BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

lets not get carried away we beat a poor Wolves side who are in turmoil , we still have a long way to go , a back to back wins a must for starters against Sunderland ! its still hard to comprehend that there are 4 worse sides than us currently but that can soon change we arent safe yet !

But IMO I cannot see the likes of Wolves or Wigan putting a run together , Bolton may do QPR could ( but have a tougth run in even though they're luck could change )..a lot of ifs and buts..

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart where have I made ONE comment chortling about stupid fans/bad fans/wrong fans??

Mistaken identity imy, please accept my apologies.

Ahh, the old "local" card being scraped from the barrel. My dad still goes at the age of 83 and I shall be there for the Norwich game

There's always risk and it's foolish/arrogant to assume otherwise given we have one of the lowest incomes in the league. We were in the bottom 3 under Harford, Hodgson and Souness, costing 2 of them their jobs and the third jumping beofre he was pushed. I'm sorry, but "we shouldn't be here" souinds more like West Ham and Newcastle fans.

The Sam argument is moot in my mind as there is no way he would've stayed working for our idiotic owners so we would've had a new manager this season come what may.

The reason we are here is SELF-INFLICTED. 18 out of 20 years, FFS yes, I'd say we deserve to be here.

So you at saying only Kean would be stupid enough to work for our clueless owners? At last some common ground.

That keeping Kean wouldn't get us relegated. Exactly and only what I said in my initial post (remembering the "if we stay up" bit!)

IF we stay up.

Point remains that we shouldn't have been in this position in the first place (on both accounts). You can only tempt fate so many times.

I have lost the plot here, in my not inconsiderable experience in football, it has always been considered that a manager is judged on results, In that case, Kean has failed, McCarthy, Bruce, Boas at Chelsea, Warnock at QPR etc, ech had better results than Kean and were sacked.

So then we look at the signings, Rochina, not played much, Vekevic, hardly played, Anderson, never seen, Ribiero, never seen, Slew, never seen, you can always get the odd one wrong, but 5 out of those isnt good by any standards, if we go down the road that Kean hasnt signed them, which some have suggested, then no credit for Yakubu and Jermaine Jones can be attributed to Kean!!

Whichever way you look at things, with regards to Kean they are negative, positive breath teast apart.

The above are facts, not something the poster with the old hag as an avatar has posted!

Mistaken identity imy, please accept my apologies.

The reason we are here is SELF-INFLICTED. 18 out of 20 years, FFS yes, I'd say we deserve to be here.

So you at saying only Kean would be stupid enough to work for our clueless owners? At last some common ground.

We deserve to be in this league but I don't see why we deserve to never be in danger. It's always self-inflicted: Souness swapping Cole for Dickov, Roy buying rubbish, Harford not strengthening.

We deserve to be in this league but I don't see why we deserve to never be in danger. It's always self-inflicted: Souness swapping Cole for Dickov, Roy buying rubbish, Harford not strengthening.

We went from midtable to last day survival last season, this season we were bottom at Christmas and only just find ourselves out of the bottom 3. That is because we have a novice manager and disinterested owners. That's not just being in danger, that's reckless, practically wilful damage.

I'm not stupid enough not to realise they we were in decline under the trust but the argument here is about having Kean vs a safe pair of hands like Allardyce. When he was in charge, countless people would say to me "you'll be safe with Big Sam". This from begrudging non-Rovers fans. And they were right. He virtually guaranteed safety.

When you operate on a shoestring, you need someone who can get the best results out of what you have. Sam was the master at that, and nothing will change my mind about that.

[insert soapbox rant about Kean v Allardyce here]

Fair enough, Souey shouldn't have let the red mist descend on the training pitch but this last 18 months have had far more self-inflicted damage than Souness, Hodgson and Harford combined.

We went from midtable to last day survival last season, this season we were bottom at Christmas and only just find ourselves out of the bottom 3. That is because we have a novice manager and disinterested owners. That's not just being in danger, that's reckless, practically wilful damage.

I'm not stupid enough not to realise they we were in decline under the trust but the argument here is about having Kean vs a safe pair of hands like Allardyce. When he was in charge, countless people would say to me "you'll be safe with Big Sam". This from begrudging non-Rovers fans. And they were right. He virtually guaranteed safety.

When you operate on a shoestring, you need someone who can get the best results out of what you have. Sam was the master at that, and nothing will change my mind about that.

[insert soapbox rant about Kean v Allardyce here]

Fair enough, Souey shouldn't have let the red mist descend on the training pitch but this last 18 months have had far more self-inflicted damage than Souness, Hodgson and Harford combined.

Sam's long gone and would've been long gone by now anyway so I think you need to move into a post-Sam phase in your thinking.

We all agree we have terrible owners and a useless manager. The ONLY hope imo is that we stay up and some currently unforseeable event improves things. IF we stay up after everything that has gone on, it has to be an achievement by someone! My vote goes to the young players who are rising to the task and a joy to watch.

Sam's long gone and would've been long gone by now anyway so I think you need to move into a post-Sam phase in your thinking.

We all agree we have terrible owners and a useless manager. The ONLY hope imo is that we stay up and some currently unforseeable event improves things. IF we stay up after everything that has gone on, it has to be an achievement by someone! My vote goes to the young players who are rising to the task and a joy to watch.

We got there in the end. :D

Last night I dreamed that I returned to watch a game at Ewood Park (for the first time since 2007).

Ewood had changed a lot in that time. For one, the Blackburn end was half empty. The single seaters had been replaced with large wooden benches (similar to those which used to exist at the members section at the Melbourne Cricket Ground). There was no chanting or singing anymore. Just a bunch of mainly young families having a laugh, eating pies, lounging around and hurling abuse at Steve Kean.

There was a nice young lady from Somerset in the crowd with whom I had a very indepth converstaion with, but now I can't remember what it was.

I had no idea what division we were win, but the total crowd was less than 10,000. The only upside was that because of the strong Aussie dollar, I could afford to buy lots of pies.

Any resident shrinks want to interpret that dream for me?

Stick to the horses Mercer :)

Doing very well on them thanks and winnings enable me to take a few punts !!!

It looks from all the speculation that they are all over the place at Wolves, could make Venky's seem efficient, hence the mixed messages coming out. However, a respected business colleague of mine down in the Midlands is pretty confident about the Bruce thing. I got £20 on @ 9/1.

I have lost the plot here, in my not inconsiderable experience in football, it has always been considered that a manager is judged on results, In that case, Kean has failed, McCarthy, Bruce, Boas at Chelsea, Warnock at QPR etc, ech had better results than Kean and were sacked.

So then we look at the signings, Rochina, not played much, Vekevic, hardly played, Anderson, never seen, Ribiero, never seen, Slew, never seen, you can always get the odd one wrong, but 5 out of those isnt good by any standards, if we go down the road that Kean hasnt signed them, which some have suggested, then no credit for Yakubu and Jermaine Jones can be attributed to Kean!!

Whichever way you look at things, with regards to Kean they are negative, positive breath teast apart.

The above are facts, not something the poster with the old hag as an avatar has posted!

But he's learning, he needs to gain experience. Everyone knows people who are destined for success start badly, get worse before blossoming into butterflies.

He has a worse record than Ince with three times the number of matches under his belt and yet people want to give him a chance. They know nothing about football it's cut throat and you have to take your chances. Kean needs more chances than andy cole to score.

Some people are obsessed with being able to polish a turd.

Welcome to modern day society were anyone can be what they want, regardless of their aptitude.

Doing very well on them thanks and winnings enable me to take a few punts !!!

It looks from all the speculation that they are all over the place at Wolves, could make Venky's seem efficient, hence the mixed messages coming out. However, a respected business colleague of mine down in the Midlands is pretty confident about the Bruce thing. I got £20 on @ 9/1.

A couple of stats/ reasons to be abit more upbeat with our chances against the mini league candidates....Tin hat on for being positive.

Improving away - Wolves (11) & QPR (11) have worse Away points Tally. Wigan, Rovers & Bolton all have 12.

Best Home record – Most wins & Points – (4 wins, 13pts), Bolton (3 & 11pts), QPR (2 & 11pts), Wolves (3 & 11pts), Wigan (1 & 9pts)

Best form in last 10 games – Rovers (14pts), Bolton (11), QPR (5), Wolves (6), Wigan (7)

Bolton (19), QPR (16), Wolves (16) have all lost more games – Rovers & Wigan (15)

No problem scoring goals…..Only the top 5 have scored more goals than Rovers (40) – which compares with Bolton (27), QPR (29), Wolves (30) & Wigan (24)

Worst Defence (60), Bolton (57), QPR (48), Wolves (58), Wigan (53) – however we have just kept our 1st clean sheet and some rivals are about to play very tough run of games.

Goal difference is starting to improve compared to rivals – Rovers (-20), Bolton (-26), QPR (-19), Wolves (-28), Wigan (-29)

A couple of stats/ reasons to be abit more upbeat with our chances against the mini league candidates....Tin hat on for being positive.

Improving away - Wolves (11) & QPR (11) have worse Away points Tally. Wigan, Rovers & Bolton all have 12.

Best Home record – Most wins & Points – (4 wins, 13pts), Bolton (3 & 11pts), QPR (2 & 11pts), Wolves (3 & 11pts), Wigan (1 & 9pts)

Best form in last 10 games – Rovers (14pts), Bolton (11), QPR (5), Wolves (6), Wigan (7)

Bolton (19), QPR (16), Wolves (16) have all lost more games – Rovers & Wigan (15)

No problem scoring goals…..Only the top 5 have scored more goals than Rovers (40) – which compares with Bolton (27), QPR (29), Wolves (30) & Wigan (24)

Worst Defence (60), Bolton (57), QPR (48), Wolves (58), Wigan (53) – however we have just kept our 1st clean sheet and some rivals are about to play very tough run of games.

Goal difference is starting to improve compared to rivals – Rovers (-20), Bolton (-26), QPR (-19), Wolves (-28), Wigan (-29)

So are you saying we're the turd with the most fibre?

I'm going to agree with you Hughesy ( :o )

What we need to remember is that even though we have been utter pish this season, so have the others. It's easy to concentrate only on your own team and forget just how bad the other 4 are.

I heard on the Bolton V QPR commentary that Bolton had the worst home record in the top 5 divisions.

QPR have a horrendous run in.

Wolves seem to be in freefall under a manager that is Kean without the bravado and even less experience.

Wigan, well you just never know, they are always cpapable of picking up results, as well as getting a royal slapping.

No one is pretending things are great with Rovers - it's simply a mess.

Our safety, as already pointed out, will be down to the ineptitude of the others - they must be feckin bad !

If this was a 'normal' season, I wouldn't put a bent nine bob note on us reaching 40 points, usually recognised as the 'norm' for safety.

Unless we have a change in ownership and manager, our day of reckoning will come next season !

Archived