit into our system. We have some very good supporting attackers who need a physical forward to play off.

As long as the transfer fee is invested in a young-ish striker then I have no issue with him leaving.

I do think he'll become a very good striker eventually, but he doesn't really fit into our system. We have some very good supporting attackers who need a physical forward to play off.

???

You'll have to give me a clue Den, I wrote a few different things there.

The bit in bold LeC, We have some very good supporting attackers.

Who? I assume you mean Junior for one - who's not proven as a striker yet. Who are the others?

Left back. ;)

Either way I wouldn't call him a supporting attacker, even in midfield he's more of a conventional winger. You wouldn't play him off a target man, whereas the other three probably favour that position.

Archived