BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sol Bamba

Kamy100

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where does it say that the central defender we've bid is Bamba? No quotes of Kean "admitting" this..

It doesn't, they have taken quotes Kean made a few days ago, seen the Bamba link today, and just put the two togther.

Typical piece from skysports really.

Just asked a few of my Scottish mates about Bamba...... the first reply is below (have not seen much of him myself) - let's hope he is just a bad judge of player!

No - he is terrible. Was surprised when Leicester signed him.

Again, another review is that he was quite inconsistent at Hibs but might have improved since then.

cryer saying that sky pinched his quotes from kean the other day and just added bambas name cause the sun have mentioned him as a possible transfer target, but cryer has just confirmed that his quotes from kean were not regarding bamba so it must be some other defender

Thank god for that!

leicester fans seem to think moving to rovers would be a step backwards for Bamba how can a chamionship team say that. But they all want to keep him and value him at around 6million :blink:

Yes but we're in a world where Blackpool fans truly believed that Goodwillie signing for Rovers instead of them was a "step backwards".

Done some chasing up, and there is a definate interest in Bamba, Yes Sky did a bit of copy and pasting on their article, but they wnt be the first to do so, Lots of LET reports have also been copy and pasted, However got it from a stronger source now,

Don't know much about him apart from he did well in cup against Man City last season

Done some chasing up, and there is a definate interest in Bamba, Yes Sky did a bit of copy and pasting on their article, but they wnt be the first to do so, Lots of LET reports have also been copy and pasted, However got it from a stronger source now,

Don't know much about him apart from he did well in cup against Man City last season

trust me he is shocking, watch alot of scottish football being a sccots man living in england, he was part of a shocking hibs team couple of seasons ago that nearly got relegated, this would be really scraping the barrel, Matthew upson on a free would have been better , we really are trying to shop at the bargain basement if this is the best we can find

He played at Dunfermline for a few seasons before he went to Hibs. My mates back in Dunfermline weren't too bothered when he left East End to go to Easter Road. Apparently he's nothing special. I'm sure Fife Rover (being a fellow Pars fan) will have something to add and i dare say he's probably seen Bamba play a few times.

Thank you very much Robbo for the introduction (I never realised there were any more on this MB that even knew the Pars existed; let alone supported them)

However to the subject in hand Sol Bamba: He was a product of the Pars youth programme and broke into the first team at quite a young age (can't remember which). Straight away he seemed to settle in to the first team (Pars were a top-half SPL side at the time) and most fans were fairly happy with him. But before long he started to display some very silly and over ambitious traits. For instance he would win the ball off an opposing striker say and then instead of getting the ball away upfield or at least passing to a colleague in space, he would get over confident and start advancing with the ball at his feet and taking it right up to an opposition player then deliberately trying to dribble it round him. He was always getting caught out and disposessed, but he never seemed to learn..

I watched him play for DAFC for two full seasons as a ST holder, and he never ceased to irritate me that in spite of his excellent tackling ability and speed strength etc he never seemed to learn to play the sensible safe ball. He just LOVED to show off. Not my kind of player I am afraid.

When Pars were relegated he wanted out straight away, and most Pars fans were glad to see the back of him when Hibs took him off our hands.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear chaps, but that's exactly how it was, and why I can't generate even a scoric of excitement at the news that he might become a Rover. Unless of course he has learnt and got rid of his bad habits.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear chaps, but that's exactly how it was, and why I can't generate even a scoric of excitement at the news that he might become a Rover. Unless of course he has learnt and got rid of his bad habits.

I get your drift, Fife Rover; but, apart from being a word I've never come across, what's a "scoric"?

I get your drift, Fife Rover; but, apart from being a word I've never come across, what's a "scoric"?

Aha! That's a wonderfully useful word that I learnt early on in my time in Scotland. It actually means "an infinitessimally small particle" of whatever the subject under discussion is about. For instance: " Oh him! He hasn't got a scoric of sense about him "

Thank you very much Robbo for the introduction (I never realised there were any more on this MB that even knew the Pars existed; let alone supported them)

However to the subject in hand Sol Bamba: He was a product of the Pars youth programme and broke into the first team at quite a young age (can't remember which). Straight away he seemed to settle in to the first team (Pars were a top-half SPL side at the time) and most fans were fairly happy with him. But before long he started to display some very silly and over ambitious traits. For instance he would win the ball off an opposing striker say and then instead of getting the ball away upfield or at least passing to a colleague in space, he would get over confident and start advancing with the ball at his feet and taking it right up to an opposition player then deliberately trying to dribble it round him. He was always getting caught out and disposessed, but he never seemed to learn..

I watched him play for DAFC for two full seasons as a ST holder, and he never ceased to irritate me that in spite of his excellent tackling ability and speed strength etc he never seemed to learn to play the sensible safe ball. He just LOVED to show off. Not my kind of player I am afraid.

When Pars were relegated he wanted out straight away, and most Pars fans were glad to see the back of him when Hibs took him off our hands.

too young, and maybe just a little raw and out to prove a point at the time? now grown up a bit, more experienced etc etc perhaps Fife

Aha! That's a wonderfully useful word that I learnt early on in my time in Scotland. It actually means "an infinitessimally small particle" of whatever the subject under discussion is about. For instance: " Oh him! He hasn't got a scoric of sense about him "

Right up there with 'scunnered' 'eejit' and 'dreicht' that one Fife. Will we see you on the train on Saturday?

Right up there with 'scunnered' 'eejit' and 'dreicht' that one Fife. Will we see you on the train on Saturday?

Going direct from Edinburgh on the 10-52 Virgin. But I will be on the 1841 from Preston to Glasgow Central going back. Might see you then ?

Archived