BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] KEAN OUT!

I can't believe that someone said that this will look stupid if we are beating Everton. The last game mentality on this board is unbelieveable. We have players that are capable of winning an odd game on their own, this protest is about the fact that Kean should have never been given the position in the first place and has done nothing to keep his place either. It is a complete joke that he is manager and has done little more than a guy off the street in India could have achieved. Even on Football Manager this fraudster would have been fired a long time.

Hughesy, you are a poster I like but the fact that you've had a pleasant chat with Kean is totally clouding your judgement on this. We are far, far worse than we were under Ince. He is only in the job because he is the third Rao brother and presumably Mrs Desai has a thing for him... Just look at us in the press, we are a complete laughing stock. I've never known it like this before. You can ask anyone 'in the know' on this messageboard, in football we are considered a joke. It's depressing to see and it is far worse than getting battered by the big four was under Sam.

We have the basis of a good side, there is no doubt. Regardless of the relegation fodder nonsense that gets spoken about on here, with a good manager, we could really be a decent side (with a little more investment of course).

The problem we have though is Kean is a rabbit in the headlights. He cannot believe how lucky he is and therefore will jump to whatever command is given to him, a good manager is not likely to do this...not jumping to every command is one of the qualities needed in strong management...

Great summary.

Can we pin this post somewhere on the forum please??

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the signings would still come in!

do you really think kean is in control of signings at the moment?

we need someone to come in whos got the balls to stand up to venkys and who not just a yes man!

Total support for this.

KEAN OUT

Would it not be easier to initially push kean down the ladder for a new manager. then it may be easier to still bring players quickly? Then a new manager could bring his own staff.

I see the logic. BUT the players would see him as a bigger joke than he is now. They would know why he has been dropped down. They would have even less respect for him than now.

Why keep him on the pay role and pay for his taxi's.

Get the fraudster out.

Dear Sky Sports News,

I am writing to you as a bewildered Blackburn Rovers supporter who, like so many others, wants Steve Kean to be sacked.

Since replacing Sam Allardyce last December, Kean's record has been abysmal. Last season he presided over the club's worst run in 25 years and we stayed up only by the skin of our teeth.

Our club has become a laughing stock in the media, and our manager is trying to hide behind ridiculous statistics such as "We had the ball in Aston Villa's box 36 times" after the 3-1 defeat on Saturday.

The prevailing mood among supporters is one of anger and disillusionment. Take a look at the www.brfcs.com messageboard to get a sense of this.

Steve Kean was not the fans choice and he is not fit to be our manager. Venky's need to remove him from his post with immediate effect.

Just fired this off to Sky Sports News, and I suggest that anyone of similar mind might do the same. It's OUR club and we seem to be the only ones who care about it at present.

We don't have to be passive observers of the demolition of Blackburn Rovers.

MAKE YOUR VOICES HEARD.

Think whatever happens , in the future potential Managers should take personality tests before being appointed

Below are symptoms of Grandiosity which is strongly linked to narcissistic personality disorder, Does this sound like anybody currently "managing" a Premier League Club ? a quote from the person today is "I can take any pressure because at the end of the day when you are doing the right things with the players, when the players are together, when the spirits are good, you know you will be okay."

The person exaggerates talents, capacity and achievements in an unrealistic way.

The person believes in his/her invulnerability or does not recognise his/her limitations.

The person has grandiose fantasies.

The person believes that he/she does not need other people.

The person regards himself/herself as unique or special when compared to other people.

The person regards himself/herself as generally superior to other people.

The person behaves self-centeredly and/or self-referentially.

The person behaves in a boastful or pretentious way.

what if we are 2-0 up at half time against Everton, then the banners would look stupid, it would only work hif we are losing heavily.

If we are 2-0 up an still protest it will look even better. The fact we are winning and still want him out should get people to take notice.

Remember the stewards may take your banners away - but they cannot take your voice.

Get 7 people to wear a t-shirt spelling KEAN OUT

make sure they stand in the right order though or they could look A KUNT EO

Yep. Action must be taken now, I know it sounds premature as we are only 2 games into the season, but I feel it is almost at the point where it is close to being too late already! Maybe Venkys actually believe this happens with most teams and this reaction is normal - it isn't. This is worse than the Ince days. The whole Kean situation stinks. It stunk when he came in the way he did. It stunk when he took us from top 10 to last day survivors. It stinks when he, week in and week out proves how tactically inept he is. It stinks that he cannot act in a professional manner, as manager of a young group of lads, by getting the DUI. The whole thing absolutely stinks.

I have such a genuine fear for the club. I personally am teetering between scathing anger and almost giving up. Of course I will always support Blackburn Rovers no matter what, but it has gotten to the point where I am really not looking forward to our matches. The hope dwindles as each day passes. From the top down to Kean, we are completely inept, lacking in experience and so incredibly naive. Our club has become a joke and it is down to us to do something, anything, to change this.

Put it this way, if we wait and see, it will be too late. He must go.

If only Venkys would listen to us, even make regular contact with a spokesperson for the fans. The fact that they don't makes it seem like they don't care about the fans, and the club is nothing without the fans.

We cannot afford to go down, this was true under the trust, it was something we all feared. But now, well, it would takes years and years and years to recover.

Time to be pro-active and at least have a go at changing things. Look at Libya aye? If they can do what they've done, then surely we can bring some pride back to one of the most successful clubs in England. (Yes, a bit of a feeble comparison but...)Action must be taken!!! :brfc:

Dear Mr Rao,

I know that by now you will be growing tired of receiving E-mails regarding the employment of Mr Kean and in particular, the role to which he is currently employed.

For that reason, I would like to start of by reassuring you that there are very few Blackburn Rovers fans who are against Venkys. The majority of fans are just deeply concerned and I believe with just cause. However, we want Venkys to be a success. If your company fails, then we fail as a result. The reason for the large volume of E-mail you have been receiving and the potential future protests is because we want to assist you in making the right decisions.

I have been watching Blackburn Rovers since my fifth birthday. I have seen many managers, players and other staff members leave the club for a whole host of reasons. However, never in twenty-two years have I known such hatred towards a manager. Anyone with any knowledge of football knows that hiring Kean as manager was a decision based somewhere inbetween madness and pure comedy (for the rest of football). The Premier League is a tough place to manage. Many accomplished lower league managers have tried and failed (Our former manager Paul Ince is on that list). You may disagree, but on your next trip back to India, would you let a child fly the plane?

Blackburn Rovers have a very proud history. We are a club that has a story which no other club in the world can possibly hope to match or repeat. If Mr Kean stays as manager then the following points will become a reality:

1. The club will see a rapid decline in revenue through ticket sales, merchandise and related products.

2. The 'Venkys' brand will be dragged through the mud by the English press and the company will become synonymous with failure.

3. Relegation of the club, resulting in your investment being worth far less than you paid for it.

Personally, I see no reason for Venkys buying the club in the first place. I believe that from a business perspective it made no sense and considering that Mrs Desai admitted that the family have no real interest in football in makes no sense from a personal perspective either. It seems to me that the company were practically tricked into the purchase by a very clever agent. However, that being said there are now two options for Venkys:

1. Maintain Kean as manager and invest no further funds:

There is no doubt that this option will result in relegation of the club from the Premier League. I hardly need to explain to an individual like yourself Mr Rao, that when a business relies on one particular revenue source for over 90% of its incoming, it is somewhat of a problem when it is taken away. You are then left with a worthless asset which will require substantial investment just to be kept alive. Walking away at this stage would be a PR disaster for your company.

2. Employ a manager with proven Premier League / Top Level Management experience and invest further funds:

People in football will tell you that Blackburn Rovers have the basis of a good team. With a little, regular investment, we could start to push for Europe in a few years providing that we had a manager that knows how to go about achieving it. Regular success of the team on the field will result in your investment going up. In this model, you can still sell the club, walk away with very little loss and enjoy the mass exposure that the whole experience has brought to Venkys.

I think that it is very likely that Mr Kean has given Venkys a whole host of reasons as to why we are not performing on the field. I imagine they are similar excuses to the ones he feeds the press every Saturday. The same excuses that make him the weekly joke on every football messageboard on Sunday. I have never known a manager like Mr Kean not to have resigned by this point. It is this self delusion that without action from Venkys is going to cause the destruction of this club.

As I said at the start of this E-mail, we want you to be a success here. Even if you are looking to make a profit on the organisation in a few years, there is a correct way of going about it and the points above should provide you with a starting point.

I urge you to make the correct decision, you would win a lot of fans in the process.

Yours sincerely,

Steven Bradley

I think that if even 8 or 9 people had Kean Out T-shirts on it could get on TV and really highlight he is not liked.

Althougyh knowing this board, if we win against Everton a lot of the pro Kean poster will suddenly appear.

And heres my email!!

Dear Sir,

I write on behalf of thousands of Rovers fans who are finding it difficult to understand as to why Steve Kean is still the manager of Blackburn Rovers Football Club. His record now reads 27 games played and only 2 won, the worst record in the clubs history.

Despite poor performances, Steve Kean is now making the club a laughing stock and almost every newspaper in the country today have commented, many calling him deluded at best.

The vast majortiy of supporters at Blackburn Rovers have no confidence in him, dont like the man as a person and as shown by performances on the pitch, the players are not playing for him, that is evident to all Rovers fans and the media who now have us as favouirites to be relegated.

With the greatest respect to you and the owners of the club, please remove this man as manager, he is neither good enough nor a fit and proper person to represent Blackburn Rovers or Venkys.

Yours Sincerely,

Dear Mr.Rao

Sorry to add to the number of emails that you must be receiving, but the feeling amongst fans of the club that we truly love and live for has reached rock bottom.  

It is safe to say that unfortunately, since your company have taken over Blackburn Rovers FC, the club has been on a dramatic downhill slide.  

I can understand that your company would like to make changes, and us fans truly support Venkys in what they do.  Your success is our success.  However, it has not worked out.  I could highlight many mistakes, but the glaring mistake that must lead to direct and immediate action is the decision to move Steve Kean in as manager.  2 wins in his last 17 games is all I should need to say to anybody with any football knowledge, and they would dismiss him.  You must do so.  Our club is not in the bottom 3 in terms of quality on the pitch, but that is exactly where we will end up if we keep Mr.Kean in charge.  Mr.Kean has proven to be totally inept at managing a top flight club and his tactical decisions have been nothing short of laughable.  The rest of the footballing world are laughing at us, laughing at Blackburn Rovers and laughing at Venkys.  This does not bode well.

If action is not taken, then we will be relegated, and without substantial investment, we will not be back in the worlds best league for quite some time and your investment will have been hugely unsuccessful.

Please take note, the fans of this club have never felt so helpless.  

I and the rest of the fans will always support Blackburn Rovers, but please give us something to look forward to this season.

To make it clear. Replace Steve Kean with a proven manager - for the fans, for the club and for Venkys.

Yours Sincerely, Stephen Derbyshire

I have always backed Kean but if we don't get a result against Everton I am very much on the bandwagon to get Kean out, however if the result is a draw and a good performance I might be able to accept that. Too fed up of this good performance yet we lose buisness. That's the kind of result that gets you relegated, ask Blackpool.

Archived