BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kalinic

Glenn

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nope.. hit a snag. rovers not got the full 6m upfront as promised.

it'll be sorted.. but when ?? :angry2:

Roverinsider mentioned that last week so hardly new, something like about only 1.5 up front the rest over his contract.

One of his from around that time.

@roversinsider Blackburn Rovers Spy KALINIC SNAG...Dnipro want to pay over the FULL length of his contract, not what the club was expecting #Rovers 26 Jul via Twitter for iPhone

I'm sure that if he knew the club knew.

Roverinsider mentioned that last week so hardly new, something like about only 1.5 up front the rest over his contract.

One of his from around that time.

@roversinsider Blackburn Rovers Spy KALINIC SNAG...Dnipro want to pay over the FULL length of his contract, not what the club was expecting #Rovers 26 Jul via Twitter for iPhone

I'm sure that if he knew the club knew.

i was in milan on the 26th! til this monday. ;) therefore not on this site etc.. only posting what i hear.

the thing has really come to ahead today and lots of panicking going on!

I wouldn't mind if this deal fell through. It's not like we are flush with strikers.

The irony of an eleventh hour screw-up forcing him to stay, necesssity forcing him to play, and then clicking brilliantly around a team that plays football on the ground, through the middle. That scenario, however unlikely, does appeal.

Somebody needs eyeballing for lumbering him with the 'future of Croatian football' tag. Every time he fell over in the game, you could almost hear 'star in the making, yeah, right' from the crowd.

Still young enough to fulfil his potential and I hope he does.

I agree with markread, except that, at my age, I wouldn't want to "eyeball" Slaven Bilic, the Croatian national manager!

However, according to this, http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Blackburn-sale-Nikola-Kalinic-to-Dnipro-held-up-as-former-club-Hajduk-Split-want-15-slice-of-6m-fee-article781124.html , there seem to be two problems. It's not just Dnipro wanting to pay us over the length of his contract, rather than up front; it's Hajduk Split wanting a piece of the action, too.

I agree with markread, except that, at my age, I wouldn't want to "eyeball" Slaven Bilic, the Croatian national manager!

However, according to this, http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Blackburn-sale-Nikola-Kalinic-to-Dnipro-held-up-as-former-club-Hajduk-Split-want-15-slice-of-6m-fee-article781124.html , there seem to be two problems. It's not just Dnipro wanting to pay us over the length of his contract, rather than up front; it's Hajduk Split wanting a piece of the action, too.

What is it with Rovers and clauses this transfer window. Release clause for Phil Jones, now sell on clauses with regards Kalinic. Certainly an unusual transfer window for Rovers this time around. Problems selling players this time, let alone buying them.

Venky's simply never bothered to talk detail with any of the Rovers old hands.

Quite simply there was zero knowledge transfer which explains why the Raos keep finding their nickers round their ankles.

100% their own fault.

What is it with Rovers and clauses this transfer window. Release clause for Phil Jones, now sell on clauses with regards Kalinic. Certainly an unusual transfer window for Rovers this time around. Problems selling players this time, let alone buying them.

Sell on clauses and release clauses are the norm now in most contracts, the thing that worries me is that almost every transfer is on deferred terms, Rovers somehow dont think that should be the case!!

I would ask you to consider this, Liverpools debt, Man Utds debt etc - they have spent large amounts of cash this close season and probably more to come, they couldnt possibly pay those kinds of transfer fees up front, Portsmouth ended up being unable to play players, some were sold and the players previous clubs got the fee, it does seem to be very much the norm with the very odd exception.

Quite simply there was zero knowledge transfer which explains why the Raos keep finding their nickers round their ankles.

100% their own fault.

Its their fault a sell on clause was inserted in a players contract they didnt sign? Give over.

Its their fault a sell on clause was inserted in a players contract they didnt sign? Give over.

Dont think you understood the post Slough, I think Philip was commenting that if Venkys had done their homework and spoken to the right people, they would have known about release or sell on clauses.

Their comes a point Slough, where the incompetence of the owners can no longer be defended.

I’ve been trying to defend them from day one, I’ve now given up that ghost, they’re incompetent fools of the highest order, the evidence speaks for itself....

Thats some change of stance Gav, you and Zac used to be the sole protectors of venkys... Hence why I questioned if you were the same person ;)

Agreed though, they have a lot to learn. They had good people at the club who could have guided them through their first couple of seasons but they chose to dispose of all of that knowledge.

Thats some change of stance Gav, you and Zac used to be the sole protectors of venkys... Hence why I questioned if you were the same person ;)

Agreed though, they have a lot to learn. They had good people at the club who could have guided them through their first couple of seasons but they chose to dispose of all of that knowledge.

I've said the same for a while now Ricky to be honest.

I don't like to judge people on rumour and conjecture, good old facts speak themselves, and those have presented themselves over the past few months, and is the reason for my change of stance regarding Venkys.

For Christ's sake sell him and argue about the clause later. Where on Earth are we going to find another set of mugs willing to pay anything close to this kind of money for him?

100% their own fault.

Not sure I agree with that.

It's is completely unconventional to put a clause if that entitles the old club to a percentage of ANY transfer fee. It's always a percentage of profit.

I'll be very surprised if it is 15% of any fee, we didn't do that for Roque or Bentley. If the old regime have cocked that up though then they should be lynched, that's unforgivable.

Not sure I agree with that.

It's is completely unconventional to put a clause if that entitles the old club to a percentage of ANY transfer fee. It's always a percentage of profit.

I'll be very surprised if it is 15% of any fee, we didn't do that for Roque or Bentley. If the old regime have cocked that up though then they should be lynched, that's unforgivable.

Totally disagree.

A decision (whatever it was) was arrived at which landed the signing.

Venky's did their due diligence and had the best management team in the Prem so if they don't know what the deal is, that is 100% their own fault.

What we are hearing is that Rovers have been taken by surprise by a phone call from Split and have gone back to haggle with Dnipro again- that is just so unprofessional.

Just a point...

The native language of the contract is probably the issue. If it was written and agreed upon in English, then most likely it will be Hadjuk mistranslating it. Or vice versa.

It's also equally possible that both parties left the original contract signing believing they had signed a contract which entitled them to different things.

Can people stop assuming that Venkys are idiots? I challenege you to run a multinational corporation worth millions. They aren't fools, their advisors aren't fools and their lawyers aren't fools.

We aren't talking about some poxy Dixy Chicken vendor on Blackburn Road here.

If the contract signed does entitle Hadjuk to any percentage of the total transfer fee it is the fault of the old regime. They signed it, they may not have believed that is what they signed, but they would be the ones at fault.

And why is it bad that we want our money up front? That is how things should work. It is testiment to how poorly football is run in general that it isn't.

If we get our money up front we're in better shape than other clubs.

Totally disagree.

A decision (whatever it was) was arrived at which landed the signing.

Venky's did their due diligence and had the best management team in the Prem so if they don't know what the deal is, that is 100% their own fault.

What we are hearing is that Rovers have been taken by surprise by a phone call from Split and have gone back to haggle with Dnipro again- that is just so unprofessional.

Come on! We have no idea what's going on. If I had to make a guess, I would say that Venkys are playing hardball in this window and good on 'em.

100% their own fault.

Surely Phil, there must be personnel files at Rovers with contract details, terms of purchase details etc in them.

The one titled Kalinic would surely have the contract details of the purchase in it. Cost, dates of payments, sell on etc.

The owners or new staff would just need to read the agreements. Or is this too simple?

Rovers definitley agreed a 15% sell on fee. I think that it was in the LET at the time of the transfer.

I also think that Rovers were hammered by the sell on fee payable to Arsenal after Bentley was sold. I recall it turned out to be 40-50% of any profit.

Surely Phil, there must be personnel files at Rovers with contract details, terms of purchase details etc in them.

The one titled Kalinic would surely have the contract details of the purchase in it. Cost, dates of payments, sell on etc.

The owners or new staff would just need to read the agreements. Or is this too simple?

Exactly.

Archived