BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I've heard its good, but they've done a couple of extended episodes like this, and they arent as great because they can get the jokes in thick and fast in the 20minute episodes.

I did enjoy the Family Guy Star Wars episode, but yes it did seem rushed and glossed over most of it. But then it is a 40 min spoof of a 2 hour film. I have heard that they might be up for doing other Star Wars spoof episodes too.

anyone seen rise of the foot soldier?

Its worth a watch Presty. It gets interesting when it gets past Carlton Leach's early hooligan days and gets into the Essex Boys scene. I'd recommend reading Bernard O'Mahoneys Essex Boys book as its the same story.

I did enjoy the Family Guy Star Wars episode, but yes it did seem rushed and glossed over most of it. But then it is a 40 min spoof of a 2 hour film. I have heard that they might be up for doing other Star Wars spoof episodes too.

Yeah and this is why I feel ripped off. My mate actually bought the £20 version which dosent offer much more that the £12 one.

Not a new film and I'm sure its discussed before but I just watched Deja Vu which is premiering on Sky for the next 7 days. I can imagine alot of people just saying "I don't get it" or "impossible" after watching it. I know it got mixed reviews on release but I liked it. If you actually think about it and work it out at the end it becomes far more intriguing than at first glance.

Anyone recommend any other films that make you think a bit like this. I like stuff like Donnie Darko, Butterfly Effect, Jacobs ladder. The only thing I've seen that was too wierd was Pi Faith in Chaos.

Not a new film and I'm sure its discussed before but I just watched Deja Vu which is premiering on Sky for the next 7 days. I can imagine alot of people just saying "I don't get it" or "impossible" after watching it. I know it got mixed reviews on release but I liked it. If you actually think about it and work it out at the end it becomes far more intriguing than at first glance.

Anyone recommend any other films that make you think a bit like this. I like stuff like Donnie Darko, Butterfly Effect, Jacobs ladder. The only thing I've seen that was too wird was Pi Faith in Chaos.

watched deja vu few weeks back. i understood it although it was still a bit wierd. :blink:

but yeah i liked it aswell was allright.

Just heard the Song for the Next Bond Film will be sang by Amy Winhouse.

On another note watched the Rob Zombie film Devils Rejects after hearing loads of good things about it....................All i can say is ohhh dear.....What kind of world is this comming to when we watch what can only be described as the mostSadistic/Evil People enjoying Killing/Rape with no sense of guilt or thought for fellow humans.Then are expected to feel sorry for them at the end.

Me & my 12 year old daughter went to see "Juno" today.

I don't think I've been so moved by a film for ages.

Basic story is a 16 year old gets pregnant and works out what to do next....

You can probably find the story on t'net, but if you're intending to see it I suggest you don't cheat.

It's lovely, witty, moving, funny, and has a happy ending. And the soundtrack is fabulous.

Plus - if you want to introduce a 12 year-old in a bit of sex education, pregnancy, & giving birth* what better way.

*OK, obviously not an abortion. Sorry.

You can probably find the story on t'net, but if you're intending to see it I suggest you don't cheat.

It's lovely, witty, moving, funny, and has a happy ending. And the soundtrack is fabulous.

Plus - if you want to introduce a 12 year-old in a bit of sex education, pregnancy, & giving birth* what better way.

To be honest Col when I was 12 I knew all about the birds and the bees thanks to the information super-highway known as 'the playground'. My parents just assumed I knew and never actually sat me down to explain. :lol:

In any case it saves you having to have an awkward discussion with your kids. ;)

Edited by Rovermatt

I guess one man's honey on bread is another mans piece of ######.

I found it unplausible, abnoxious, annoying and downright stupid.

It was painting by numbers on what is deemed to be the successful 'indy pop culture reference' flick.

Juno was an annoying git with her 'that's like soooo deep' humourous quips where she makes GenY look even more pathetic, name dorpping of bands to seem cool and the oh oh oh look! SHE HAS A HAMBURGER FOR A PHONE! HOW RETRO!

Basically a 16 year old gets pregnant and works out what to do next.....

Let's give the baby to a family I found in the Town Shopper!

Happy you liked it but what it needed was a tragic ending for all involved.

I guess one man's honey on bread is another mans piece of ######.

I found it unplausible, abnoxious, annoying and downright stupid.

It was painting by numbers on what is deemed to be the successful 'indy pop culture reference' flick.

Juno was an annoying git with her 'that's like soooo deep' humourous quips where she makes GenY look even more pathetic, name dorpping of bands to seem cool and the oh oh oh look! SHE HAS A HAMBURGER FOR A PHONE! HOW RETRO!

Basically a 16 year old gets pregnant and works out what to do next.....

Let's give the baby to a family I found in the Town Shopper!

Happy you liked it but what it needed was a tragic ending for all involved.

I agree on this one....Thought it was trying to hard to be clever.

I hated the way all characters seemed to always have a sharp witty response to every bit of dialouge.

And how a 16 year old gets Pregnant and no one really has a go at her she just gets an odd look here and there.

As you said Neekoy.It was all to happy there was no sense of sorrow..It was all sunshine and birds singing.

Edited by Nelsta

I heard something today that has really annoyed me.

Apparently the forth-comming Live Action Star Wars tv show is to be aired in the states.

Yet there realising it over here in film format stragiht to DVD.So our American Cousins get it for free whilst we if we want to watch it have to pay.

Neekoy, Nelsta,

I have no problem with you not liking "Juno" but I think you may be possibly mising the point of the film.

I think it was to point out that becoming pregnant aged 16 need not be the end of the world. It can have a happy ending for all concerned. Which the film did. (Damn, given away more of the plot!) To expect an unhappy & miserable ending would defeat the whole point of it all.

I'll agree with you that Juno did have a rather snappy & clever way of expressing herself, which the character didn't necessarilly need to do, but if she wasn't that perky then the fim would have been rather contradictory in that Juno would have been a bit thick, but the plot would have depended on her being pretty sharp.

Anyway, each to his & her own. If you didn't like it that's what you didn't like.

I've ordered the soundtrack, 'cos I thought it was great.