BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

Kean SHOULD be fired, no doubt at all, 100%.

I am arguing that the squad that we have IS good enough to avoid a relegation battle this season.

Balwer- I did not say that I was making factual points. Its my opinion that Samba makes us stronger, that the new players we have bought will come good and that there are positives from todays game. The fact that Kean is not going to be fired means that we have to make the best of a lousy situation.

Decent squad, bad manager often leads to relegation.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought you were good today, INFINITELY better than when we played you on the first game of the season.

All 3 penalties were soft, thought Formica went down looking for a foul both times and the one on Fellaini was just ridiculous.

If you can keep Samba, I think you'll stay up.

Relegation battle looks very interesting this year, any 3 from 10/11 could go down.

Might as well start this thread now because Is anyone in any doubt that we are now in a relegation battle for the next 8 – 9 months ?

Steve Kean last season presided over Rovers' worst series of results in decades and he has carried on this season in the same vein.

To me, the issue is clear: if Kean remains as manager we will go down. With the right man in charge, the season is young enough and the squad in my opinion has enough ability for Rovers to survive but, as it stands, we appear to be this season's West Ham and looked doomed.

Would love to be proved wrong and this thread closed by Christmas, but it's Rovers for the drop, with QPR and Wigan to go down with us.

Blackburn if kean is'nt gone by october guarenteed down

Norwich good manager but too horrible a squad of players

WBA Hodgson only does 6 good months at modt jobs and he's used them up

So now the Kean fans/Allardyce haters are saying "it's only been 3 games". Absolute nonsense, it's been since December last year and we have been shocking in just about everyone. Worst results run in history, worst start in 60 years, and the fact that we have become a laughing stock under Kean's watch says he has to go now. He is a disgrace...

[quote name

=imy9' timestamp='1314469870' post='1133889]

A little premature? We have played THREE games... let me repeat that again THREE games.

AND WE HAVE LOST THEM ALL.

LET ME REPEAT, WE HAVE LOST THEM ALL.

Nul points.

Zero

Niet

Zilch

No dice

Nada

Nothing

Love

Absolutelynothing.

Unless something changes then the odds are strongly in favour of us heading for the drop. Have you seen what our run of games is like next? We have a run of 7 tough games.

Good night and good luck.

• Backroom

I think we are down with him HOWEVER you look at the team that finished the game today

Robbo

Salgado Samba Givet Olsson

Emerton Nzonzi Petrovic Hoilett

Formica

Goodwillie

And that's a pretty good team, with a good manager I feel we'd be comfortably mid table, Salgado is a weak link and we have Vukcevic to replace Emo and a new striker to come hopefully.

I can't say any signings now will excite me as it's not the team its the manager.

I have always tried to be a glass-half-full-man (and especially when it comes to Rovers as most my friends are following one of the "Big 4") but enough is enough. Anyone who doesn't see that....well....I'm lost for words. This isn't about opinions anymore - it's plain for all to see that Kean just isn't up for it. Kinda reminds me of Grant at West Ham last year....was pretty obvious from the start that they were going down unless they got rid of him, but waited 'till the season was over and got relegated.

This season all fingers are pointed at Blackburn Rovers and we look dead cert for the drop unless something is done. West Ham last season had a squad more than good enough to stay in the PL but with an inept manager, and owners unwilling to sack him, sent them down to the doldrums of the Championship. Point being that Rovers have players with enough quality to secure another season in the PL - particulary now we've gotten rid of some deadwood and got some exciting young talent in - but we desperatly need a PROPER manager if we are to survive.

Last but not least: I really wanted Kean to succeed and bought into his words of a bright future for the club while playing football that would be pleasing to the eye - but time has shown that I was wrong in getting my hopes up for this numpty.

He's left the club tonight so that pretty good team is down to ten men.

And I think we are being lead along a bit because Everton were not very good. Let's see how good we look in our next four home games to get a real sense of whether there is much Premier League mileage in them.

I think we are down with him HOWEVER you look at the team that finished the game today

Robbo

Salgado Samba Givet Olsson

Emerton Nzonzi Petrovic Hoilett

Formica

Goodwillie

And that's a pretty good team, with a good manager I feel we'd be comfortably mid table, Salgado is a weak link and we have Vukcevic to replace Emo and a new striker to come hopefully.

I can't say any signings now will excite me as it's not the team its the manager.

Three of those players have about 4 games of Premier League experience between them, four players once you include Vukcevic. Not really enough evidence to show they're worthy of a mid table finish, particularly since none have been involved in a win yet.

• Backroom

He's left the club tonight so that pretty good team is down to ten men.

And I think we are being lead along a bit because Everton were not very good. Let's see how good we look in our next four home games to get a real sense of whether there is much Premier League mileage in them.

That's why I said we have Vukcevic to replace him, granted we don't know his ability yet

Those should see him sacked IMO, and Venky's have the chance to correct their biggest mistake - not bringing in a proper manager to replace Allardyce. About time we had a proper, forward-thinking manager who the fans can all get behind instead of yet another that divides opinion - something we've not had since Mark Hughes left.

You seem determined to bring Sam into this discussion - are you obsessed with him or are you still sore at getting it spectacularly wrong over him and Steve Kean ? For the record, the circle of Rovers fans with whom I am acquainted were aghast at his sacking and continue to be so. There was no divided opinion among us - only one that the decision to dismiss him made no sense. And you're wrong about Hughes too - there were plenty of fans who did not like his style of play and worried about his roughhouse approach.

But this isn't about Sam, only about the likely battle against relegation but feel free to bring your friend Sam back into the discussion over the coming months.

Watching MotD it was apparent most of the Everton threats come down the right where Salgado again looked off the pace. We desperately another defender - and soon.

You seem determined to bring Sam into this discussion - are you obsessed with him or are you still sore at getting it spectacularly wrong over him and Steve Kean ? For the record, the circle of Rovers fans with whom I am acquainted were aghast at his sacking and continue to be so. There was no divided opinion among us - only one that the decision to dismiss him made no sense. And you're wrong about Hughes too - there were plenty of fans who did not like his style of play and worried about his roughhouse approach.

But this isn't about Sam, only about the likely battle against relegation but feel free to bring your friend Sam back into the discussion over the coming months.

Watching MotD it was apparent most of the Everton threats come down the right where Salgado again looked off the pace. We desperately another defender - and soon.

Yawn. I didn't get anything wrong Jim. Sacking Allardyce wasn't a bad decision - the timing and quality of replacement were, both of which I expressed reservations about at the time but I guess senility's got the better of you again. Anyway, that's the last time I'll mention him - wish I could say the same for you but I'm sure there's no doubt that your love for him means you'll continue to bring him up at every opportunity. You're nothing if not depressingly predictable.

Kean isn't up to scratch, and I couldn't really see promoting a coach working back when he was appointed, but unlike many I thought he deserved a chance and I haven't been constantly sniping, and itching to see Rovers lose and/or be relegated to score points and prove myself right on an internet messageboard.

I agree about Salgado though - looking every one of his almost 36 years now.

Three of those players have about 4 games of Premier League experience between them, four players once you include Vukcevic. Not really enough evidence to show they're worthy of a mid table finish, particularly since none have been involved in a win yet.

Come on Balwer! You're not being positive enough! When we win some matches then they will have been involved in PL victories.

I hope the newbies are the real deal but as you say there really isn't much evidence to show that it's only really hope that we're relying on. Never mind. If we all just think about it maybe we can influence the bosons to divert the ball into the net in the next match ... ahemmmmmmmmmmm!

While I saw some evidence of improvement yesterday, admittedly when the manager was forced to make changes, I can't get away from the thought this side is relegation bound. I couldn't see enough to suggest there is a win coming in the next seven games - draws at Fulham, QPR and Norwich would be the minimum we should expect leaving us with 3 points from 10 games and utterly and completely stuffed for the rest of the season.

If I'm going to be super positive I'll say I didn't anticipate any improvement against Everton and thought we'd lose (which we did but not in the fashion expected), building from that perhaps we can look to get a win at one of those three and some draws in the very tough home fixtures. Super optimistic I know and I doubt it will happen. More than three points by October 29th will be a bonus.

With Emerton leaving this side is still short of four players - a right back, two strikers and a midfield enforcer. That's £20M WORTH OF PLAYERS in anyone's book and Venky's don't have the cash, Kean doesn't have the time or knowledge and Rovers don't have the "pull" to get those players in the next three days.

What a friggin mess.

Unless we replace Kean we'll go down.

Fortunately there is quality in the squad that should be good enough to survive under an organised manager.

The owners said judge them after 12 months, well unless they sack Kean soon then that 12 months is going to be a disaster.

To be fair, that team that Tom highlighted is good enough to stay up if we had a half decent manager.

However an inexperienced team + useless manager, we're dead in the water.

I don't agree, 2 poor fullbacks and a glaring lack of creativity and mobility in centre midfield. It'd do OK in the Chumpionship though.

Archived