BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I watched `The Pursuit of Happiness` starring Will Smith last night.What a really good film! Great acting off Will and whilst normally I don`t get emotional with regards to films,in this instance i couldn`t help myself.Partly because there were some parallels to my own personal life,but mainly because you really get a sense of the desperation of Smiths character in his struggle to give his son a decent standard of living.

If you haven`t seen this film yet I thoroughly reccommend it.

So the Spirit is as overhyped as the frankly rubbish Sin City?

Sin City is good. This wasn't.

I watched `The Pursuit of Happiness` starring Will Smith last night.What a really good film! Great acting off Will and whilst normally I don`t get emotional with regards to films,in this instance i couldn`t help myself.Partly because there were some parallels to my own personal life,but mainly because you really get a sense of the desperation of Smiths character in his struggle to give his son a decent standard of living.

Make that any standard of living. Great movie.

I thought Sin City took itself too seriously, and everyone in it was trying too hard to be cool. The whole black and white cartoon thing was brilliant though. I'd put it in the same group as both Kill Bill films and the Matrix sequels-great to look at, but too much navel gazing and unecessary claptrap. I like my violent action films to be like Die Hard or Battle Royale-more fights, less postuering and philosophy.

I've just used a christmas amazon voucher to buy The Dark Knight and The Lives of Others.

Edited by Billy Castell

Pride and Glory - I'd rate it a B, well acted and well made, but nothing that sets it apart from others of its like.

The Wrestler - I'd rate it an A. You aren't watching Mickey Rourke act, you are watching Randy "Ram" Robinson, washed up wrestler. Added bonus is Marisa Tomei topless. It was actually a tough movie to watch because of the way it was acted and directed - almost like it was a documentary and all that was happening was happening in real life with no movie effects. If Rourke doesn't win the Oscar for this, it will be a travesty - one of the top, if not the top, performances I've ever seen.

Pride and Glory - just wasnt anything to write home about to be honest, there have been better movies like the one with Stallone?? I think? And what was that one that came out last few years? Based in boston, was it the departed?

Downloaded the wrestler, havent watched it yet. Marisa Tomei is a major factor in me watching and the fact she appears topless is even more appealing.

Watched seven pounds too, very good movie, was impressed. But it was drawn out way too long!

Saw that movie with Seann William Scott (Balls Out), we watched in work and nearly ###### ourselves laughing at parts of it.

My 13 year old daughter took me to see "Twighlight" at the weekend.

Probably a good film to go and see with a teenage girl (who is a close relative I hasten to add. Oh! unless you are a teenage male. Or a teenage female...............at which point he knew he had lost the plot and stopped)

I liked it. Action, love story, modern vegetarian vampires, a town called "Forks."

What more could you ask for?

Started watching some of the DVDs purchased from Amazon after Christmas last night.

I watched "He loves me, He loves me not", a french film with Audrey Tautou.

It was very good, and I would advise you watching this. The storyline is quite a basic love affair story, at leastt hat is what you are made to think, but with a brilliant twist in teh middle it turns it in to an extremely entertaining film.

Still got to watch the following which I purchased:

Control

There Will be Blood

The Orphanage

The Lives of Others

No Country for Old Men

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

Iron Man

and 24 Hr Party People which I have seen many years ago but it was a snip.

My 13 year old daughter took me to see "Twighlight" at the weekend.

Probably a good film to go and see with a teenage girl (who is a close relative I hasten to add. Oh! unless you are a teenage male. Or a teenage female...............at which point he knew he had lost the plot and stopped)

I liked it. Action, love story, modern vegetarian vampires, a town called "Forks."

What more could you ask for?

Well, my sisters liked it - although, in a semi-condescending way, it would seem, because they said it was "funny when it wasn't mean to be" but "still entertaining".

Not really sure what that means, still...

I went to see Che the other night. It was really good. The mix of colour with black and white works really well. I did fall asleep for about 10 minutes of it, but that had to with me being tired from a long day at work, rather than the movie! I would highly recommend this movie. I will probably go and see Slum Dog Millionaire and Defiance this weekend.

Wolf Creek on TV nonight..Heard good reports

I watched most of that last night. It was totally ph**ked up! Easily one of the most disturbing movies I've ever seen. I think it's based on a true story, which made it all the more terrifying. I've always wanted to go to the outback in Australia, but I'm having second thoughts after seeing this!

I went to see Che the other night. It was really good. The mix of colour with black and white works really well. I did fall asleep for about 10 minutes of it, but that had to with me being tired from a long day at work, rather than the movie! I would highly recommend this movie. I will probably go and see Slum Dog Millionaire and Defiance this weekend.

Saw this at the weekend and throught it was very good. An honest depiction of the revolution which showed the good aspects but also the bad. It was inetersting to see how so many people joined the cause when they only entered the country with 82 revolutionaries.

Del Toro was born to play Che and does a great job. Glad its subtitled aswell.

Defo go and see even if your politics don't support the cuase it depicts.

Really? Did you not like it?

It was alright, but didn't tell the story particularly well. Didn't really make the pulse race or tug at the heartstrings nearly enough for a film with this particular subject matter. Jamie Bell put in a great performance though, he's always come across as a really down to earth chap too, would be good to see him go far.

Went to see Slumdog Millionaire last night. This is Danny Boyle's film of the book Q&A by Vikas Swarup which tells the story of Ram (the book) or Jamal (film) a poor young boy who is arrested after winning 10m Rupees on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" - the top prize is 20m. The film tells the story of his life, how he comes to know the answers which allow him to win a fortune and shows us a little of how it must be to grow up and live in poverty in India. I'm not pretending this is the central theme but there are some small insights into modern India. Interwoven with the plot is the love story of Jamal and Latika.

All four of us thought this was a really good film; not especally true to the book (not that this is important), very noisy, very entertaining, well acted, well paced and keeps one interested throughout.

Two of our party have read the book, I read half way and gave up, and I'm glad I didn't know the outcome as it made the film more entertaining.

It was alright, but didn't tell the story particularly well. Didn't really make the pulse race or tug at the heartstrings nearly enough for a film with this particular subject matter. Jamie Bell put in a great performance though, he's always come across as a really down to earth chap too, would be good to see him go far.

I went to see Defiance on Friday night and would agree with this description of the movie. It's a good show, but you don't come away feeling awed by this miraculous story, like you do when you see Schindler's List or The Pianist. Empire gave it 3 out of 5 and I would say that's about right.

I also saw Slumdog Millionaire today and it really is one of the best movies of the year. It's a fantastic story, brilliant cinematography and really great acting that draws you in and has you feeling for the characters. It really is one of the best feel good movies you will see!

I also saw Slumdog Millionaire today and it really is one of the best movies of the year. It's a fantastic story, brilliant cinematography and really great acting that draws you in and has you feeling for the characters. It really is one of the best feel good movies you will see!

Yeah its brilliant, really well written, photography is very good, storyline, great happy end to the movie

I have said it all over the place tonight! I love Freida Pinto :D