BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Yakubu

Reality Check needed people

Yakubu may look like John Amos and nobody really knows his age but the man scores goals.

Before we start complaining just remember we wanted an experienced Premiership goalscorer and Yakubu has hit 122 goals in 322 games in English football...remind me who else we were after with that kind of record?

Well, at least Leavers have got a replacement for Benni Mac.

To be fair, Yakubu aside, a decent window for us. Certainly better than in the latter days of the Trust. Points on the board now.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Yakubu used to be a fierce prospect to play against your side.

Funny thing is I bet if you took a goal compilation off youtube and put it against some random name a rival team had signed for x million there would be loads on here saying 'we should be all over that'

The man scores goals and I think he will for us.

Yakubu has the quality to finish chances, something we lack – put them on a plate for him and as they say ‘Feed the Yak and he will score’.

He has more pace, better finishing and a better goalscoring record than Roberts. It’s an improvement and makes the possibility of Roberts leaving in the summer even greater.

When he was playing for Everton a season or two back I really rated this guy and wanted him at Rovers. Still fairly happy about it...better Roberts. I'm just living off the Dann dream at the minute though. That signing singlehandedly improved the window ten fold. We suddenly look a lot better side.

im very surprised at the amount of people, who are not happy with Yakubu signing. In all honesty, while not the biggest names we could have hoped for, he does bring the experience with him, and he is a proven goalscorer. For me, I can still see Goodwillie, Rochina and Yakubu scoring goals if they are given a chance ahead of Roberts. The other thing imo, is that Scott Dann's arrival, and Samba staying is much more of a boost than a striker right now. We do need to tighten up at the back, and work from there. If we have a strong defence, we can then play the counter attack football, and then try and get a goal with our young pacy players.

I like the look of the team, and im hoping either Kean moves Givet to right back, or moves Olsson back to left wing, and let Givet Move to Left Back

Robbo

Salgado Samba Dann Givet

Petrovic Nzonzi

Hoilett Olsson

Vukcevic

Yakubu

or

Robbo

Givet Samba Dann Olsson

Petrovic Nzonzi

Vukcevic Hoilett

Formica

Yakubu

or

Robbo

Givet Samba Dann Olsson

Petrovic

Vukcevic Nzonzi Hoilett

Yakubu Goodwillie

The problem with Yakubu is whilst he is a talent and could be a top striker he has some serious attitude problems and I've spoke to a few in the game who have said that in the past. I would expect him to have a cracking dozen or so games before losing interest. At the fee he could be worth the risk but I'm not expecting a personality change.

Agree with what a lot of people are saying about Yakubu. Those who have said they will have anyone over Roberts should be pretty happy with Yakubu. Granted there is every chance that he is 33 but he still managed a goal every two games for Leicester last season. If he scores 8 or 9 this year he'll be a vast improvement on Roberts.

Yak was iconic at Boro but even there McLaren often used him as an impact sub who could come on and turn games around which he did often especially in their run to the UEFA Final.

At Everton, Yak was just abysmal and his confidence completely fell apart.

No idea what sort of Yak we have signed but I suspect it will need a manager much better than Kean to bring the best out of him.

Oh and shouldn't this thread get transferred?

Yak was iconic at Boro but even there McLaren often used him as an impact sub who could come on and turn games around which he did often especially in their run to the UEFA Final.

At Everton, Yak was just abysmal and his confidence completely fell apart.

No idea what sort of Yak we have signed but I suspect it will need a manager much better than Kean to bring the best out of him.

Oh and shouldn't this thread get transferred?

Nice to get a quick dig in. Congrats.

Let's just wait and see shall we?

So I heard Yakubu is wearing 24 and nobody has the number 9 shirt worn by Alan Shearer, Chris Sutton, Andy Cole and in more recent times greats such as Kuqi, Roberts and Kalinic.

9 is a popular number so been interesting to see what Yakubu wears.

braddock is taking his usual DGS approach of spending most of his time commenting on everybody else...

Considering I've already posted my opinion around the board, what else is there to do?

You act as though you never do it yourself.

Archived