BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Venky's want a truly unique achievement to distinguish their tenure and rather fancy getting the plaudits for worst ever start by Rovers since the league began.

They will let Kean chalk that one up and then decide if they really do want to risk his inability to organise a defense and the consequences of it getting exposed by an Arsenal side with a collective sore head on their next visit to the north west.

I think Venky's want a truly unique achievement to distinguish their tenure and rather fancy getting the plaudits for worst ever start by Rovers since the league began.

What braincell did you fart that one out of?

What braincell did you fart that one out of?

Was it:

A ) Balaji read Mrs D's copy of Mike Jackman's a History of Blackburn Rovers and wants a chapter all about himself in the next edition?

B ) Nick Harris, Chief Sports Writer of the Mail on Sunday told me so it must be true?

C ) The use of black humour to explain the paranormal or an otherwise totally inexplicable apparition (Kean remaining as manager of BRFC)?

To assess the upcoming season and the relegation battle.

There are quite a numerous of teams who look weak on paper and will be dragged into the battle.

Wigan: Lost Nzogbia. Havent really replaced him. Almost went down last year, might do the same this year.

Swansea: Looks certain for the drop.

QPR: People raving about their transfer window, but I can only see Joey Barton and to an extent SWP making an improvement. Shuffling and begin playing with a totally new back four is risky. Anton Ferdinand isnt that good either.

Newcastle: Have struggled to get fire power upfront and have lost Joey Barton. A couple of injuries on player such as Tiote and they might be in freefall.

Norwich: Think they will struggle.

Bolton: Have lost Elmander who were good for them last year. Did keep Gary Cahill and has a solid back four. They will as us struggle to get the goals. The score against QPR did flatter them. Think they will stay up, but they will have to fight hard.

Everton: Some exciting young guns like us, but they looked extremely weak against us at Ewood Park. Arteta was the matchwinner on penalties and dictated a lot of play for them. They have a dismotivated Moyes as manager and I can see them struggling as well.

Rovers: We will struggle and have to fight. Happy with some of the aquisitions made, but too much pressure put on the YAK-ATTACK and Goodwillie. I think we have more goals in our midfield than earlier and the other teams around us. Petrovic, nzonzi, vukcevic Dunn all hitting goals this season. I expect 5+ from Formica , Goodwillie and YAK. Our big question mark isnt squad, but the manager and that is something that might divide us from other teams such as QPR, Bolton, Newcaslte and Everton who all have shrewd and experienced managers.

Been an interesting window for all teams. Some have had some real quality and are much stronger than they were last summer. Whilst others have had a nightmare summer and on paper look in a far more worst position than Rovers.

Key to our season is how quickly these players bed in?

Against Everton not ONE Kean signing started the match, However following the enforced substitutions we looked a better team.

Wholesale changes is a gamble, but with teams like Everton losing Key players and not replacing them, I'd be more worried being a Toffee fan for the remainder of the season.

Anderson now out of the equation is a massive plus for us as fans, as his involvement has seriously risked the future if the club. This should have happened months ago, so that we was not rushing around on Wednesday to tie up new players, and if it had, our budget would have been much greater.

Points mean prizes and now the time for talk must end, Its a results business and although Kean appears to have had a stay of execution, he ultimately will be judged on results over the next month.

To assess the upcoming season and the relegation battle.

There are quite a numerous of teams who look weak on paper and will be dragged into the battle.

Wigan: Lost Nzogbia. Havent really replaced him. Almost went down last year, might do the same this year.

Swansea: Looks certain for the drop.

QPR: People raving about their transfer window, but I can only see Joey Barton and to an extent SWP making an improvement. Shuffling and begin playing with a totally new back four is risky. Anton Ferdinand isnt that good either.

Newcastle: Have struggled to get fire power upfront and have lost Joey Barton. A couple of injuries on player such as Tiote and they might be in freefall.

Norwich: Think they will struggle.

Bolton: Have lost Elmander who were good for them last year. Did keep Gary Cahill and has a solid back four. They will as us struggle to get the goals. The score against QPR did flatter them. Think they will stay up, but they will have to fight hard.

Everton: Some exciting young guns like us, but they looked extremely weak against us at Ewood Park. Arteta was the matchwinner on penalties and dictated a lot of play for them. They have a dismotivated Moyes as manager and I can see them struggling as well.

Rovers: We will struggle and have to fight. Happy with some of the aquisitions made, but too much pressure put on the YAK-ATTACK and Goodwillie. I think we have more goals in our midfield than earlier and the other teams around us. Petrovic, nzonzi, vukcevic Dunn all hitting goals this season. I expect 5+ from Formica , Goodwillie and YAK. Our big question mark isnt squad, but the manager and that is something that might divide us from other teams such as QPR, Bolton, Newcaslte and Everton who all have shrewd and experienced managers.

All the teams above have points though where we do not. And all of them have managers.

If Anderson is out glen, why the hell is Kean manager?

Look at it another way, They are now being advised by someone else (Remember these owners do not know anything about football)

Its not a case of IF but WHEN now, that day is coming. All target list were ripped up over the weekend,

It was unwise to remove the Manager whilst the window had a few days to run, Now they will be taking advise from those who helped push the transfer dead line deals over the line.

If Anderson is out glen, why the hell is Kean manager?

Anderson has been out since March last season Matty, in his capacity as adviser that is.

He runs a football agency, so players will be passed to Ewood for consideration, but he's certainly not advising the Roas anymore.

Kean is still manager because the owners believe in him, simple as that, Anderson has no bearing on Keans position whatsoever.

Anderson has been out since March last season Matty, in his capacity as adviser that is.

He runs a football agency, so players will be passed to Ewood for consideration, but he's certainly not advising the Roas anymore.

Kean is still manager because the owners believe in him, simple as that, Anderson has no bearing on Keans position whatsoever.

This is not true!!!

Anderson has been very much in the pie, and used alternative tactics to control things, Anderson's card was finally marked last week, so be under no illusions that he went months ago.

So did Anderson pull a cunning stunt that backfired, or make promises he couldn't keep? It seems odd that he has suddenly been dumped after he allegedly left a few months ago. And does that mean a new shifty agent type has taken his place i.e. Pin Zahavi?

Anyway, if we get a real manager, we'll avoid relegation.

Anyway, if we get a real manager, we'll avoid relegation.

Everything is so black and white.

It's like when Allardyce left and we were destined for relegation.

And when Kean took over and we were even more destined for relegation.

Relegation is black & white, you either get relegated or you don't.

But you talk about it as though it is inevitable.

It is not.

Last season we were due to be relegated due to two factors:

Minus 1X Allardyce.

Plus 1X Kean.

We were not relegated even though there was zero chance of us surviving with either of the above points applying.

Don't talk black and white when things aren't until they have happened.

This is not true!!!

Anderson has been very much in the pie, and used alternative tactics to control things, Anderson's card was finally marked last week, so be under no illusions that he went months ago.

We'll have to agree to disagree then glen, if his card was marked only last week, why was he sat holding hands with the Roas last Wednesday?

The day he dropped his invoice on Mrs D's desk for the Rochina deal was around the time he was moved out of the picture and moved out of Brockhall, they've since made up.

It doesn't really matter anyway.

It's like when people said Hoilett wouldn't sign a new deal under Kean, Samba would be going, Formica was atrocious, we wouldn't be able to attract the likes of Dann and other so called truths.

Whilst things at the club aren't perfect, too many people are overly negative. You'd think that they'd be clinging on to small victories like those listed above, but in fact they barely get excited when they are proved wrong. If I was so downbeat I'd sure as hell be happy when I was proved wrong.

Who said we were DEFINITELY going down last season? We entered the new year with plenty of points, so it wasn't inevitable.

It's not certain under Kean this season either, but if it was my club I wouldn't be taking any chances that he would get me 40 points from 35 games.

Everything is so black and white.

It's like when Allardyce left and we were destined for relegation.

And when Kean took over and we were even more destined for relegation.

I know you're Venkys biggest cheerleader, but even you must see that we have a reasonable squad that can avoid relegation. Yet we only just missed it last season by the skin of our teeth. So it stands to reason that something is wrong. And that thing is Kean, whose record speaks for itself. Get a decent manager in who doesn't play his bum bandits like Roberts and puts any other goal scorer on the bench for the next game and we'll be a hell of a lot better off. A blind man on a galloping horse can see that. And by labelling me as one of the professional moaners you have made yourself look a bit silly with such a sweeping statement. I was willing to give Venkys and Kean a chance, and hoped they would deliver. They haven't.

Did that tattoo of the Rao brothers hurt much? I have always wondered how much they hurt.

Speaking bunkum again I see GAV.

I don't tell porkies Matty, this is from inside the club, the same source that told us we're after Raul when everyone else said it was bunkum, so make of that what you will.

Archived