BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Went to see "PS I Love You" at the weekend.

No doubt it won't rate in the usual "lots of shagging & violence" that just maybe tweaks your nipples, but it was a really cracking film. A really boring first 15 minutes but after that the plot just grows and grows and really takes you into the story, which has a good twist all the way through.

Not that I'd be so crass to recommend it to take your girlfriend on a first date, just because she'll end up sobbing her little heart out and you can show your sensitive side.

I thought Juno was pretty good, nice little film. Really dsliked 300 and Zodiac though, so probably just very different tastes.

Wasn't a huge fan for 300, but not ONE nomination, not even for the computer generated stuff, which even if you didn't like the movie was pretty top notch.

I don't Zodiac should be nominated for best movie however some of the acting was certainly worthy.

Films which i have seen recently have been quite good. I too saw ' P.S I love you' Thought it was great actually, didnt think it was my kind of film but its got a good story and Gerrard Butler is as good as ever, just shows you the wide spectrum his acting covers.

American Gangster was excellent, a drawn out film but it doesnt at all feel like it as its riveting. I cant believe no Oscar nominations for this also.

Saw 'No Country for old men' also, this is really good and has a great deal of suspense in it, and quite shocking at times. Josh Brolin and Javier Bardem are Phenomenal talents. This is one i have to read the book of now that i've seen the film.

Going to see Cloverfield on Friday but im not sure its really one i want to be watching at the cinema ( due to it being a camcorder film ala The Blair Witch) but i cant find anyone with a dvd of it.

Edited by starscascade

I saw Cloverfield tonight. To say that it is one of the best movies of the year is an understatement. I saw the trailer for this movie about six months ago, long before people new about it and long before it even had a name and was excited about it then. It lived up to my expectations and more. I will write more about it later, but for now, I will just say that it is truly brilliant.

Edited by RoyRover

One of teh best movies of teh year?

We've only just got to February ...

Just watched teh Third Man on DVD, a proper bloody film, great visuals and plot no CGI rubbish.

I'm not one to stroll into the realms of fantasy*, so a washed-up pulp writer out of his league in post-war Vienna suited me nicely.

Apart from bond movies, but that's different!

I know that it is only February, but it is that good that it will be one of the movies of the year IMO. The likes of Batman, Indiana Jones, James Bond and Valkari are still to come, but I think that it will be able to stand up to any of those and any other hits that come out.

Watched Cloverfield last night...what can i say.....superb.The film makers have been very clever by not trying/having to explain who,what,why the monster is.The end was a bit cheesy but every thing else was just superb.

Also there was a trailer for

wich looks good. Edited by Nelsta

Just finished watching Cloverfield and by no means is it film of the year. For a film shot from someones camcorder, it's about 1000 times better than Blair Witch but then again so is Bean and Speed 2.

Anyway, I'm bordering straight down the middle, didn't hate it but didn't love it. It's very short (the length of a DV cam tape ie 1hr 15mins) and the story goes absolutely nowhere. Run around, run around some more, run around some more. The ending was predictable, mainly because of the opening titles. And isn't it amazing that in a place the size of Manhattan, the monster always turns up in the same place as the main characters. That all sounds very negative but on the plus side it was very well set out and well realised. Quite suspensful just I shame I didn't care about the characters one bit.

Just finished watching Cloverfield and by no means is it film of the year. For a film shot from someones camcorder, it's about 1000 times better than Blair Witch but then again so is Bean and Speed 2.

Anyway, I'm bordering straight down the middle, didn't hate it but didn't love it. It's very short (the length of a DV cam tape ie 1hr 15mins) and the story goes absolutely nowhere. Run around, run around some more, run around some more. The ending was predictable, mainly because of the opening titles. And isn't it amazing that in a place the size of Manhattan, the monster always turns up in the same place as the main characters. That all sounds very negative but on the plus side it was very well set out and well realised. Quite suspensful just I shame I didn't care about the characters one bit.

Agree. Thought it was alright, although could be because I had a dodgy copy ;) Skipped through the crap at the beginning at the party though. Also thought it was quite similar to Blair Witch at the end. Heard there may be plans for a sequel, no idea if it would be in the same style but with a different perspective (military?) or more of a 'proper' movie instead. Will have to wait and see.

At the very end of the credits there's a scrambled message you can hear that says "it's still alive"

So it would appear a sequel would be on it's way.I hope not though.I think im the only persn in the world that loved The Blair Witch Project and the Sequel was just terrible.I think a second Cloverfield will ruin it.

At the very end of the credits there's a scrambled message you can hear that says "it's still alive"

Err, no. There are claims on the web that the end message of 'help us' when reversed is 'it's still alive'.

All adds to the web hype that built the audience for this flick. The film is pretty good, preferred Sweeney Todd myself. Rambo should be a laugh a week on Friday.

I'm a X-Files fanatic. We've got the first four seasons and I've nearly watched the whole of the fourth one. It's great being able to see episodes that I missed when I was growing up. One of the scariest episodes ever is in season four, it's called 'Home' and it's about the family of inbreds (more like a documentary about Burnley really) called the Peacocks. It still scares the sh*t out of me. Anyway, it will be good to see a new X-Files movie, David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson have obviously put aside their differences to make it . Apparently this one has moved away from the whole alien conspiracy and is more like a monster horror movie, which should be awesome. Fight The Future was a great movie and I have every confidence that this can be too.

Talking of Duchovny, I saw his new move Life After The Fire today. It's a really good movie. It's a bit like 21 Grams and Crash in it's look and feel, but not with the same crossover story lines. Benicio Del Toro portrayal as a junkie who cleans himself up is very convincing, as is the uneasy relationship between him and Halle Berry. I would highly recommend this one.

So it would appear a sequel would be on it's way.I hope not though.I think im the only persn in the world that loved The Blair Witch Project and the Sequel was just terrible.I think a second Cloverfield will ruin it.

I like at the end when they relive the past at Coney Island, you see something splash into the river. I thought it was quite well done. Although the character with the camera was annoying as hell. I would of killed him before the monstor!

For those Family Guy fans I bought and watched Blue Harvest

Its a star wars spoof but I feel really let down from them. Yes there were a couple of laugh out loud moments but the whole thing felt rushed (I think the actual feature lasted only 40 mins) Then as an extra they stick on an episode which everyone who has the boxed series sets has anyway.

It was the Fans that got these guys back on the air and now they decide to screw us over - its just not right.