BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Yakubu

I'd like to see Goodwillie and Yakubu play together, we need goals and seeing as we're shipping them in regardless we may as well play with another striker.

Who would you drop though? Personally if we are going to play 442 I would play Hoilett up top with the Yak. He is out most dangerous player and defending poorly so it makes more sense than sticking a player in Goodwillie who fails to look penetrating at all.

Robinson

Lowe---Samba---Givet----Olsson

Rochina---Nzonzi----Pedersen---Formica

Yakubu---Hoilett

Still personally think that we have to play five in midfield to have any chance of competing for possession. Hopefully with Lowe and Olsson back we will be able to put in defensive performances more like Norwich, Chelsea and Spurs which were on the whole decent.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would you drop though? Personally if we are going to play 442 I would play Hoilett up top with the Yak. He is out most dangerous player and defending poorly so it makes more sense than sticking a player in Goodwillie who fails to look penetrating at all.

Robinson

Lowe---Samba---Givet----Olsson

Rochina---Nzonzi----Pedersen---Formica

Yakubu---Hoilett

Still personally think that we have to play five in midfield to have any chance of competing for possession. Hopefully with Lowe and Olsson back we will be able to put in defensive performances more like Norwich, Chelsea and Spurs which were on the whole decent.

Rumours abound that Goodwillie can in fact be very penetrating when he wants!

I think because both the Yak and Junior are lazy you just can't play them together it'll be like defending with 8 men.

• 2 weeks later...

well, after all the talk,promises, and striker names banded about; this signing of YAK is a HUGE let down and anyone trying to spin it any other way.. is kidding themselves or trying to kid others!

i still reiterate what i said yesterday about YAK... and if you all thought benni mac was lazy.. wait til you see this guy. :(

it also appears rovers were the only prem side in for him :( that tells a story.

:rolleyes:

Watch him bang 15+ goals in this season.

:tu:

• Backroom

Yakubu used to be a fierce prospect to play against your side.

Funny thing is I bet if you took a goal compilation off youtube and put it against some random name a rival team had signed for x million there would be loads on here saying 'we should be all over that'

The man scores goals and I think he will for us.

Ahem

• Backroom

Yakubu clearly still has what it takes, but without a decent midfield & defence behind him it simply won't be enough.

Fair play to him though, he's proven a lot of people (including myself) wrong.

The context of the situation means that his four goal haul today will probably not get the recognition it deserves. Hrs done something no Rovers player has done in 25 years. Not Shearer, not Sutton, Gally, Jansen, Cole, Benni or Santa Cruz. If I had been going on I would be tempted to say he's building up a cult status at Ewood?

And he's only 28-29 ..... Allegedly.

Buy of the season, just a shame it took Kean 10 games to realise he was our best forward.

On Radio Rovers he explained that it was because he was just getting up to full match fitness.

Exactly, and while we're at it lets give Kean some credit for bringing him in :tu:

I won't give Kean any credit. He didn't want Yakubu, he was what third/fourth choice? He wanted Pavone! Last minute, last ditch desperate clutching at straws signing. And he got lucky. Very lucky considering todays result as without him we'd have most probably lost the game.

Exactly, and while we're at it lets give Kean some credit for bringing him in :tu:

I agree it hard to deny Kean that one particularly for 1.5 m, I don't understand why nobody took the chance on him.

I think Kean got lucky with this one, it was never a target but a desperate last minute move.

On Radio Rovers he explained that it was because he was just getting up to full match fitness.

I won't give Kean any credit. He didn't want Yakubu, he was what third/fourth choice? He wanted Pavone! Last minute, last ditch desperate clutching at straws signing. And he got lucky. Very lucky considering todays result as without him we'd have most probably lost the game.

Kean brought him in one way or another. You can blame him for the transfers he's got wrong but only if you can credit him when he got it right. I dont like fans who will easily blame the manager when he gets it wrong and then deny he deserves any credit when (very rarely) he gets things right.

Credit where its due, Yakubu has done far better than any of us thought.

And Im not a Steve Kean fan by any means.

Archived