BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

Might as well start this thread now because Is anyone in any doubt that we are now in a relegation battle for the next 8 – 9 months ?

Steve Kean last season presided over Rovers' worst series of results in decades and he has carried on this season in the same vein.

To me, the issue is clear: if Kean remains as manager we will go down. With the right man in charge, the season is young enough and the squad in my opinion has enough ability for Rovers to survive but, as it stands, we appear to be this season's West Ham and looked doomed.

Would love to be proved wrong and this thread closed by Christmas, but it's Rovers for the drop, with QPR and Wigan to go down with us.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought you might be starting this thread soon Jim. I agree under Kean the only direction we will be going is down.

Looking at our fixtures we could be at the bottom and possibly a bit adrift by October. If they sack him then there is huge pressure on the new manager to get them through a tricky christmas period.

Better off sacking him now, two weeks off due to the international break will allow them to get a proper manager in if they carried out a proper process this time around.

Yawn. Here we go again. Jim would love us to be relegated - he's had that "told you so" post drafted since December 2010. He's become so bitter and twisted about Allardyce's sacking that I actually feel sorry for him.

I don't doubt that Kean isn't good enough, but this thread after 3 games?? Get a grip FFS.

Yawn. Here we go again. Jim would love us to be relegated - he's had that "told you so" post drafted since December 2010. He's become so bitter and twisted about Allardyce's sacking that I actually feel sorry for him.

I don't doubt that Kean isn't good enough, but this thread after 3 games?? Get a grip FFS.

If nothing changes we are going down though. The guy is clueless, and who ever rang 606 in support of Kean is clueless aswell!

While this thread may seem way too premature as it stands there is only one outcome unless something changes. Three beatable teams and 0 points, we're already playing catch up and with the fixtures to come it will be extremely tough to get out of the relegation spots thereafter.

A little premature? We have played THREE games... let me repeat that again THREE games.

35 games to go- yes there are issues to be addressed but today was a much better performance, 2 penalties missed, hit the bar, hit the post- we were unfortunate.

We were not relegated last year despite numerous posters stating that we would be- you know who you are. There are enough quality players in that team to survive.

Just incase some are confused, I am NOT backing Kean but I am backing my team- they will come good.

A little premature? We have played THREE games... let me repeat that again THREE games.

35 games to go- yes there are issues to be addressed but today was a much better performance, 2 penalties missed, hit the bar, hit the post- we were unfortunate.

We were not relegated last year despite numerous posters stating that we would be- you know who you are. There are enough quality players in that team to survive.

Just incase some are confused, I am NOT backing Kean but I am backing my team- they will come good.

If you average out Kean's points per game since he took over and include this year we would be relegated. Comfortably. We are bottom, pointless and none of the three teams we have played will be top 6. Two of the three games have been at home, or Fortress Ewood as it was called until recently. Based on that, could you please provide an argument as to why you think they will come good and why if we couldn't beat Wolves at home we will get points out of any of the upcoming fixtures?

We ended up in a relegation battle because of this maanger- we survived on the final day.

Same manager in charge as new season begins- played 3, lost 3.

Yep, pretty fair to say that under Kean we will be in a relegation battle.

• Backroom

As long as Kean is manager this thread could not have been opened soon enough.

Starting to get the feeling we could go down this year with zero points and come August 2012 in the Championship Steve Kean would still be our manager. :mellow:

If you average out Kean's points per game since he took over and include this year we would be relegated. Comfortably. We are bottom, pointless and none of the three teams we have played will be top 6. Two of the three games have been at home, or Fortress Ewood as it was called until recently. Based on that, could you please provide an argument as to why you think they will come good and why if we couldn't beat Wolves at home we will get points out of any of the upcoming fixtures?

Based on the fact that we have missed key players in our defense in the opening 3 games.

Samba has only just returned and today was the first time in the opening three games where we have had an experienced back 5- bar a dodgy decision we would have kept a clean sheet.

We have seen players like Formica, Goodwillie and Petrovic who over the course of the season WILL come good, they need a little time.

We have yet to see Rochina and Simon in the team- both of whom will give us a different dimension going forward.

We are going to make a number of other signings who should further strengthen our side.

There are reasons to be optimistic- I did not mention Junior playing for us!

This team has been through a relegation battle AND survived.

I can't see him surviving our next 4 games to be honest:

Fulham A

Arsenal H

Newcastle A

Man City H

Those should see him sacked IMO, and Venky's have the chance to correct their biggest mistake - not bringing in a proper manager to replace Allardyce. About time we had a proper, forward-thinking manager who the fans can all get behind instead of yet another that divides opinion - something we've not had since Mark Hughes left.

Fulham A

Arsenal H

Newcastle A

Man City H

Those should see him sacked IMO, and Venky's have the chance to correct their biggest mistake - not bringing in a proper manager to replace Allardyce. About time we had a proper, forward-thinking manager who the fans can all get behind instead of yet another that divides opinion - something we've not had since Mark Hughes left.

We will probably still be on 0 points after these games. If he isn't sacked after that then God help us.....

Fulham A

Arsenal H

Newcastle A

Man City H

A manager that doesn't divide opinion? With our budget, that's all we will get...

Based on the fact that we have missed key players in our defense in the opening 3 games.

Samba has only just returned and today was the first time in the opening three games where we have had an experienced back 5- bar a dodgy decision we would have kept a clean sheet.

We have seen players like Formica, Goodwillie and Petrovic who over the course of the season WILL come good, they need a little time.

We have yet to see Rochina and Simon in the team- both of whom will give us a different dimension going forward.

We are going to make a number of other signings who should further strengthen our side.

There are reasons to be optimistic- I did not mention Junior playing for us!

This team has been through a relegation battle AND survived.

The relegation battle we survived was based on half a season of Kean, not a whole one. The other comments you make are hopeful opinions you state as fact.

We haven't played 3 games Imy, with Kean in charge we have played much more than that. He should be judged on his record, not just the games played this season. If last season he'd been a success or even had an average record I would agree with you. His record as it stands is extremely poor. Combine that with the mistakes he makes on an almost weekly basis, on and off the pitch and he must be up there with the worst managers the PL has ever seen.

If Kean is sacked quickly, we have a chance to survive with the players we have got but the injuries and poor showing by Petrovic even make that doubtful.

If Kean doesn't go, relegation is a sickening certainty.

We got 6 points from Wolves and Everton home last season. If we simply do as badly/well as last season for the rest of this season we are looking at 37 points so we are already in need of a bonus point to pull us away from relegation.

The more games the bird brains dither about getting rid, the greater the gap we will need to pull back.

Have to say, three games or no, I am very worried already. With the run of matches coming up, there is slim possibility of us picking up many points.

During the next couple of months we will almost certainly remain in the bottom 3, if not bottom.

It's going to be a very long season.

We haven't played 3 games Imy, with Kean in charge we have played much more than that. He should be judged on his record, not just the games played this season. If last season he'd been a success or even had an average record I would agree with you. His record as it stands is extremely poor. Combine that with the mistakes he makes on an almost weekly basis, on and off the pitch and he must be up there with the worst managers the PL has ever seen.

Kean SHOULD be fired, no doubt at all, 100%.

I am arguing that the squad that we have IS good enough to avoid a relegation battle this season.

Balwer- I did not say that I was making factual points. Its my opinion that Samba makes us stronger, that the new players we have bought will come good and that there are positives from todays game. The fact that Kean is not going to be fired means that we have to make the best of a lousy situation.

Archived