BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yawn. I didn't get anything wrong Jim. Sacking Allardyce wasn't a bad decision - the timing and quality of replacement were, both of which I expressed reservations about at the time but I guess senility's got the better of you again. Anyway, that's the last time I'll mention him - wish I could say the same for you but I'm sure there's no doubt that your love for him means you'll continue to bring him up at every opportunity. You're nothing if not depressingly predictable.

Kean isn't up to scratch, and I couldn't really see promoting a coach working back when he was appointed, but unlike many I thought he deserved a chance and I haven't been constantly sniping, and itching to see Rovers lose and/or be relegated to score points and prove myself right on an internet messageboard.

I agree about Salgado though - looking every one of his almost 36 years now.

Plenty on here have "remembered" they opposed the timing of the sacking and the appointment of Kean now they realise what an utter disaster its been.

I don't recall you expressing reservations, just crowing and triumphalism over Sam's sacking till you felt the need to rewrite history in the light of current events.Those of us who had the sense to express our incredulity over the sacking at the time were labelled "doom-mongers with an anti-Venkys agenda" for months and I'm pretty sure you were at the forefront of all that. I'm afraid you're the depressingly predictable one.

Sacking Sam was wrong as we are STILL a club that spends less on players than it recoups in sales. Our previous manager excels in such conditions, therefore this 'right decision, wrong timing', 'I thought we had someone better lined up' talk was nonsense then and it's nonsense now,

Does that mean Sam should still be in charge? Of course not, what proper manager would work under these cretins?

I have always tried to be a glass-half-full-man ............

......Last but not least: I really wanted Kean to succeed and bought into his words of a bright future for the club while playing football that would be pleasing to the eye - but time has shown that I was wrong in getting my hopes up for this numpty.

You have just validated your opening point moerpho. I'm more a glass 3 parts empty man... and unfortunately regarding BRFC I'm usually proven to be right.

btw How many other Premier League clubs appoint a manager that on one has ever heard of?

I don't agree, 2 poor fullbacks and a glaring lack of creativity and mobility in centre midfield. It'd do OK in the Chumpionship though.

I disagree strongly with that. The defence needs strengthening without a doubt but I think we have plenty of creativity in the forward midfield role. Dunne, Hoilett, Rochina, Olsson, El Hadj Diouff and Formica all offer creativity whilst N'Zonzi and Petrovic offer the necessary grit and graft.

we will be in a relegation scrap come the end of the season as we have no firepower up front and we always look likely to concede.

We are in one now mate. Make no mistake about that. Thats why this thread has been started.

Yawn. I didn't get anything wrong Jim. Sacking Allardyce wasn't a bad decision -

:lol::lol::lol:

It's no laughing matter Andy even though MarkBRFC71's terminal stupidity knows no limits.

btw Mark how many matches have we won since Allardyce was sacked? Never mind I'll tell you it is 5. Need I remind you that we won 4 under Allardyce in the month before he was sacked.

I disagree strongly with that. The defence needs strengthening without a doubt but I think we have plenty of creativity in the forward midfield role. Dunne, Hoilett, Rochina, Olsson, El Hadj Diouff and Formica all offer creativity whilst N'Zonzi and Petrovic offer the necessary grit and graft.

I think we could still do with someone who can defend in midfield for the whole 90 minutes, possibly as much as we could do with an extra centre back and right back (Emerton would have been perfect to replace Salgado).

The big problem is that you can cut right through us and run at the defenders. Petrovic might be ok but we could have done with signing Jones permanently. Reo-Coker would also have done a job for us on a free but we let him go to Bolton.

I think a striker who can trap a ball and even occasionally score is essential. The ball just doesn't stick with Jason Bobbins up front...

Plenty on here have "remembered" they opposed the timing of the sacking and the appointment of Kean now they realise what an utter disaster its been.

I don't recall you expressing reservations, just crowing and triumphalism over Sam's sacking till you felt the need to rewrite history in the light of current events.Those of us who had the sense to express our incredulity over the sacking at the time were labelled "doom-mongers with an anti-Venkys agenda" for months and I'm pretty sure you were at the forefront of all that. I'm afraid you're the depressingly predictable one.

No need to rewrite anything - I said Kean's appointment was a huge risk, and I've been proven right. I gave him a chance at least, something you didn't - you've been critical from day one about him, trying time and again to pick at every little perceived negative you could find. Hang on - isn't that EXACTLY the kind of thing the Samettes criticised his detractors for? Hypocritical, bitter, much?

You don't recall my reservations, which probably says more about your memory or agenda (or both?). Take it from me, I did express reservations about Kean and I could go back and prove you wrong (again), but you're really not worth the effort and we've been over it so many times it's almost driving me to self-harm.

Back on topic, I think we agree that Kean is not up to task. There's only two questions to be answered - when do we sack him, and who do we get to replace him? Instead of a point-scoring crusade, why don't you come up with some suggestions?

It's no laughing matter Andy even though MarkBRFC71's terminal stupidity knows no limits.

btw Mark how many matches have we won since Allardyce was sacked? Never mind I'll tell you it is 5. Need I remind you that we won 4 under Allardyce in the month before he was sacked.

This from the man who thinks Lancashire United is a good idea. :wstu:

Sacking Sam wasn't a bad idea - the bad decision was inadequately replacing him. Keeping Sam would have been a better bet that promoting Kean - getting someone like Jol, O'Neill, or Laudrup etc etc would have been better than keeping Sam. It's surely not that hard to grasp, even for someone as numb and with such an infinitesimal knowledge of football as you?

He's had every 'negative picked at' constantly because he's proved himself useless constantly.

Sam didn't deserve it because he was a good manager getting results.

I agree FFS - Kean is useless. But some never gave him a chance, even before a ball was kicked under his stewardship.

I don't think there were many people who weren't willing to give Kean a chance to be fair.

However, for the majority of us who did, look at what a mess he's made of it all.

Big Sam is the perfect manager for a club of our size and resources and I have no doubt he'd have us finishing in the top 10 again this year, rather than the impending drop to the Championship we're now looking at.

Textbook case of not appreciating how good you had something until it's gone, for the minority of fans who were against Big Sam.

Sacking Sam wasn't a bad idea - the bad decision was inadequately replacing him. Keeping Sam would have been a better bet that promoting Kean - getting someone like Jol, O'Neill, or Laudrup etc etc would have been better than keeping Sam. It's surely not that hard to grasp, even for someone as numb and with such an infinitesimal knowledge of football as you?

Mark, it was definitely a bad idea sacking him mid season. If it was to be done they should have waited, found out how to run the show properly and then maybe got someone else in. Sam staying and investment in the coaching team would have been the best option for the next few years IMO...

Mark, it was definitely a bad idea sacking him mid season. If it was to be done they should have waited, found out how to run the show properly and then maybe got someone else in. Sam staying and investment in the coaching team would have been the best option for the next few years IMO...

I agree the timing was off, but Sam's tenure had started to become stale (and it was clear he wanted out - he's since confirmed as much). We needed someone capable of taking us the next stage - instead we got a jumped up coach which has arguably set us back.

The next appointment has to be right, otherwise we might not recover. Get a proper manager in though and I think the squad is more than good enough to survive, hence why I think this thread is premature.

There's no doubt that this squad, under a proper manager, could finish comfortably mid-table - even better under a better manager.

But it just highlights Kean's deficiencies even further that we're pointless after three very winnable matches.

I can't see us taking a point until Swansea at home in November (I think).

There's no doubt that this squad, under a proper manager, could finish comfortably mid-table - even better under a better manager.

But it just highlights Kean's deficiencies even further that we're pointless after three very winnable matches.

Who would you replace him with? Realistically it's not going to be an Ancelotti, so we're looking at the long-term unemployed, or managers from the Championship. Holloway perhaps?

I agree with you about Kean , but not too sure about the mid table bit , who is going to score the goals ??

Mark - honestly, anyone could do a better job from the Championship upwards.

If it was up to me, I'd look at the unemployed managers first (no signing fee, most are actively seeking a job) - Curbishley, I'd certainly speak to Hughes, see if there's anything in this Benitez talk?

Maybe Arsene Wenger if Man U smash a couple more past Arsenal in the next 20 minutes :lol:

Maybe Arsene Wenger if Man U smash a couple more past Arsenal in the next 20 minutes :lol:

Lol. Doing a 'Kean' and looking at the positives, we're only 1 point behind Arsenal, a Champion's League club, and we're above Spurs who are in the Europe League - and we've a better goal difference than both! What's to moan about?? ;)

The reason you are getting so much stick is that you are out of the loop on how/why Sam lost his job.

I am completely convinced it was a total stitch up and there was never the slightest possibility that anybody other than Kean was going to get the job permanently.

In my opinion you are completely barking up the wrong tree mentioning other names as the Anderson man was in place and delivering what certain people needed.

Archived