BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

apparently there is going to be a 2nd "goonies" movie made in 2009!

it will involve some or all of the 1985 cast apart from sloth and mama who are unfortunately not with us anymore.

it was one of my favorite movies as a child, i just hope if it goes ahead that it's not a big let down.

I guess one man's honey on bread is another mans piece of ######.

I found it unplausible, abnoxious, annoying and downright stupid.

It was painting by numbers on what is deemed to be the successful 'indy pop culture reference' flick.

Juno was an annoying git with her 'that's like soooo deep' humourous quips where she makes GenY look even more pathetic, name dorpping of bands to seem cool and the oh oh oh look! SHE HAS A HAMBURGER FOR A PHONE! HOW RETRO!

Basically a 16 year old gets pregnant and works out what to do next.....

Let's give the baby to a family I found in the Town Shopper!

Happy you liked it but what it needed was a tragic ending for all involved.

couldnt have put it better myself and found her so damn annoying id have willingly shoved the orange and hamburburger up her nose............and as for the cretin with the sweatbands what a pillock....worst film ive seen in years

The outrageously talented Anthony Minghella has died. Click.

A real shock.

I was at Hull University at the same time as Anthony. The guy was just an incredibly nice, decent person with an astonishing intelect- one of those people who simply has that aura of being incredibly bright. Everybody knew who Anthony was and I don't think I ever heard a bad word said about him which is remarkable in a large University.

He did some incredible things with the University Gulbenkian Theatre and with Hull Truck Company down at the decrepit Spring Street Theatre.

I just saw 10000 BC. It is unspeakably bad.

wow! I thought and my fiacee both thought it was a really good escapism film,yea a bit far fetched but a good entertaing film,we also saw meet the spartans and ive not laughed as much in ages(if you have not seen 300 then it will go wooooooosh),we also took my boys to see spiderwick chronicles and that was the best kids movie ive seen in many a year.

You must have very low expectation of films. Escapism is one thing, but I have to say I thought it was just shocking. Meet the Spartans is also widely considered the worst film since Epic Movie. :)

I saw There Will Be Blood last night. It's draining but absolutely amazing. Day-Lewis's performance has to be seen to be believed.

Edited by Rovermatt

I saw "Meet The Spartans" yesterday.

The four kids found it funny, the three adults were left for dead.

Attempted Mel Brookes but without the humour & a budget of about $5,000.

You must have very low expectation of films. Escapism is one thing, but I have to say I thought it was just shocking. Meet the Spartans is also widely considered the worst film since Epic Movie. :)

I saw There Will Be Blood last night. It's draining but absolutely amazing. Day-Lewis's performance has to be seen to be believed.

epic movie was quality.

why have I a low expectation ,just because I enjoyed a a film that you didnt like means naff all matt.

The four kids found it funny, the three adults were left for dead.

I imagine this would be the case. I've seen the advert and from the impressions I get of that, I would prefer to die than see the film. There are ways of doing trashy comedy and nothing about the trailor convinced me they knew how to do it.

If you think Meet the Spartans was bad wait until you try Walk Hard:The Dewey Cox Story.

I normally make myself sit through movies even if I don't like them just so I can give an honest opinion however I just couldn't do it. The worst movie I have seen since Cannibal the 'doco' about Armin Meiwes.

On a brighter note I also saw Tau ming chong (The Warlords) with Jet Li. Brilliant, imagine Braveheart except with no humour and based in Qing Dynasty China. I will say again, Brilliant.

the dewey cox movie made me split my sides laughing

oh..... :unsure:

Maybe my expectations were too high, Anchorman was one of the funniest movies I have seen, Talledega Nights made me chuckle but I just couldn't get into this.

It wasn't slapstick, gross out or clever, it maybe could be classed as parody but I found Walk The Line to be boring and sleepy so maybe I missed the point.

I am normally quite in for low brow, can you give me some things you found side splittingly funny Abs?

i just love comedy's that rip another film...i was weened on mr cash as a kid and loved walk the line...i found the sink scenes funny and the jews (will i be banned for saying this) really funny and the songs had me crying with laughter.meet the spartans i found so funny as i loved the 300 film.Maybe im warped maybe not.....as for tal nights only making you chuckle ,i watched in a flight and i was in hysterics as was the whole flight.anchor man 10/10 to

i just love comedy's that rip another film...i was weened on mr cash as a kid and loved walk the line

Fair enough then, I didn't like Walk the Line so I guess I missed the point.

Get ready for Not Another Super-Hero movie then, I think you will need some sewing done.