BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kalinic

Glenn

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15% is just less than £1M. It´s a lot of money but is it worth for a long fight? If Dnipro takes off Niko will probably stay. Or if the solution takes time too long we won´t have time to get new striker in. Sell sell!

Absolutely fine with me if Niko stays, to be honest. £6 million is certainly good money considering how we've devalued his stock by never playing him, but I sincerely believe he could be worth close to double if played consistently. On the other hand, I'll grant Kean doesn't seem to want to play him, in which case we might as well take the money (though who knows how long Kean will be around). But I won't be shedding any tears if we still have Kalinic come the end of the window. A late sale with not enough time to replace would be bad, but in theory we should have enough money from sales to line up a good striker before then anyway, even if Venkys invest nothing. But who knows what's going on with our finances lately.

Also, I'm finding the idea of us selling Kalinic and barely spending any more than the received fee from him on two strikers somewhat repugnant when we should have a lot of Jones money sitting around, so I'm hoping we're willing to go to the 6 million plus territory if need be.

Getting rid of Niko seems to be a huge task. Got a bad feeling he will still be here when the window end.

I seem to remember Jason Roberts being out in the cold at the beginning of last season. Kept away from the squad, no shirt number.

Now he's one of the clubs main spokesmen.

What a difference 12 months makes...

Getting rid of Niko seems to be a huge task. Got a bad feeling he will still be here when the window end.

Don't understand why its taken so long, the information coming out of the club seemed to indicate that kalinic was orchestrating a move away every time he went out on international duty :rock:

The fact he been sold to some non-descript Ukrainian club speaks volumes about him.

Now this striker we're after......

The lad clearly had quality, we made him play in a system that didn't suit his strengths (one upfront) and starved him of service.

We will never know now though. With Niko and Keith looking like departing on the same day this board will need to find some new villians.

Hooray!!!

Now people might finally stop defending the useless turd just because he is a Rovers player!

I defend him based on his international standard and goal scoring quality.

I can't be bothered with a full scale argument but the only time I'll see him play now really is internationally and he's damn good at that.

I defend him based on his international standard and goal scoring quality.

I can't be bothered with a full scale argument but the only time I'll see him play now really is internationally and he's damn good at that.

As with Franco...he was never and will never be a Premier League player.

Good luck nico - thought you could have been a good striker if serviced right. Not enough balls played into the channels for him to run onto.

IMO he will do well in future

Archived