BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

Was it:

A ) Balaji read Mrs D's copy of Mike Jackman's a History of Blackburn Rovers and wants a chapter all about himself in the next edition?

B ) Nick Harris, Chief Sports Writer of the Mail on Sunday told me so it must be true?

C ) The use of black humour to explain the paranormal or an otherwise totally inexplicable apparition (Kean remaining as manager of BRFC)?

I feel sorry for the Rovers Fans who encourage your ramblings.

Go have a lie down.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like when people said Hoilett wouldn't sign a new deal under Kean, Samba would be going, Formica was atrocious, we wouldn't be able to attract the likes of Dann and other so called truths.

Whilst things at the club aren't perfect, too many people are overly negative. You'd think that they'd be clinging on to small victories like those listed above, but in fact they barely get excited when they are proved wrong. If I was so downbeat I'd sure as hell be happy when I was proved wrong.

"Whilst things at the club aren't perfect...."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o

It's like when people said Hoilett wouldn't sign a new deal under Kean, Samba would be going, Formica was atrocious, we wouldn't be able to attract the likes of Dann and other so called truths.

Whilst things at the club aren't perfect, too many people are overly negative. You'd think that they'd be clinging on to small victories like those listed above, but in fact they barely get excited when they are proved wrong. If I was so downbeat I'd sure as hell be happy when I was proved wrong.

Yeah like when people say we are playing entertaining football, enjoying excellent but unlucky displays, have the biggest budget ever available, looking at signing Galacticos, Kean is a master tactician and excellent manager, top 4, 6 , 8 etc and 'other so called truths'.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is results on the pitch and the last time I looked we were bottom of the league, played 3 lost 3. Until our amazing young manager and the amazing players recruited start performing and winning some POINTS then people will understandably remain hugely concerned.

if this drink driver is still in charge by the end of this month we are as good as down whoever then comes to manage us.. unless we invest huge sums at xmas for the next manager which I can't see happening sadly we will do well to end 19 with this vulgar naive scot in charge

It's like when people said Hoilett wouldn't sign a new deal under Kean

He hasn't [yet]

Samba would be going

We were saved by a lack of bids from the other clubs. We were never gonna let him go sub £10m but had one of the big ones came in on the last day witha big offer and he'd have been off. Kean pretty much admitted as much in today's LT.

, Formica was atrocious

Can't remember anyone calling Formica 'atrocious' (strawman?) but he certainly wasn't PL quality when he first came in January according to those who saw him in the reserves/training. If that's what they saw at the time they were right to report it.

But, Formica still has a hell of a lot to prove, I don't think you can cite a couple of PL appearances and a good goal in pre-season as proof those with doubts about are wrong.

, we wouldn't be able to attract the likes of Dann and other so called truths.

We wouldn't have attracted Dann earlier in the window, he was being quoted as a £10m plus player and had 'Pool and LeArse sniffing about. I think it's clear from his interview that he joined us because he didn't want to stay in the Championship and was running out of serious options. The big boys moved on so it was either join us or stay in the fizzy pop league.

jb, the better team than what? wolves? no we werent, we deserved to lose that, villa? again we were outplayed most of the game and everton, yes we were the better team for most of the match but we didnt take our chances and they did, what makes you think yakabu will convert these chances you talk about? i really think your steve kean's P.R man.

Oh dear. I'm not sure how i can make it more obvious i'm being sarcastic, so in future I'll send you a PM so you dont make silly cock ups like the above quote.

Gord how the hell you can blame a few on here is ludicrous! I never wanted ince ! We've been kippered by the lunes from Pune and agent scumbag! Not by us wanting zzzam out!If as you put it wags n us got him sacked then why is kean still here

It seems pretty obvious now that a certain Dodgepot of our recent aquaintence highlighted the growing discontent from the 4-4-2 Blackburn End anti allardyce brigade to shoehorn Allardyce out. We all know now that the reason for that was not to improve the football or the situation for brfc. It was simply to make a swift buck out of naive new owners. Williams following Sam out the door was the last obstacle to that plan removed.

No matter what anybody's opinion of Allardyce was the club is now much weaker without him. Ditto with Williams.

It seems pretty obvious now that a certain Dodgepot of our recent aquaintence highlighted the growing discontent from the 4-4-2 Blackburn End anti allardyce brigade to shoehorn Allardyce out. We all know now that the reason for that was not to improve the football or the situation for brfc. It was simply to make a swift buck out of naive new owners. Williams following Sam out the door was the last obstacle to that plan removed.

No matter what anybody's opinion of Allardyce was the club is now much weaker without him. Ditto with Williams.

Completely and utterly deluded.

The Ronnie Clayton Blackburn End supported the manager, like they're supporting Kean, but in private some wanted him out, same with Kean.

You want to try attending games, the 19 hole isn't where its at :wacko:

Guest Rovers4Good

I like when said that our squad is good enough to stay up. :) Robinson (top goalie), Salgado (past it), Samba (doesn't want to be here anymore), Danns (good defender could be a top buy), Givet (alright), Pederson (doesn't perform well on a regular basis), Dunn (sicknote), Nzonzi (potential in abundence), Hoilett (class), Olsen (class), Roberts (average Championship striker), Yakubu (plays with a caravan on his back), Goodwillie (a prospect).

Yes we have a decent squad but one which is not performing at the moment and maybe it's the manager or maybe that the players simply aren't good enough anymore. Kean is a man well out of his depth and let's hope he goes soon but something really isn't right with Venkys in charge and i'm not sure we are going in the right direction with them in charge.

Against Everton we showed some real signs of promise but we couldn't finish so let's see what the next few games hold but i'm not holding out for anything positive with Kean and Venkys in charge. :(

Completely and utterly deluded.

The Ronnie Clayton Blackburn End supported the manager, like they're supporting Kean, but in private some wanted him out, same with Kean.

Rubbish! The booing at the end of the Wolves match was done in private was it? You are either stupid and naive beyond all redemption or you have a malicious long standing agenda against BRFC.

I think we can safely assume that the latter is not the case.

• 3 weeks later...

It's curious, looking at Oddscheckers odds. Looks to the likes of SkyBet and Bet365 like it's a 4-horse race for relegation. Norwich, Swansea, us and Wigan. We are 5-4 against, Wigan 11-8. Next worst is Bolton at 3-1 against. Kean again by far most likely 'manager to leave' at 4-6 on. All others at least 5-1 against. Remember United 7-goal defeat and Allardyce. If repeat with City, he's gone.

Also about the odds, though WBA and Fulham below or points-equal with us, they are 7-2 and 8-1 against. This is the 'manager factor' for sure.

Archived