BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sol Bamba

Kamy100

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leicester are seriously loaded so if it comes to a fight over who offers the biggest wadge to Bamba, we might not win. I wonder if this is hiding a much bigger story?

Please could you stop this? If you have something to say then say it. If you wont or cant the please keep schtum until you will or can.

Please could you stop this? If you have something to say then say it. If you wont or cant the please keep schtum until you will or can.

Maybe he is considering the possiblite that if Bamba comes in, then Samba will be leaving.

Maybe he is considering the possiblite that if Bamba comes in, then Samba will be leaving.

Maybe. Why the coded language though? I have to admit that Phillipl uses words and phrases quite cleverly.

I dont know much about the Leicester lad but he has clearly made a good impression in The Championship. Personally I would like Scott Dann if we lose Samba.

He's looked colossal when I've seen him, for £3m he would be a solid purchase if Samba stays.

Hhehehe, it is the second clause of that statement that's essential for me! I'm really hoping against hope that Samba is a Rover for some time to come. Who knows?

With regards to Sol Bamba, roversfan99 and indeed anyone else, what kind of a CB is he? Is a game reader or a weapon of mass destruction?

He's looked colossal when I've seen him, for £3m he would be a solid purchase if Samba stays.

Fair enough is Samba stays, but not as a replacement thanks.

Samba 6ft 4

Bamba 6ft 3

Petrovic 6ft 4

NZonzi 6ft 4

Yikes thats one big team!

Well I can't say I've seen him too much, but he is how you would expect.

Quite similar to how people view Samba, in that he maybe isn't the best technically, and is prone to the odd lapse in concentration, but he's athletic, capable of scoring, dominant in the air and very strong.

You are probably better off asking people who have seen him on a regular basis though. He looked good v City last year in the cup.

Hughesy I think he would be a Jones replacement, considering his price and the fact the Mongongu deal looks dead in the water.

If he was a direct replacement for Samba I would be disappointed, but it's been said that we have an active bid for a centre back as we are short on numbers.

Maybe if we signed him, bringing in Bentley would really make us a threat from set-pieces.

Well interest has been denied in Onouha I think unfortunately.

However it has been said that we are actively trying to sign a centre back to replace Jones, and have a bid out, especially with Samba and Nelsen injured, we look short on numbers.

Please bare in mind I haven't seen him much, he may be rubbish on a regular basis.

Well interest has been denied in Onouha I think unfortunately.

However it has been said that we are actively trying to sign a centre back to replace Jones, and have a bid out, especially with Samba and Nelsen injured, we look short on numbers.

I think it's pretty obvious that we will be going into Saturdays game with Givet & Hanley as the centre halfs, unless Samba is ready of course.

If he isn't then that centre half pairing worries me.

Being a Hibs fan as well.

He's similar to Samba, great in the air and strong, but a little quicker than Chris. Has the odd lapse in concentration and can be a little moody.

He played at Dunfermline for a few seasons before he went to Hibs. My mates back in Dunfermline weren't too bothered when he left East End to go to Easter Road. Apparently he's nothing special. I'm sure Fife Rover (being a fellow Pars fan) will have something to add and i dare say he's probably seen Bamba play a few times.

Linked with him before, went missing in France if I remember correctly around that time, Think it was Summer 2009.

Played in the friendly at Ewood, at the time I was impressed, had our front line in his pocket all night. Looked to very comfortable on the ball.

Fair enough is Samba stays, but not as a replacement thanks.

Samba 6ft 4

Bamba 6ft 3

Petrovic 6ft 4

NZonzi 6ft 4

Yikes thats one big team!

I think Samba is 6,5 even, we would dominate the air surely and good at set pieces.

I thought it was amazing that Barcelona never crossed the ball in from a corner, but we certainly will.

He played at Dunfermline for a few seasons before he went to Hibs. My mates back in Dunfermline weren't too bothered when he left East End to go to Easter Road. Apparently he's nothing special. I'm sure Fife Rover (being a fellow Pars fan) will have something to add and i dare say he's probably seen Bamba play a few times.

They called him 'Bombscare Bamba' at Dunfermline and although he had the athletisism he had alot of lapses. HHibs saw the potential and snapped him up. He was a stand out player at hibs and that why Leicester signed him on the cheap as his contract was due to expire, otherwise Hibs would have made an absolute fortune on him.

Don't know if this has been twisted, but Kean says we've bid and are quite close.

http://www.football365.com/blackburn-rovers/7091447/Rovers-boss-keen-to-strengthen?

I just read that too Neal ... Those Kean quotes were published yesterday (or possibly monday?).

I think they've read the Sun and made an assumption. When the quote was published there was no indication that he was referring to Bamba IIRC.

Archived