BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Yakubu

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it the first time a Rovers striker has scored 4 goals in a Premiership league game?

Don't ever remember Big Al doing it.

Garner was the last in 86

Yakubu is only the second player to score 4 goals in a premier league match for two different teams.

Berbatov the other one

His Rovers record so far :tu:

2mgwo0j.jpg

He now has 10 goals, the same number of goals that Roberts has managed in the league for us in the 09/10 season, 10/11 season and the current season - total of 63 games, for 10 goals.

Are the starts and subs categories the amount of minutes he played?

Rochina should partner yak upfront.Rochina is wasted in midfield his awareness and skill would create lots of chances for yakubu.I wouldnt mind if we sold hoillet ,he aint that fast either ,over 5 yards he motors but vukcevic(sp) looks a quality international class player .There is alot of good options in the squad to set up with two upfront ,just a shame our pretend manager cant organise it though.

Kean brought him in one way or another. You can blame him for the transfers he's got wrong but only if you can credit him when he got it right. I dont like fans who will easily blame the manager when he gets it wrong and then deny he deserves any credit when (very rarely) he gets things right.

Credit where its due, Yakubu has done far better than any of us thought.

And Im not a Steve Kean fan by any means.

I will not give the man any credit for what was a shot in the dark, the same man who didn't get the job on merit, who has taken us to the brink of relegation twice, and who continually lies to save his own skin and disrespects the fans.

He talks about having no luck, the man is lucky to be anywhere near a football field. He's lucky that we have owners who give him unconditional free reign at Ewood. He's lucky that Yakubu managed to buy him more time yesterday. And if he gets sacked the good luck continues as he leaves Ewood a millionaire. Both of our two wins this season have been very lucky afternoons for Steve Kean.

So apologies if I find it difficult to give him any credit at all.

You don't like fans who blame him for getting things wrong then deny he deserves any credit? Bit of misplaced anger there don't you think if that sort of stuff makes you think less of folks? All things considered :rock:

Rochina should partner yak upfront.Rochina is wasted in midfield his awareness and skill would create lots of chances for yakubu.I wouldnt mind if we sold hoillet ,he aint that fast either ,over 5 yards he motors but vukcevic(sp) looks a quality international class player .There is alot of good options in the squad to set up with two upfront ,just a shame our pretend manager cant organise it though.

Agree with this. A manager with a bit of savvy would be playing Yak and Rochina. Rochina isn't a midfielder.

And if he gets sacked the good luck continues as he leaves Ewood a millionaire. Both of our two wins this season have been very lucky afternoons for Steve Kean.

Seriously. Your bias towards Kean is blocking rational thoughts.

I agree we were lucky against Arsenal, but not yesterday. And we have been equally unlucky against Spurs, Norwich, Everton, Fulham etc.

Seriously. Your bias towards Kean is blocking rational thoughts.

I agree we were lucky against Arsenal, but not yesterday. And we have been equally unlucky against Spurs, Norwich, Everton, Fulham etc.

He was lucky, because Yakubu got his scoring boots on.

Had he not have taken that shot in the dark, because no other striker would join us on deadline day, we may have not scored the necessary goals yesterday. It's no secret that Yakubu was way down his shopping list.

Do you see Roberts taking those chances? Scoring two-three-four? Even one? Without Yakubu yesterday we'd have struggled against a newly promoted Swansea who can't win away.

He was lucky, because Yakubu got his scoring boots on.

Had he not have taken that shot in the dark, because no other striker would join us on deadline day, we may have not scored the necessary goals yesterday. It's no secret that Yakubu was way down his shopping list.

Do you see Roberts taking those chances? Scoring two-three-four? Even one? Without Yakubu yesterday we'd have struggled against a newly promoted Swansea who can't win away.

Seriously though.

He was unlucky because Goodwillie didnt continue hos goal scoring record from the SPL?

Didnt garner get 4 at home to city, same day as hillsborough i think

No mate, Andy Kennedy scored the 1st that day, SG got a hatrick, My cousin was mascot for Rovers that day, day before my 9th birthday. mint day soon turned horrible on the way home from the ground.

Archived