BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kalinic

Glenn

sorry eddie but theres no exuse for not getting business done before the start of the season, they have had nearly 3 months to get things sorted and they have p*ssed about all summer, like a bunch of ameteurs.

You only need to look at the business other clubs have done to realise that statement is nonsense. You can't buy players that clubs don't want to sell, and those clubs will not sell until they've bought replacements.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck Niko. I was definitley one of your supporters. You definitley have the quality to score lots of goals at this level. Perhaps the move to Rovers came at the wrong time in your career and under the wrong management. That said I don't know if you gave up trying a while back when you realised Kean didn't fancy you.

Things could have been a lot different had that wonder goal at Spurs and that goal against Utd counted. Also a shame to see such a lack of service come your way. All the best for the future.

P.S. After my last three Rovers shirts having Warnock, Kalinic and Jones I think I'll leave it blank this season.

Or maybe go for Roberts? Haha!

Don't be silly. Has to be Grella... Legend <_<

I stand corrected. :blush:

On the issue of Kalinic, I think he is immensely talented and has loads of potential. I'm glad he's playing outside of England as I think he'll eventually start banging them in and I don't want Rovers on the receiving end.

Could never quite decide if he was a good player made to look poor through poor management, a system that didn't suit him etc, or an average player who had a good spell of form against poor opposition which sealed him this move and then just quite wasn't good enough. Probably a bit of both. He wasn't used optimally and injuries and suspensions came at inopportune times. But at the same time he wasn't good enough to warrant a club with our resources spending £6m.

I'm rather indifferent about this sale. Wouldn't have minded giving him another season to prove himself, but it seemed pretty clear that he didn't want to stay and Kean didn't want him to, so recouping most of what we paid for him is a pretty good deal.

So in short, I'm quite happily sitting on the fence.

Speaks volumes that he has ended up at the footballing powerhouse FC Dnipro. The 7th most successful club of all time in the Soviet Top League and 4th placed in Ukraine last season if Wiki is to be trusted.

He was an expensive flop here, and before that played in the Croatian leagues. It was inevitable that he'd step-down if he wanted to rebuild his career.

Disappointed it didn't work out for him. I still believe Kalinic is technically a gifted player, but for several reasons it wasn't to be. We move on.

Well the useless, expensive failure who spent more time on his arse than scoring goals has played 1 scored 1 for his new club.

It was only the Ukrainian League some will moan, yeah, but against last season's Champions League Quarter Finalists Shakhtar Donetsk.

Still, Allardyce and Kean know best eh?

• Backroom

Well the useless, expensive failure who spent more time on his arse than scoring goals has played 1 scored 1 for his new club.

It was only the Ukrainian League some will moan, yeah, but against last season's Champions League Quarter Finalists Shakhtar Donetsk.

Still, Allardyce and Kean know best eh?

Are you going to post every time he scores in a poor league?

He wasn't strong enough for the league.

Nope straight red for an elbow that was nothing at all

So you posted how it was a mistake to sell him based on the fact he has 1 app 1 goal but fail to mention he was also sent off?

Ha

He was sent off last time he scored for us as well wasn't he?

So you posted how it was a mistake to sell him based on the fact he has 1 app 1 goal but fail to mention he was also sent off?

Ha

He was sent off last time he scored for us as well wasn't he?

Don't know about you but I struggle to mention things I don't know about.

Doesn't change the fact that given the chance he scored a goal in his first game.

Archived