BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Drink Driving Poll - Sack or Back ?

Glenn

527 members have voted

1. 1. Given Steve kean has pleaded guilty to drink driving, should he now be sacked ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
    • Sacked, but for footballing reasons.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'm refraining from voting for now, I'm annoyed about the way hes gone about it an drink driving is horrible but I honestly think many would react differently if he was a world class manager. I don't know if my previous views on him taint my judgement past the point of it being worth anything.

Easy poll to answer for me. I watched us nearly get relegated last time round, whereas others have conveniently forgotten we only scraped survival on the last day of the season.

Get a qualfied manager in asap and unite the club again. Get a taxi Keano, you will not be missed in anyway.

While he coudn't prevent Samba, Nelsen and Givet all missing Saturday's game I just can't see how Kean can take us anywhere other than the Championship. My only worry is the timing and that if he was sacked this week then Venkys wouldn't really have much time to get a new manager who can then bring in new signings (if there is any money left). Kamy made the point in the Kean thread that Kean could possibly get the sack and not be paid off either because of this scenario he finds himself in.

I do think that if Vekys want to make strides to get the fans on side after what has been a dismal time for us lot then I think that ditching Kean would be a step in the right direction. He might be a decent coach but he's always going to be fighting a losing battle against us fans.

I heard that rumour Muddboy :D

Sack him. He was doing 90 miles an hour, and was over the limit. This is not India where Tendulkar can do the same whilst shooting puppies because of who he is. My sister is a copper, and she has enough trouble with drunken stupidity most days with pedestrians, let alone those driving.

I regularly do 90 MPH on the motorway, but then I am an outstanding driver and can pull it off.

I'm surprised the press are not taking the mickey.

I voted sack because of his insulting excuse, rather then the offense.

they wont sack Kean, the only way Kean goes is if he walks, Kean is venkys yes man, if they really had ambition and the cash to splash surely they would have brought in a top class manager to show there intention and that they were serious, they are stripping the club dry and they got the perfect guy in place as manager to get away with this .

The time is now.

As far as the charges, he made a "mistake" and should have held his hands up and taken his medicine.

Trying to blame fans is about as low as it gets for a football manager.

Archived