BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Yakubu

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

He seemed to work a bit harder today. Nothing but praise for him. If only he'd been on the pitch to take pennos against everton. He never looks like he's going to miss. Seems to wait for the keeper to commit before deciding which way to go.

Bargain of the season without a doubt.

He seemed to work a bit harder today. Nothing but praise for him. If only he'd been on the pitch to take pennos against everton. He never looks like he's going to miss. Seems to wait for the keeper to commit before deciding which way to go.

Bargain of the season without a doubt.

Agree with most of that Ricky but IMO bargain of the season has to be Demba Ba at Newcastle, on a free as well!

If we could get someone to support Yak then I'd be happy as he will go through a dry spell and when that happens who is going to score goals for us?

Agree with most of that Ricky but IMO bargain of the season has to be Demba Ba at Newcastle, on a free as well!

If we could get someone to support Yak then I'd be happy as he will go through a dry spell and when that happens who is going to score goals for us?

Ah yes Demba Ba, the player mr Nixon said we should stay away from.

Reading some crap on twitter about him being recalled to the Nigerian international squad, didn't he retire?

Don't know but there was a story recently about a possible recall over at soccerway, I linked to it here somewhere, there new coach Keshi was considering him at this time and one of the Nigerian Vets, I'm not sure if it was Kanu or who but he was against this.

Over at the Sunderland fan site, they had some sort of thread on him but I didn't bother to read it. I hope it's not about the transfer market.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nigeria head coach, Stephen Keshi, has handed Yakubu Aiyegbeni .. recalls to the Super Eagles for the 2013 Afcon qualifying against Rwanda.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/120216/Goats_no_more_Yak_Kaita_recalled

Hard to see any upsides of this. They play Rwanda at Wed 29th, sandwiched by City and Villa at Sat before and after.

Archived