BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

If we are adrift there is more emphasis on any managerial change having to be a very good one (ie a manager who can come in and hit the ground running).

Imagine a manager who can't hit the ground running + a squad who haven't hit the ground running! God we're in a mess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think we can get out of this. 6 wins in 29 games to date. So if Kean maintains his current record we will definetly go down.

Starting next Saturday we have to improve our form by 100% to survive. I don't believe it's possible.

I don't believe Balaji when he says he will not allow the club to go down.

One place decided, two to go.

I wonder what will happen WHEN we are relegated? What will the owners say and what will they do? If Kean is still here when we are relegated ( I write when, because its pretty obvious we will go down with Kean, everyone knows that, except the owners) will he then get sacked or do they think he is capable of getting us up to the PL again (and then it will be the same old story all over again, except this time in the Championship).

2012 - I think the mayans were right after all when they predicted 2012 as the "end of the world"

:rolleyes:

• Backroom

Close to impossible for us to get out of this now.

I think attention should turn towards how we survive in the Championship. Will the owners try to sell? I think they probably will... Rovers in the Championship will literally be worth nothing to them. They had their chance in the summer to prove their commitment to the team by investing and they blew it. We bought cheap, young and/or untested players. We spent less than we raked in.

I think "the dream" is dead... it's just a case of how bad the nightmare is going to be.

The only chance of surviving now is sacking Kean before the Norwich match and having a good manager in place. Three points against Norwich would be huge but can only see a draw or a defeat with Kean in charge, with a good manager maybe all three points.

Never mind lad we may be playing you next season. You are correct with your comments though.

I'll not deny I would like that,(us up, you down) but what your owners are doing to you fans is a disgrace, and even your bitterest rivals should have solidarity for you.

29 games left, 35 points needed.

We're going to lose at least another 9 games, so from the other 20 games Kean, or some other poor soul has to find us 35 points.

It's too late now folks.

We're staring into the abyss and there is no guarantee whatsoever that Venky's won't attempt to cast us off in the summer. Fire sales and parachute payments should get most of their money back, as would a sale of non-playing assets.

If Kean is sacked now there is still a glimmer of a chance. It's waveringly flickering though and about to go out for good...

29 games left, 35 points needed.

We're going to lose at least another 9 games, so from the other 20 games Kean, or some other poor soul has to find us 35 points.

It's too late now folks.

You've been hammering this point for some time Den and it needs to be more widely absorbed. Kean obviously can take us nowhere but down. His 30 games have given us 27 points-----34 points over a whole season and no Allardyce buffer to save us.

However, Kean's average is actually going down! His 5 points from 9 games this season would see us with 21 points!!!!!!!!!

And most people would feel the first 9 games have not been as challenging as they could have been. Certainly not as bad as Bolton's.

Every extra game he gets takes us nearer to the drop and makes the job of his successor even harder. And that's assuming Venkys make a good choice!

I'm with you------ even if Venkys acted now, 5 points with almost a quarter of the season gone leaves us in an almost impossible situation.

People thought we would survive this season because there would be at least 3 teams worse than us. where are they?

With Norwich away and Chelsea at home next, I'd expect us to be on 5 points or 6 from 11 games.

We are going down :angry2:

years and years of hardwork by their predecessors has been undone in just 12 months, we went back up within 2 seasons the last time, that wont happen this time, once we are down, i beleive we staying there because unlike last time, we are no longer the big boys. There are clubs in the championship who are far wealthier than us and who have 'proper football people' in charge, when it inevitably happens, i hope the venkys take a running jump off a very high cliff.

• Backroom

An interesting point for Bolton fans who dont seem as vocal.

Last 18 league games

P18 W3 D7 L8 – PTS 16 - Kean @ Blackburn

P18 W4 D0 L14 – PTS 12 - Coyle @ Bolton

The one huge difference is that Coyle has a track record and the Bolton fans were happy to have him come in as their manager, particularly after Megson.

In contrast, we sacked a perfectly competent manager, replaced him with a man nobody has heard of with no track record to speak of... and the obvious has occured.

The situations aren't comparable, regardless of those stats.

The one huge difference is that Coyle has a track record and the Bolton fans were happy to have him come in as their manager, particularly after Megson.

In contrast, we sacked a perfectly competent manager, replaced him with a man nobody has heard of with no track record to speak of... and the obvious has occured.

The situations aren't comparable, regardless of those stats.

That is quite interesting. I though we had lost more games.

Perception eh?

• Backroom

FWIW, whilst I understand why the Bolton fans aren't protesting like we are... I do think they're in big trouble. They've been horrendous for some time now and Coyle doesn't seem to know how to turn it around.

Still, you'd have more faith in him than Kean. I think the Bolton fans will start to grumble strongly in the next few weeks if things don't improve.

Archived