BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I saw the new Indie movie the night it was released and like everyone else I was really looking forward to it. However, I felt that it was a poor addition to the trilogy. It's hard to put into words why, but it just didn't have the same feeling as the others. I think that the Indie movies were very much of their time and it is very hard to recreate this style in the modern day. I thought that the movie moved at a pedestrian pace for large parts of it, I thought that the whole father/son relationship was totally over played and had some awful lines, while the scene with quicksand was a total waste of time. The action scenes in the jungle went on too long and when Shia LaBeouf swung through the jungle on tree vines, I had to laugh. The other three movies were pretty unbelievable in terms of their premise and what he is looking for, but I felt that the whole alien thing was ridiculous in comparison to the other movies. Indie didn't really do anything in the final scene, you want to see him doing some jumping around and avoiding traps, but there was none of that. There were some good parts to the movie, but I really think that is nowhere near the other movies.

I saw Mongel last week, the story about Genghis Khan. It is good, visually stunning and a wonderful soundtrack. However there isn't much flow to the movie, as it justs movies from one epic scene to another. This is what really lets the movie down, but it is still worth a look. I watched Pan's Labyrinth a few nights ago. It is easily one the of the best movies I've seen for a long time. The two different strands of the movie don't collide at all, but give another side to the movie that you immerse yourself in. This is a great show.

The Dark Knight, Hancock and X-Files 2 are a few of the movies that I'm really looking forward to this summer.

I watched Pan's Labyrinth a few nights ago. It is easily one the of the best movies I've seen for a long time. The two different strands of the movie don't collide at all, but give another side to the movie that you immerse yourself in. This is a great show.

Totally agree with you on that, Pan's Labyrinth is just stunning.Both visually and in it's story telling.

And the Pink man and the Faun are just plaine creepy.

How a cheap imitation to an action film in Hellboy and an artistic masterpiece in Pan's Labyrinth ever crossed paths and then merged is boyond me. A monstrosity to movies.

Well considering Guillermo Del Toro directed both I don't think it is too much of a stretch

But this isn't Hellboy, this is Hellboy II

Visually much more impressive

Everything looked great until Hellboy had lines. Terrible script/acting. You're right though, it does look visually better. I didn't look like anything wasn't real, which, at least for me, shows how good the effects are.

Anyone looking forward to the new x files movie

Loved the last one despite not being a huge fan of the TV show, hoping this one can measure up.

Really looking forward to The Dark Knight after seeing the trailer this weekend.