BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh, I take it from your location that you're another foreign based fan who didn't have to endure Sam's football first hand week in week out? Was much easier on the eye for you guys, eh? ;)

Actually, I Was happy at the time because we need someone prosaic and capable of grinding out results, which is Sam's forte. He did well and saved us - I've given him credit for that in the past too.

Everything after that was downhill in my eyes - yes we finished 10th but it never felt like any kind of success when you had to sit bored to tears every week.

No, I picked that for a laugh...In fact mate, I used to live on nuttall street and get simon barker and mark patterson chinese chippy dinner in the 6 week hols when I was a kid...maybe sometimes a pie from levers with a milk bottle filled with pure orange juice....I've endured some shyte in my time and I agree that Sam's footie is crap, but I for one wish he was still here now...we would certainly not be pointless after those 3 games.

Come off it Balwer, there were trinagles and back heels agianst Sheff Wed- like we'd have seen anything like that under 'oofball Sam!

That's true. I used to scream at the TV sometimes when Sam was in charge. Why not play Roberts up front on his own for 75 minutes Sam? He could be our David Villa...

No, I picked that for a laugh...In fact mate, I used to live on nuttall street and get simon barker and mark patterson chinese chippy dinner in the 6 week hols when I was a kid...maybe sometimes a pie from levers with a milk bottle filled with pure orange juice....I've endured some shyte in my time and I agree that Sam's footie is crap, but I for one wish he was still here now...we would certainly not be pointless after those 3 games.

Those were the days .... sounds like you started going to Ewood about the same as me (1982)? Much preferred it then to be honest. Yes the ground was a shed, the team average, we had few fans and no money, but the club still had its had soul back then. Now football has become a soulless, money-obsessed procession aimed at corporate and TV fans.

I agree, anyone would be better than the current incumbent, but it appears his conniving with Anderson has made him nigh on unsackable.

Anyway enough about ex-managers - the current parlous state of the club itself is of far greater concern.

Lovely to hear from you again Tris.

Now you can see my memory isn't what it was. For example there's MarkBRFC campaigning against the sacking of Allardyce and warning us all of the dangers of appointing Kean and I can'r remember any of it!

Similarly I don't remember posting on this subject for 4 years or making the above statement but I'm sure you can prove me wrong. A bit of hyperbole when distressed perhaps?

I do remember you though arguing that we should stick with the Trust even though the Trust wanted no more to do with us. Bit odd that I thought at the time. Particularly when they had withdrawn the funding and basically driven out the best manager we ever had in my lifetime apart maybe from King Kenny.

But you know what Tris? I always said I trusted the Trust to do the right thing for us when it came to a sale. With your phenomenal memory you're bound to recall that. I urged the doubters not to worry, the Trust wouldn't sell to anyone shonky.

I got let down there didn't I? So I wanted a sale and you wanted to stick with owners who were prepared to sell to Venkys! We're a couple of idiots aren't we? :D

Sounds like you covered all the bases! You still think sacking Sam was a great decision---tells me all I need to know.

And he was concerned about Sam's dropping points per game ratio!! The irony!

So it seems that when you spent rather a long time arguing with those of us that thought selling the club to a chicken company made no sense, you got let down. Yet the people who wanted Allardyce removed and a better manager installed (not Kean) were covering all the bases? Sounds fair. As for irony, you were concerned that the Trust weren't putting money in for transfers - are you happy now? The irony!

I do wish we had to stop covering the same old ground. As documented several thousand times, no-one expected Sam to be replaced by Kean, even I am sure, the Sam lovers. So do we have to keep sniping about it? Sam has long gone, he isn't likely to be back and surely there are more pressing matters to discuss than what might or not might have been if...

Amen. And that ladies and gentlemen is Sam's tenure in a nut shell.

Maybe to you. To many of us it could be summed up in three words, Premier League survival. But it's nice of you to assume your views reflect the entire fan bases.

In your opinion, enjoying 'playing football the right' way now, are ya?

We're not playing football the 'right way' at the minute, but I suppose you figured this out for yourself.

Plenty of people wanted to see the back of Allardyce. No one could have guessed that Steve Bean would be the permanent replacement though.

Maybe to you. To many of us it could be summed up in three words, Premier League survival. But it's nice of you to assume your views reflect the entire fan bases.

I'm not assuming that my opinion does reflect the entire fan base. It's pretty obvious to me that anything written under my username is my opinion.

We're not playing football the 'right way' at the minute, but I suppose you figured this out for yourself.

Plenty of people wanted to see the back of Allardyce. No one could have guessed that Steve Bean would be the permanent replacement though.

yes and plenty of those who wanted Sam out still give the impression they'd prefer Kean to Allardyce because of the dire football Sam played and how awful it was to watch regardless of the result. Well there is nothing beautiful about the Jason Roberts lone striker thing (Junior Hoilett's occasional briliance notwithstanding) and we are still losing, so I don't see how that comparison holds any water anymore (if it ever did).

So it seems that when you spent rather a long time arguing with those of us that thought selling the club to a chicken company made no sense, you got let down. Yet the people who wanted Allardyce removed and a better manager installed (not Kean) were covering all the bases? Sounds fair. As for irony, you were concerned that the Trust weren't putting money in for transfers - are you happy now? The irony!

Stick 3 quotes from me together out of context, draw your own conclusion from them and then smugly assumed you've gazumped me! Sorry, you need to step up a level.

Finally--is there a better manager than Allardyce given the degree of under-funding he had?---rhetorical question by the way, I won't be "debating" with you.

Stick 3 quotes from me together out of context, draw your own conclusion from them and then smugly assumed you've gazumped me! Sorry, you need to step up a level.

Finally--is there a better manager than Allardyce given the degree of under-funding he had?---rhetorical question by the way, I won't be "debating" with you.

No need to debate with me about Allardyce because I don't think there is a better manager for managing clubs on a budget, but that misses the point I was making.

You can say the quotes are out of context all you like but the fact is you seem to think that anyone who wanted Allardyce replaced got what they deserved and yet you, in wanting the trust replaced (or are you going to deny that now?), somehow got "done" because hey, turns out an Indian chicken company ain't that great at running a football club. Who knew?

You can say the quotes are out of context all you like but the fact is you seem to think that anyone who wanted Allardyce replaced got what they deserved and yet you, in wanting the trust replaced (or are you going to deny that now?), somehow got "done" because hey, turns out an Indian chicken company ain't that great at running a football club. Who knew?

There is a massive difference between getting rid of a manager who had the support of the entire squad and getting results for the club, and owners who were no longer willing to support the club and looking to get rid.

Despite what's been said, they've now brought in Rochina, Formica, Petrovic, Vukcevic, Goodwillie, Ribeiro and possibly 1 or 2 other players in less than a year. These are all good, exciting players with potential. We also brought in Jones and Santa Cruz on loan.

This is miles better than the last years under the trust where our purchases consisted of players like Andrews, Grella, Goulon and Benjani. If not better, then at least not worse.

No it's not exactly the best case scenario we were hoping for, but it's something at least. The point is there's a huge difference between wanting to get rid of the previous manager and the previous owners.

There is a massive difference between getting rid of a manager who had the support of the entire squad and getting results for the club, and owners who were no longer willing to support the club and looking to get rid.

Despite what's been said, they've now brought in Rochina, Formica, Petrovic, Vukcevic, Goodwillie, Ribeiro and possibly 1 or 2 other players in less than a year. These are all good, exciting players with potential. We also brought in Jones and Santa Cruz on loan.

This is miles better than the last years under the trust where our purchases consisted of players like Andrews, Grella, Goulon and Benjani. If not better, then at least not worse.

No it's not exactly the best case scenario we were hoping for, but it's something at least. The point is there's a huge difference between wanting to get rid of the previous manager and the previous owners.

I know what you are saying but Allardyce wanted to leave last summer of his own accord anyway so even if they hadn't sacked him do you think he would still be here now? Speculation but I somehow doubt he'd have put up with all this.

The problems we have now all stem from selling to the wrong people. Back to my earlier post - despite the trusts conditions and fa fit-and-proper tests we all got "done" I guess

No need to debate with me about Allardyce because I don't think there is a better manager for managing clubs on a budget, but that misses the point I was making.

There's a big difference though RTH.

The trust were selling, it wasn't a matter of anyone wanting them replaced, there was no option. I think that was the debate, because some folk argued to keep them.

...sorry, didn't see thew posts above.

The way I'm feeling about our club (and the game in general) right now, I think relegation would be a blessing in disguise if it got Anderson & co. to pack up and saw the club return to safe hands. The consequences may be dire, but at least we'd be shot of the parasites eating our club from inside and put an end to our whored attempts to keep on the PL gravy train...which in itself, has become a busted flush.

Looking at our next few fixtures, our manager, Agent Anderson and our owners, I can honestly say we will be likely to be relegated in my opinion.

Relegation? Relegation is almost a certainty even though it is still only August BUT I very much doubt the nightmare will end there.

Yeah, if you're going to make false accusations, as least get the right person. :glare:

I never campaigned AGAINST Sam's sacking - I was all for it, still am and stand by that although I did think it a risk timing-wise (and said so at the time). Not because it was Sam and losing him would be any great shakes, purely because changing manager mid-season is always risky. Back then, Jol was nailed on favourite, and Kean was only a temporary measure - again, a situation I was happy with. When Kean got the gig full time, I DID express reservations on here, although I also said he deserved a chance. As for now, well I think he has to go, but I would wait until the end of the transfer window at least. No changing tune, no revisions of history - that's my position, and was all along. Clear enough now?

It tells you that I'm not a Sam fan, could see we'd become stale (his points per game ratio declined season on season under his tenure),

Clear enough now? :tu:

"no revisions of history" eh?

It's clear enough now that you are nothing more than a base LIAR! Someone who is willing to fabricate lies and ignore facts in an effort to deceive and mislead others.

To retain any credibility for your miserable and churlish stance you must post a retraction.

Relegation? Relegation is almost a certainty even though it is still only August BUT I very much doubt the nightmare will end there.

If we were to stay up, by dint of a religious miracle, then it would only be a stay of execution.

To get rid of the parasite, it might require the host to go on life support.

If (double?) relegation hastens a new era for the club with owners who have a frigging clue what they're doing, then we have to swallow the pill.

Venky's are going to be infamous when this is all over. Their brand name is going to be a by-word for incompetence, over-preened ego and financial ineptitude.

When we're all inspecting the smoking wreckage, I hope they're satisfied.

I know it is all rumours and stories, but if they're true, we're on our way to being the next Bradford City or Oldham. The more I hear about Anderson, management consultants and so on the more I just wish the Indians would just eff off ASAP. Even Gaddaffi would do a better job than these pathetic bunch of substandard fools. Blackburn Rovers has been brought down by an allegedly fishy deal involving a diseased parasite and a family of naive idiots.

I know I have been quite harsh of the negative posters before, and I'd take this opportunity to apologise and say that they were right. I was hoping against hope that the disaster would stop.

Amen. And that ladies and gentlemen is Sam's tenure in a nut shell.

To summarise Allardyces tenure... We all know the football on offer was pragmatic rather than inspiring BUT he habitually finished midtable / top half (with obvious increased revenue) even though his budget was in the bottom 3. In anybody's book that is some performance.

However it's been clear for some time that Allardyce was sacked not cos of the impossible expectations of MarkBRFC71, Topman, dgs, Abbey, Tris, waggy et al, not cos of bruised sentimentalities and the need for revenge of ther goons who initially backed Ince's appointment and were embittered when proved totally wrong, not cos of the entertainment value of the football, not cos we were in danger of relegation, not cos of off-field scandals, not cos of not cos of not cos of anything......... Truth is that Allardyce was sacked simply to facilitate a massive financial swindle of both our club and it's owners! (by persons and organisations unnamed <_< )! He (and Williams) were simply obstacles in the way of that plan who needed to be removed.

Anybody who can find reason to continually support and defend those events is either foolish or malicious and can be no supporter of BRFC.

I know what you are saying but Allardyce wanted to leave last summer of his own accord anyway so even if they hadn't sacked him do you think he would still be here now?

And..... ?

So he's right up there with Carey, Furphy, Lee, Kendall, Dalglish and Hughes. All the best managers of the last half century who left our club for greener grass whilst their stock waqs high. Nothing wrong with that when you consider that we sacked all the others remember. What manager worth his salt would not have ambitions to manage higher up the tree?

Archived