BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest concern would be if they sold them to one of philipl's preferred buyers after losing their patience with the fans, or indeed if they chose the ridiculous notion of selling to the fans. That would be much worse for the future of the club with regards to finances.

As for Venkys selling, you have no idea that would be worse for the finances of the club. It could be worse, but in all reality it could quite easily be better.

You asked a question I answered it, no need to be a smart arse ;)

Yes, but your reply made no sense. You clearly can do all of those things as we did it last season and are on course to do it this season (though personally I don't feel the heart has been ripped out - my biggest disappointment is a lack of relation to a section of the supporters who I've gone to the game alongside for almost two decades. That is where the big change has happened for me).

To be fair, I'm quite enjoying the virtual joust with bradders, we only get the chance after one of our rare wins, so here's hoping for many more before the end of the season! :tu:

Oh come on now Mattyblue, you know you'd rather be right.

As for Venkys selling, you have no idea that would be worse for the finances of the club. It could be worse, but in all reality it could quite easily be better.

So you'd be willing to let Venky's sell, if you don't trust them to run the club?

Rovers are not a good acquisition for somebody who wants to make money, so it'll be actual asset strippers next I reckon. The likes who'll make the sales Rovers did but without spending well over £10mil on transfers, or have our success as a positive thing for their advertising. That would be worse.

No, I'd rather stay up and me and thee can have a dance to Black Eyed Peas in the Blckburn End.

If you're in the top tier I'll join you.

If we do stay up 'The great escape' should be played before every home game next season and I'll give no credit to Kean whatsoever for keeping us up :angry2:

Not having a go at you personally Gav but is it any wonder the outside footballing world have a dim view of Rovers fans with attitudes like that prevalent?.

If Kean were to take the team down, he'd be blamed and rightly so. If he keeps us up he should take the credit.

It can't or shouldn't work both ways. Although I accept that merely avoiding relegation should not be a cause for getting the open topped bus out by any means.

Correct me if I'm wrong Rev, but is the reluctance to give credit to Kean, not due to the fact that he has had us in two relegation battles in 15 months?

A cause for his sacking anywhere else. However, if he had us back where we were 18 months ago, then yes he would deserve credit.

Correct me if I'm wrong Rev, but is the reluctance to give credit to Kean, not due to the fact that he has had us in two relegation battles in 15 months?

A cause for his sacking anywhere else. However, if he had us back where we were 18 months ago, then yes he would deserve credit.

This kind of logic doesn't work though.

He's either good enough or he's not.

The general view is that he is not good enough, we have a team worth much less than it was when we were in those positions and it's fair to say the fans have not backed the team for 90 minutes as well as they could have done. All things considered, if he wasn't good enough or anywhere near as bad as many would have you believe, we would not be in this league this season, nor would we be in a safe position this season. You can hold back some praise, but zero praise shows that it's biased.

We are talking about credit in context here. Clearly he's not as amazing as Allardyce, who is good enough for Real. Taken for the situation he is currently in, zero praise is not fair.

Not having a go at you personally Gav but is it any wonder the outside footballing world have a dim view of Rovers fans with attitudes like that prevalent?.

If Kean were to take the team down, he'd be blamed and rightly so. If he keeps us up he should take the credit.

I agree to a certain extent...although I do wonder how much will be down to Eric Black if we manage to stay up, I don't think it's any coincidence that we have a more recognisable shape since he arrived.

My other gripe would be that Kean has hindered our survival signings with awful signings. If you look at our most important players in this mini revival, how many has he bought? Robinson, Hanley, Olsson, Pedersen, Dunn, N'Zonzi, Hoilett, Yakubu. One of those are Kean's, the rest he inherited.

Left to his own devices for much longer and soon we'll have an entire squad full at the standard of Orr, Dann, Ribeiro, Anderson, Petrovic, Vukcevic, Goodwillie and Modeste.

He certainly deserves credit for keeping a strong team spirit throughout troubled times both on and off the field, but aside from that I think he's living off other peoples' work.

So you'd be willing to let Venky's sell, if you don't trust them to run the club?

Rovers are not a good acquisition for somebody who wants to make money, so it'll be actual asset strippers next I reckon. The likes who'll make the sales Rovers did but without spending well over £10mil on transfers, or have our success as a positive thing for their advertising. That would be worse.

I think you'd find a good argument that Asset stripping is what Venkys are doing at present (Asset stripping involves selling the assets of a business individually at a profit) - I dont agree that their current agenda is financial restructuring to a lower wage % of turnover - and even if it is, its extremeley naieve to believe the way we are doing it is good for the club - we are risking relegation and oblivion. Seeing as the majority of our saleable assets have now been sold as are the TV rights, where's the money to fund a promotion campaign? The last time we were relegated the owners invested heavily to keep the better players at the club - are Venkys going to do that?

I conceded in my previous point that new owners could be worse (ie Portsmouth scenario), however, the right new owner (one who is willing to invest heavily in the club with no ties on those funds) would surely be a godsend.

End of the day bradders, what me and thee think matters not.

The media decide who is competent or not in this country, we stay up and he will have done a 'fantastic job', opening up other roles for himself when Venky's finally depart.

It can't or shouldn't work both ways. Although I accept that merely avoiding relegation should not be a cause for getting the open topped bus out by any means.

Im sorry Rev but I cannot, and will not, give that proven liar any credit whatsoever for keeping us up. if indeed he manages to do so. I fully understand where youre coming from and to an extent I agree, but this man, along with Barry Chuckle, is waging a war against the fans, trying to soil our good name for personal gain and thats disgusting for a start.

Going back to matters on the pitch, I backed this man from the start, tried to see some good in what he was trying to achieve, but simply he made a fool of us and should have resigned long ago, done the right thing and moved over. But no he keeps telling us fibs, picking the wrong players, getting his tactics wrong and generally spouting bullsh*t, and for that reason I cannot give the man any credit at all, in fact quite the opposite.

Rant over :D

End of the day bradders, what me and thee think matters not.

The media decide who is competent or not in this country, we stay up and he will have done a 'fantastic job', opening up other roles for himself when Venky's finally depart.

No. Idiots believe the media. That is not truth, it is just what the sheep who are not involved in the reality of a situation believe. If I believed what the media said simply because it was what the media said, then life wouldn't be worth living.

It isn't either relegation certain or frothy talk on a Saturday night of how nice it is to see Wigan and Rovers play a little football whilst gaining no success. If you think there are only two ways this could be, or even two ways to even look at this situation then you're oversimplifying a matter to further your pessimism.

I’m sorry Rev but I cannot, and will not, give that proven liar any credit whatsoever for keeping us up. if indeed he manages to do so. I fully understand where you’re coming from and to an extent I agree, but this man, along with Barry Chuckle, is waging a war against the fans, trying to soil our good name for personal gain and that’s disgusting for a start.

Going back to matters on the pitch, I backed this man from the start, tried to see some good in what he was trying to achieve, but simply he made a fool of us and should have resigned long ago, done the right thing and moved over. But no he keeps telling us fibs, picking the wrong players, getting his tactics wrong and generally spouting bullsh*t, and for that reason I cannot give the man any credit at all, in fact quite the opposite.

Rovers fans having a good name? Why?

Out of this relegation battle I keep expecting Qpr to pull something out the bag, they got everything we thought we needed/wanted:

Mark Hughes as new manager and decent experienced signings. I expected them to do a Sunderland and shoot up, and one or two other teams to get dragged into it but they just havent got going for some reason, and teams like Norwich and Swansea keep racking up the wins and the points.

Out of this relegation battle I keep expecting Qpr to pull something out the bag, they got everything we thought we needed/wanted:

Mark Hughes as new manager and decent experienced signings. I expected them to do a Sunderland and shoot up, and one or two other teams to get dragged into it but they just havent got going for some reason, and teams like Norwich and Swansea keep racking up the wins and the points.

I wouldn't back against QPR getting a win against a top team with Hughes in charge. Wolves are the team most in danger I think, but you can't rule anybody out for putting a string of decent games together or getting that bit of luck. Wigan you have to watch out for too as they are experts at a final push and surviving by the skin of their teeth. Bolton have just had a boost with a win against a rival.

They can all do it, I just don't think more than two of them will do more than us.

QPR needed to learn how to keep 11 players on the pitch for a start. It's far from over yet although things are looking brighter for Rovers just at present. I can't see anybody else falling into the drop zone, it's still any 3 from the bottom 5. I thought Wigan were dead and buried last season but they kept their nerve and played their way out, they could still do it again this season. Qpr have tough fixtures and no real experience of premier league relegation struggles but they've probably got the best squad, certainly the best two strikers in Cisse and Zamora. Having said that played those two up front leaves you a bit light in midfield, usually you need a battling, dominant midfield to get you out of trouble.

Bolton, I don't know, one thing is for sure we can't afford to give them 3 points when we go there shortly. Wolves looked a poor, poor team on Saturday but if they could get a manager in quickly they might rally, they survived last season. T.C. looks out of his depth.

As for Rovers well we seem to have stumbled on a settled team with a bit of shape to it, much has we did at the end of last season. We also seem to have one or two players that can be brought into the team and do a job for us now if need be. I'm still not convinced by Kean's selection though. Without meaning to pick on him any team with a Pedersen in central midfield is always going to be a bit lightweight.

My team for Sunderland would be

Robbo

Lowe,Hanley,Givet,Martin Ollsen

Formica,Dunn,Nzonzi, Marcus Ollsen

Hoilett

Yakubu

For Bolton I'd bring Orr in at rightback if he's fit and start with Lowe alongside Nzonzi with Dunny on the bench in case we need him later.

I’m sorry Rev but I cannot, and will not, give that proven liar any credit whatsoever for keeping us up. if indeed he manages to do so. I fully understand where you’re coming from and to an extent I agree, but this man, along with Barry Chuckle, is waging a war against the fans, trying to soil our good name for personal gain and that’s disgusting for a start.

Unlikeable tho he is, the fact is that if we stay up then it'll be Venkys 2, most on here 0, as there have been a million posts for the last 15 months saying we were CERTAIN to go down if he wasn't sacked.

• Backroom

Unlikeable tho he is, the fact is that if we stay up then it'll be Venkys 2, most on here 0, as there have been a million posts for the last 15 months saying we were CERTAIN to go down if he wasn't sacked.

Considering Venky's very public aim has been Top 4/Top 8/winning a cup I'm not sure how narrowly avoiding relegation over 2 seasons (assuming we do avoid it this season) is considered a success on their part.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever read.

At least braddock's trollin'. What's your excuse?

Archived