BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

Who would you replace him with? Realistically it's not going to be an Ancelotti, so we're looking at the long-term unemployed, or managers from the Championship. Holloway perhaps?

:lol:

So, you want Sam sacked because you thought we would get someone better, then write this?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

So, you want Sam sacked because you thought we would get someone better, then write this?

I thought you were more intelligent Den. Surely you can see the difference between now and immediately post Sam's sacking? The failed attempts at marquee signings, the shady influence of Anderson et al, and the allegations of skullduggery and mismanagement behind the scenes mean we're shopping in a different market for a manager these days.

I thought you were more intelligent Den. Surely you can see the difference between now and immediately post Sam's sacking? The failed attempts at marquee signings, the shady influence of Anderson et al, and the allegations of skullduggery and mismanagement behind the scenes mean we're shopping in a different market for a manager these days.

Guess you don't see the irony then Mark?

From wanting Sam sacked because we could quite easily have found another manager who could get that squad playing attractive football, - to suggesting it wont be easy getting a replacement for Kean.

If we hadn't sacked Sam - as you wanted - we wouldn't be in this mess now and you wouldn't be asking "well, who would come here"?

Guess you don't see the irony then Mark?

From wanting Sam sacked because we could quite easily have found another manager who could get that squad playing attractive football, - to suggesting it wont be easy getting a replacement for Kean.

At the time, we probably could - Jol was available, but if there's any substance in what Philipl is alluding to then Kean was nailed on from the start. Now - no chance. Who'd want to work for Venky's alone, even without the nefarious shadow of Anderson lurking in the background?

I said Holloway because I think he might be tempted, has experience of the Prem and appears to be a good motivator. Who else is available? Hughes - would he come back? Who would you go for?

Might as well start this thread now because Is anyone in any doubt that we are now in a relegation battle for the next 8 – 9 months ?

The way things are, I would be delighted if we got into a relegation "battle" as at least then we would have a chance. Think we may be set adrift by October.

Yesterday had all the hallmarks of a relegation side. The better team, gilt-edged chances missed, bad luck and a last-minute kick in the teeth.

Unless something happens soon I cannot see how we will get to 40 points.

At the time, we probably could - Jol was available, but if there's any substance in what Philipl is alluding to then Kean was nailed on from the start. Now - no chance. Who'd want to work for Venky's alone, even without the nefarious shadow of Anderson lurking in the background?

I said Holloway because I think he might be tempted, has experience of the Prem and appears to be a good motivator. Who else is available? Hughes - would he come back? Who would you go for?

Hughes - no chance he'd come here. I don't know who would be daft enough to come here Mark.

The Blackburn Rovers of October 2010 could have got a Jol, at the time of Sam's sacking we obviously couldn't.

Hughes - no chance he'd come here. I don't know who would be daft enough to come here Mark.

There are crazier people to work for, Hearts owner?

We would always get a decent manager at the club- we are PL and money would be a lure, regardless of owners.

I feel mentally drained. :unsure:

There are crazier people to work for, Hearts owner?

We would always get a decent manager at the club- we are PL and money would be a lure, regardless of owners.

I feel mentally drained. :unsure:

Yes we will get somebody and will probably need to look for a bright young thing from the lower leagues.

But players and managers for whom Rovers are not likely to be their only chance at having a go at the PL are doing and will do their homework and give Rovers a pass.

do you honestly think Holloway would come here? It would be nice, but after this rant i fear not

we need to do something, no strikers, poor manager, numpty owners, i would use swear words to describe all them but i fear i may get another ban and no effing money to bring in a quality striker, according to nicko, why dont the venkys just eff off.

No need to rewrite anything - I said Kean's appointment was a huge risk, and I've been proven right. I gave him a chance at least, something you didn't -

The risk was all in sacking Allardyce. Safest pair of hands on the surface of the planet for a club with limited financial resources. Why do people have to keep repeating that to you? Can you not grasp the facts?

This from the man who thinks Lancashire United is a good idea. :wstu:

Sacking Sam wasn't a bad idea - the bad decision was inadequately replacing him. Keeping Sam would have been a better bet that promoting Kean - getting someone like Jol, O'Neill, or Laudrup etc etc would have been better than keeping Sam. It's surely not that hard to grasp, even for someone as numb and with such an infinitesimal knowledge of football as you?

I've forgotten more than you will ever know cock.

btw Lancashire United is a good idea. If football was invented now thats who you would be watching. :wstu:

I agree FFS - Kean is useless. But some never gave him a chance, even before a ball was kicked under his stewardship.

Well then they were right not to. You should be applauding the foresight they have and which you will never possess.

Who would you replace him with? Realistically it's not going to be an Ancelotti, so we're looking at the long-term unemployed, or managers from the Championship. Holloway perhaps?

A question which I posed frequently to calls for Allardyces sacking. Look what we got when you lot got your way.

Why don't you just give up? The hole you still insist on digging for yourself has achieved gigantic proportions.

I thought you were more intelligent Den.

Nodody will ever write those words about you thats for sure.

it wont be easy though den,which manager worth his salt would want to work under the V'S?

Abbey you should have been asking yourself that self same question last December instead of partying all night when Allardyce was sacked.

The way things are, I would be delighted if we got into a relegation "battle" as at least then we would have a chance. Think we may be set adrift by October.

Yesterday had all the hallmarks of a relegation side. The better team, gilt-edged chances missed, bad luck and a last-minute kick in the teeth.

Unless something happens soon I cannot see how we will get to 40 points.

40 from 35 needed now and counting......

The way I'm feeling about our club (and the game in general) right now, I think relegation would be a blessing in disguise if it got Anderson & co. to pack up and saw the club return to safe hands. The consequences may be dire, but at least we'd be shot of the parasites eating our club from inside and put an end to our whored attempts to keep on the PL gravy train...which in itself, has become a busted flush.

The reason you are getting so much stick is that you are out of the loop on how/why Sam lost his job.

I am completely convinced it was a total stitch up and there was never the slightest possibility that anybody other than Kean was going to get the job permanently.

In my opinion you are completely barking up the wrong tree mentioning other names as the Anderson man was in place and delivering what certain people needed.

You have been completely convinced by many things in the last year and it doesn't make them true. I don't claim to be in the know but I did hear very strong rumours about a certain Irish manager who changed his mind at the last minute. I'd suggest there is as much chance, if not more, that it wasn't a stitch up.

The risk was all in sacking Allardyce. Safest pair of hands on the surface of the planet for a club with limited financial resources. Why do people have to keep repeating that to you? Can you not grasp the facts?

I've forgotten more than you will ever know cock.

btw Lancashire United is a good idea. If football was invented now thats who you would be watching. :wstu:

Well then they were right not to. You should be applauding the foresight they have and which you will never possess.

A question which I posed frequently to calls for Allardyces sacking. Look what we got when you lot got your way.

Why don't you just give up? The hole you still insist on digging for yourself has achieved gigantic proportions.

Nodody will ever write those words about you thats for sure.

Abbey you should have been asking yourself that self same question last December instead of partying all night when Allardyce was sacked.

40 from 35 needed now and counting......

I really can't be arsed going through this again, so we'll leave your little diatribe as the end of it. You've got your opinion, I've got mine.

Plenty on here have "remembered" they opposed the timing of the sacking and the appointment of Kean now they realise what an utter disaster its been.

I don't recall you expressing reservations, just crowing and triumphalism over Sam's sacking till you felt the need to rewrite history in the light of current events.Those of us who had the sense to express our incredulity over the sacking at the time were labelled "doom-mongers with an anti-Venkys agenda" for months and I'm pretty sure you were at the forefront of all that. I'm afraid you're the depressingly predictable one.

I recall you - 47er - posting for 4 or more years on this MB, that any new ownership would be better than "stagnation under the JW Trust".

If only we had kept Allardyce, John Williams, and Tom Finn. Aah well, the obsession with playing good football was just way better than the safety of 10th place every season. I won't go too much into the Allardyce debate, but he would have been a much better bet to get us out of this mess if we had lost the 1st 3 games under him

Archived