BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Yakubu

• Backroom

Looks like all of you are right. On the clip I watched they said it was Lowe.

I'm pretty sure on sky sports commentary they said it was Lowe, even though it was definitely Orr.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's definitely got a chance - we must be due to get a couple of penalties and (hint to ref on Saturday) we often get awarded one or two against Bolton.

Rovers wont get many penalties if the crowd keeps singing that stupid song that praises cheating, 'Martin Olsson took a dive'.

Come on guys and gals drop this song please.

What are his exact stats?

I've just seen this but not sure if it's correct:

LEAGUE

Appearances - 20 (1)

Goals - 14

CUP

Appearances - 1 (2)

Goals - 1

OVERALL

Appearances - 21 (3)

Goals - 15

Absolutely fantastic for a player in a struggling team and would still be very good for someone playing for one of the big guns.

I'd say he has an outside chance of reaching 20 in the league given some of our fixtures and a decent possibility of getting 20 in all competitions (such is the big difference the one in the cup makes when there are so few games left and the quality of some of the teams we will play).

Who was the last striker to reach twenty in the league?

I dont know but I doubt you'll have to go back to many seasons to find someone.

Yak has done very well for us though, he's probably kept us in this league with his goals.

I was wondering if it was Bellamy, but then I thought he may have just missed out with injuries. Don't have time to check unfortunately.

I was wondering if it was Bellamy, but then I thought he may have just missed out with injuries. Don't have time to check unfortunately.

2007/08 SantaCruz scored 23 in all competitions

2006/07 McCarthy scored 24 in all comps

2005/06 Bellamy scored 17 in all comp

None scored 20 in the league

2007/08 SantaCruz scored 23 in all competitions

2006/07 McCarthy scored 24 in all comps

2005/06 Bellamy scored 17 in all comp

None scored 20 in the league

Sweet. I'll have a look further back now I've got a bit more time and see exactly when the last player for us scored 20+ goals in the top league.

Sweet. I'll have a look further back now I've got a bit more time and see exactly when the last player for us scored 20+ goals in the top league.

It must have been Shearer. Jansen scored 23 league goals in the promotion season 2000/01

• 2 weeks later...

an article in the Sunday People written by Dean Jones is saying that the Yak wants to leave

the article says"

Yakubu is set to quit Blackburn this summer- even if they stay up.

The Nigerian Striker is among the Premier League's top scorers this season after hitting the net 14 times.

But he is unhappy with the way things are working out at Ewood Park and is looking for a new challenge as he believes he can earn a move to a bigger club.

His exit would be a disaster for struggling Rovers, who are also going to Junior Hoilett. As revealed by People Sport, the Canadian winger is planning a switch to Bayern Munich at end of the season.

Blackburn will fight to keep hold of their top scorer but realise it is going to be tough - and they have already begun looking for a new forward for next season as they desperately try to avoid more difficulties next term.

I wonder if this is why we at looking to sign Gignac???

I wonder if this is why we at looking to sign Gignac???

This is the April Fool's bit.

Ever the optimist, Chaddy.

We will lose our "best" players and buy more dross - whether we stay up or go down.

This is the April Fool's bit.

Ever the optimist, Chaddy.

We will lose our "best" players and buy more dross - whether we stay up or go down.

why is it? wasn't Kean in Marsille on Wednesday watching Gignac. Alan Nixon did the story on Thursday edition of the paper!

why is it? wasn't Kean in Marsille on Wednesday watching Gignac. Alan Nixon did the story on Thursday edition of the paper!

He can watch who he likes. We have no money - and no-one to sell for big bucks.

If Nicko printed it, it must be true. :rolleyes:

In fact, go back to the transfer thread and look at the players we were linked with and who we eventually signed.

We got lucky with Yak - for half a season anyway. He's a lot of cheek to leak out that he wants to leave.

Everyone is leaving in the summer - even if we stay up, Robinson, Olsson, N'Zonzi, Hoilett, Yakubu, Hanley and absolutely anyone else who has done anything at all to attract an offer. Also Rochina and Formica are homesick. No money will be spent on replacements as the cash is airlifted to India.

Archived