BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I've just seen "The King's Speech" and have to agree with Paul, Colin and others what a good film it is; well above my expectations.

However, my reason for posting is that the actor, David Bamber, who has a cameo role as the theatre director (when Logue goes for an audition) is the spitting image of Bill Eckersley.

I've seen him before and thought the same. He has the same shaped head, eyes, ears.

It would be interesting to know if others, who've seen them both, agree with me.

Just seen Sherlock Holmes - absolutely awful.

Guy Ritchie has made about 2 or 3 decent films, the rest is just dreck. Please make him stop.

Just watched it too. Bobbins. The BBC series was far superior.

Saw Daybreakers last weekend, was so-so. Notice The Crazies is on Sky Premier tonight so might give that a whirl. Thanks to Sky Atlantic my Sky+ box is filling up veeeery quickly.

Guy Ritchie has made about 2 or 3 decent films, the rest is just dreck. Please make him stop.

I think even 2 or 3 is pushing it! Lock Stock is just about tolerable as a background drinking-with-your-mates film, that's about it.

If you fancy having a good laugh at him, listen to his bemusing ramblings on the "director's commentary" section of the Revolver DVD. He is a very confused man. I haven't seen the film but I've heard snippets of his insanity from that commentary, it's entertaining.

• Backroom

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd ask here, what does your BluRay collection mostly consist of?

Up until recently I hadn't bothered buying them much but now have every Disney and Pixar animated film released, the quality is second to none. Otherwise I just have a few of my favourite films of different genres.

Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd ask here, what does your BluRay collection mostly consist of?

Up until recently I hadn't bothered buying them much but now have every Disney and Pixar animated film released, the quality is second to none. Otherwise I just have a few of my favourite films of different genres.

I've got loads. Every film I like, I buy. I tend to wait until they are down under £10 before getting though. Also, I've stopped double dipping (ie buying on bluray if I have the DVD) unless the price is just too good (under £5) or a LOVE the film. For example I have the Shawshank Redemption on every format going, but I'll wait until the Star Wars box set hits the bargain bin before getting that.

and I've still got a load of HD-DVD's that I have to crank out the xbox 360 add on drive for.

Just got the Battlestar Galactica Bluray complete series Limited Edition box set (the metal tin with Mr. Cylon on the cover) for 90 dollars at a pawn store.

Confused how the British limited edition made its way here, but delighted all the same.

The joys of traveling.

Edited by rebelmswar

• Backroom

Should be getting Despicable Me BluRay in the post tomorrow, top film.

Just watched Devil tonight, actually quite enjoyed it, it's in no way a masterpiece but ok as a popcorn flick.

I was trying to be charitable!

I liked Lock Stock, then he did Snatch, which was basically just a remake of the first one, but wasn't awful. Then er ...

Rocknrolla is good fun (but again the same kind of thing) IMO. Would have been a sequel only too many of the cast became big stars.

I didn't even know he directed Sherlock Holmes. Saw that on a plane, thought it was mildly entertaining.

Due date, now that is terrible. 1 funny scene in the whole movie

• Backroom

Is that the horror type movie?

Yeah kind of horror / thriller M Night Shalyman (or however you spell it) film.

Basically 5 people stuck in a lift and things start going wrong.