BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Wolves' homes were away and vice versa they'd be some OK fixtures, presuming the bottom teams will be getting little from the top teams anyway.

Looking at those, on paper (so useless) I'd say Rovers and Bolton to go down. But I'm determined for Bolton to go down, both because they are rivals and I don't want to be the first down of the two who got promoted with us.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

At least braddock's trollin'. What's your excuse?

Let me try and make it simpler for you: If we stay up, which I think we will, the fans who said we would be certain to go down if Kean wasn't sacked will have been wrong, two seasons in a row, and Venky's will consider themselves to have been proven right.

Nearly relegated is like nearly pregnant - it doesn't count.

Let me try and make it simpler for you: If we stay up, which I think we will, the fans who said we would be certain to go down if Kean wasn't sacked will have been wrong, two seasons in a row, and Venky's will consider themselves to have been proven right.

:lol: :lol:

If we stay up I'll happily hold my hands up and say he's a better manager than I thought he was. Still not good enough for Rovers in the long run, but better than I thought.

I can't agree with your last point though. They talked of European football when they arrived (as did Kean) and sacked a manager who had us a solid top ten team. I don't see how scraping to survival for two seasons will justify their actions.

Venky's will be proven right about what exactly...? Dragging the club to the brink of relegation in two seasons running?

• Backroom

As I said in the Steve Kean thread... the only reason we weren't relegated last season was because of points gained before Kean became manager, and if we stay up this year it will only be because there are 3 of the worst teams to grace the premiership collectively in one season below us.

It's hardly something for them or Kean to be proud of.

But in both cases been well and truly (please dont use that word again)

Venky's will be proven right about what exactly...? Dragging the club to the brink of relegation in two seasons running?

That's moving the goalposts. Most said we would go down, not nearly go down.

And anyway, I for one do not think we have a god-given right to be mid-table, we've been in the bottom 3 loads of times in the last 20 years. Even the great Souness ended up taking us to the brink

If we stay up I'll happily hold my hands up and say he's a better manager than I thought he was. Still not good enough for Rovers in the long run, but better than I thought.

I can't agree with your last point though. They talked of European football when they arrived (as did Kean) and sacked a manager who had us a solid top ten team. I don't see how scraping to survival for two seasons will justify their actions.

And for all the EiT, imy, Braddock posts chortling at the bad/wrong/stupid fans, we do actually want to stay up - even with Kean in charge, and the anticipated smugness.

But then, even after surviving, our happiness will be short lived as we will simply have more of the same next season - at best!

Sticking with Venkys and Kean will eventually see us relegated, of that I'm certain. It's not even as though it's just a case of Venkys giving Kean money to spend, to mask his lack of ability, because his track record in bringing in players is gash.

Put simply, something has to change in the Summer - and not just an increase in season ticket prices.

That's moving the goalposts. Most said we would go down, not nearly go down.

Because of the shambles since Venky's took over. Is that an unfair appraisal?

And anyway, I for one do not think we have a god-given right to be mid-table, we've been in the bottom 3 loads of times in the last 20 years. Even the great Souness ended up taking us to the brink

So taking a well run, mid-table side and dragging them into two successive relegation battles is progress then?

EiT is probably right though, it will be a big up yours from the owners to us plebs, another PL windfall assurred, all done on the cheap with their puppett on a string.

Finishing outside the top 10 - with loss in position money won't be made up by savings. Even if we break even - we are more likely to be relegated next season due to cost cutting.

I will give Kean his due - taking to one side his fairly consistent tactical ineptness - he has managed to keep most of the players motivated in two relegation threatened seasons - amongst the turmoil created by our owners, against a back drop of fan unrest and apparent threats from our bankers.

• Backroom

Sticking with Venkys and Kean will eventually see us relegated, of that I'm certain. It's not even as though it's just a case of Venkys giving Kean money to spend, to mask his lack of ability, because his track record in bringing in players is gash.

Absolutely correct. Last season our overall form under Kean alone would have seen us go down. We stayed up because of the points Allardyce won for us before he was sacked.

This season if we stay up it will be due to the points needed to stay up being incredibly low. Last season Blackpool went down with 39 points. If we stay up this season we will be hugely fortunate there are such awful teams below us.

Next season the points needed to survive will likely go back to an average of 35-40 and Kean's current season and a half in charge suggests we won't escape again. Particularly as we will be without Hoilett to bail us out.

But in both cases been well and truly (please dont use that word again)

if we stay up we'll be in a worse state than we are this season unless we get rid of venkys and coco , we'll have no Hoilett , who else will leave ?...Who else will we sell to pay Barclays ??...are we any better than west ham or Southampton ? thats debateable

And for all the EiT, imy, Braddock posts chortling at the bad/wrong/stupid fans, we do actually want to stay up - even with Kean in charge, and the anticipated smugness.

But then, even after surviving, our happiness will be short lived as we will simply have more of the same next season - at best!

Put simply, something has to change in the Summer - and not just an increase in season ticket prices.

Trolling goes both ways I see! No smugness, just like there are no Keanites.

Kean is a bad manager but the reaction to him has been overly-hysterical at times. How many times have people on here said he's lost the dressing room only for the team to fight tooth and nail the next game? It became a truism to many that we would go down if he wasn't sacked, how it would've been better to lose at home to Arsenal etc, all of which I think has contributed to the press taking his side and fortifying the Venky's in their belief they were right all along.

If/when we stop up this year, if you were Venky's would you start listening to the fans who said we'd get relegated both seasons if they didn;t sack him?

So taking a well run, mid-table side and dragging them into two successive relegation battles is progress then?

You're making stuff up now just to argue.

Stuart where have I made ONE comment chortling about stupid fans/bad fans/wrong fans??

Trolling goes both ways I see! No smugness, just like there are no Keanites.

Kean is a bad manager but the reaction to him has been overly-hysterical at times. How many times have people on here said he's lost the dressing room only for the team to fight tooth and nail the next game? It became a truism to many that we would go down if he wasn't sacked, how it would've been better to lose at home to Arsenal etc, all of which I think has contributed to the press taking his side and fortifying the Venky's in their belief they were right all along.

If/when we stop up this year, if you were Venky's would you start listening to the fans who said we'd get relegated both seasons if they didn;t sack him?

But that makes no sense. If you were Venkys would you continue to trust your baby/investment/honour with someone who only stays up only by virtue of good fortune?

Relegation would be devastating, yet you would continue to take the risk?? Why the hell do you think JW opted for Big Sam, before an after the Ince debacle? Because he knew what was best for Rovers when the fans were proving they didn't have a facebooking clue. Without investment, we needed safe hands. Considering Venkys have not improved the financial side of things (to put it mildly), we still need a safe pair of hands. Yet we have the complete opposite.

It might get the old heart racing playing Russian roulette with our club but it certainly isn't something I'd choose to go through. Maybe if you still lived locally you feel differently.

But that makes no sense. If you were Venkys would you continue to trust your baby/investment/honour with someone who only stays up only by virtue of good fortune?

Relegation would be devastating, yet you would continue to take the risk?? Why the hell do you think JW opted for Big Sam, before an after the Ince debacle? Because he knew what was best for Rovers when the fans were proving they didn't have a facebooking clue. Without investment, we needed safe hands. Considering Venkys have not improved the financial side of things (to put it mildly), we still need a safe pair of hands. Yet we have the complete opposite.

It might get the old heart racing playing Russian roulette with our club but it certainly isn't something I'd choose to go through. Maybe if you still lived locally you feel differently.

Ahh, the old "local" card being scraped from the barrel. My dad still goes at the age of 83 and I shall be there for the Norwich game

There's always risk and it's foolish/arrogant to assume otherwise given we have one of the lowest incomes in the league. We were in the bottom 3 under Harford, Hodgson and Souness, costing 2 of them their jobs and the third jumping beofre he was pushed. I'm sorry, but "we shouldn't be here" souinds more like West Ham and Newcastle fans.

The Sam argument is moot in my mind as there is no way he would've stayed working for our idiotic owners so we would've had a new manager this season come what may.

Archived