BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Neekoy, Nelsta,

I have no problem with you not liking "Juno" but I think you may be possibly mising the point of the film.

I think it was to point out that becoming pregnant aged 16 need not be the end of the world. It can have a happy ending for all concerned. Which the film did. (Damn, given away more of the plot!) To expect an unhappy & miserable ending would defeat the whole point of it all.

I'll agree with you that Juno did have a rather snappy & clever way of expressing herself, which the character didn't necessarilly need to do, but if she wasn't that perky then the fim would have been rather contradictory in that Juno would have been a bit thick, but the plot would have depended on her being pretty sharp.

Anyway, each to his & her own. If you didn't like it that's what you didn't like.

I've ordered the soundtrack, 'cos I thought it was great.

If you like that soundtrack then you should get the Napolean Dynamite one.

Neekoy, Nelsta,

I have no problem with you not liking "Juno" but I think you may be possibly mising the point of the film.

I think it was to point out that becoming pregnant aged 16 need not be the end of the world. It can have a happy ending for all concerned. Which the film did. (Damn, given away more of the plot!) To expect an unhappy & miserable ending would defeat the whole point of it all.

I'll agree with you that Juno did have a rather snappy & clever way of expressing herself, which the character didn't necessarilly need to do, but if she wasn't that perky then the fim would have been rather contradictory in that Juno would have been a bit thick, but the plot would have depended on her being pretty sharp.

Anyway, each to his & her own. If you didn't like it that's what you didn't like.

I've ordered the soundtrack, 'cos I thought it was great.

I wasnt having a punt at you....It wasnt just the ending i didnt like.

I mean come on a 16 year old girl gets pregnant.....and no one bats an eyelid.As i said it was just all sunshine and birds singing all the way through.

But you know each to there own....i'm still of the opinion That Big Trouble In Little China is the best film ever.

anybody seen the dylan biopic "i'm not there" It got nominated for the oscars and even managed to get a good review from Mark Kemode but as far as i know its not been on general release in east lancs. does anyone out there know if its likely to be shown anywhere in the near future?

anybody seen the dylan biopic "i'm not there" It got nominated for the oscars and even managed to get a good review from Mark Kemode but as far as i know its not been on general release in east lancs. does anyone out there know if its likely to be shown anywhere in the near future?

I have been desperate to see this myself. I think its going to be a 'straight to video' title. Which is bad really. There was a screening of it in the UK at cinemas but it was extremely limited, so limited it wasnt even shown in Manchester.

If anyone has any info on it let me know, like dvd release date etc..

Just been mooching about on imdb.com and got all giddy at seeing this.Arrested Development : The Movie. Anyone that ever watched this show will know why i'm so giddy about it.

The best sit-com from the states ever.Well in my opinion.

Please please let this happen.

Oh goodness, please tell me you're not one of those forum AD fanboys.

No i aint a fanboy....i just happen to love that show.

I dont flame people for not liking it...and i havnt/wont join up to any fan club to discuss it.

I know i like it and thats enough for me.

Haha fair enough. I just know there's like tons and tons of people who forum on IMDB and justr ave about how amazing it is. In other news, I also did enjoy the show while it was on the air.

Over Curb Your Enthusiasm? I hardly think so. :)

Not too big on watching him bitch and complain all day.

AD was a great show, very quirky and different.

I'd have to say the the first season of Sledge Hammer! was the best sitcom ever. Or maybe Scrubs, even though the number of re-runs of it shown nowadays is overkill.

I'd suggest people watch 30 Rock, as well. Not a big Tina Fey or Alec Baldwin fan, but it is a really funny show.

Arrested Development is a quite wonderful comedy. One of the cleverest and well-crafted things I've ever seen. Absolutely wasted on Americans (;)). The prospect of a movie really excites me.

I've tried so so hard to like Curb. I bought season 1 and watched all of season 2 as well. I can sort of see why people like it, but I feel like I'm just watching the same episode over and over and over and over again. It's exactly the same every time.

Give me AD any day of the week.