BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the first time since August I feel we might just get out of this mess as it appears there are three sides playing even worse than us.

I agree. We only have to have more points than 3 teams.

It's like the sotry of 2 blokes in the woods. They spot a bear, it sees them and starts running. One bloke quickly puts on his trainers. The other bloke asks why he's doing it as bears can run faster than people. Bloke 2 replies that he only needs to run faster than the other fella.

ROFLMAO, truly read this and our chances and then look below.

My link

Goals Scored:

Wigan 23

Wolves 30

QPR 29

Bolton 31

Rovers 40

You fear for us because we don't score enough goals and yet we have 9 more than our nearest rivals. Negative atmosphere? At times, but the whole time? No and it never has been a cauldron and yet we've been here how long? The journey must also be considered and actions at other clubs in the league.

Guess the Fergie Babe is still bitter we ended their hat trick attempt in 1995.

ROFLMAO, truly read this and our chances and then look below.

My link

Goals Scored:

Wigan 23

Wolves 30

QPR 29

Bolton 31

Rovers 40

You fear for us because we don't score enough goals and yet we have 9 more than our nearest rivals. Negative atmosphere? At times, but the whole time? No and it never has been a cauldron and yet we've been here how long? The journey must also be considered and actions at other clubs in the league.

Guess the Fergie Babe is still bitter we ended their hat trick attempt in 1995.

I think Neville is an excellent pundit but he has got this so wrong.

I think Neville is an excellent pundit but he has got this so wrong.

Agreed. Wonder how much he got paid for that article?. Nice work if you can get it, being paid for writing such arbitrary dross.

The situation changes more or less on a weekly basis but right now the situation looks bleakest for Wolves and Wigan. Will Steve Morgan have the courage to realise he's made a catastrophic mistake and fire the bullet again I wonder?

It's still too tight to call between us, QPR and Bolton imo but we have every chance if we can carry on creating chances and scoring a reasonable amount of goals as we've done for much of the season. The key will be trying to be a bit tighter at the back and adding one or two more clean sheets to the one we finally managed yesterday.

The most negative atmosphere at the moment is without doubt Molineux, yet Red Nev sees their crowd as a positive!

Just shows most pundits don't have the foggiest idea about what goes on outside the top teams and the glory of the 'Race for 4th'

Agreed. Wonder how much he got paid for that article?. Nice work if you can get it, being paid for writing such arbitrary dross.

The situation changes more or less on a weekly basis but right now the situation looks bleakest for Wolves and Wigan. Will Steve Morgan have the courage to realise he's made a catastrophic mistake and fire the bullet again I wonder?

It's still too tight to call between us, QPR and Bolton imo but we have every chance if we can carry on creating chances and scoring a reasonable amount of goals as we've done for much of the season. The key will be trying to be a bit tighter at the back and adding one or two more clean sheets to the one we finally managed yesterday.

Eric Black does appear to have shored up the defence, even Hoilet was tracking back well yesterday.

There has been a much more organised defence since Black arrived, coincidence?

And if he does? Bruce will be his most likely port of call, given what's been said in the press. No, to a deal longer than the end of the season then, but now desperation is setting in? And if Bruce says yes, will he come calling for Black? Would he leave?

One thing is for sure if I was Morgan I'd see a lot of benefit in doing the above. Two birds with one stone?

Hope so, it is his job at the end of the day.

Although I didn't think so at half time against Villa. I remember thinking that after two defeats in the first two games including a 7-1 tonking at Arsenal and an absolute drubbing at Citeh after the solitary success v QPR we'd actually gone worse.

Time will tell.

I don't know why anyone is worrying about relegation.

Wolves have gone, QPR not only have a horrendous fixture list but are bang out of luck (it's the unlucky sides that always seem to go) whilst Wigan, possibly have too much to do and they most certainly will have should they lose today.

That leaves us to dispatch a knackered and depleted Sunderland after their FA Quarter next Saturday at Everton (that's where our luck comes in, contrast to QPR), beat Bolton (though their remaining fixtures will give them enough opportunities to survive), where we have a decent record, and if not safe before Wigan at home, beat Wigan. That will give us 34 points and will just be enough.

Only trouble with these rare Rovers' wins, it gives you one helluva a headache after the celebration !

Wolves have gone, QPR not only have a horrendous fixture list but are bang out of luck (it's the unlucky sides that always seem to go) whilst Wigan, possibly have too much to do and they most certainly will have should they lose today.

That leaves us to dispatch a knackered and depleted Sunderland after their FA Quarter next Saturday at Everton (that's where our luck comes in, contrast to QPR), beat Bolton (though their remaining fixtures will give them enough opportunities to survive), where we have a decent record, and if not safe before Wigan at home, beat Wigan. That will give us 34 points and will just be enough.

Only trouble with these rare Rovers' wins, it gives you one helluva a headache after the celebration !

Not if you've given up alcohol for Lent! :D

Agree - there is some real shyte in and around us.

I have always been of the view, this season, that we won't get relegated with Kean however will have a long season of struggle - recently I am more and more convinced that we won't go down. Our run in of fixtures isn't too bad too - just can't see some of the clubs down at the bottom putting a decent run together.

Own up, who's got hold of Mercer's password?

It"s encouraging that the bottom 3 are the teams with the worst current form as if that goes on for a wee while longer we could open up a gap. Just watching Wigan though they always look good but struggle to score. If they win a game or two they could easily go on a run like they did last season. Interesting on Sunday Supplement this morning all the panel spoke about how well we had done recently and about how SK had turned it around and yet when it came to prediction time they all still tipped us to go down. I think we could easily survive now if we can manage another 3 wins. A lot could be down to how much SK has learned from his mistakes because if he reverts to the formation he has played almost all season we will still get beat more often than not and find it hard to keep clean sheets.

Eric Black does appear to have shored up the defence, even Hoilet was tracking back well yesterday.

A caller to Radio Rovers last week stated that it was the first time Kean had made a substitution at half time that was not caused by injury.

Coincidence? Maybe.

Hoilet playing in his best position for the first time for a long time.

Coincidence? Maybe.

The final decision might have been Kean's but I personally am very sceptical he would have reached these decisions without someone else's input.

If we can get 3 points vs Sunderland and other results go our way, we are pretty much safe.

First of all we have to beat Sunderland.

Then we have to kick on and get more wins.

Absolutely no room for complacency.

4 points from our next 2 games would be brilliant. but we havnt won back to back games yet and sunderland have been decent of late. not losing to bolton is vital

1st clean sheet followed by back to back wins

Mmmmmmm

interesting

Archived