BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Yakubu

Why hasnt he played recently and why was he loaned out to a championship team?

Apparently Moyes has fallen out with him. Moyes prefers a hard working clobber who the midfielders can play off anyway, he's set his team up like that ever since Marcus Bent was there. Saha is an exception but rarely fit.

Apparently Leicester paid quite handsomely to have Yakubu at the club last season. We should be encouraged that he scored 11 goals in 20 games, that's a brilliant return.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Roberts mark 2 ?

Great signing, smashing, fabulous, thank you Venky's, lets hope he can scores many many goals for the blue and whites for many years to come :wacko:

:rover: because he,s ######,we indeed have a clone 4 jason :brfc::blush:

Jason Roberts mark 2 ?

Great signing, smashing, fabulous, thank you Venky's, lets hope he can scores many many goals for the blue and whites for many years to come :wacko:

I heard from some Everton fans that him and Moyles fell out awhile back.

Jason Roberts mark 2 ?

Apart from being black he's nothing like Roberts.

There has never been a question about Roberts' desire, he's just rubbish.

Yakubu is very talented but sometimes lacks the application and desire. If Kean gets him motivated we've got a very good player.

Fell out with manager, ultimately ended up bench sitting for a long time. Lost interest, lost fitness. You know, the standard decline when a player feels he isn't getting a fair crack of the whip.

Obviously they realised that he would either have to play or go on loan if they wanted to get any money back for him before his contract runs out. We went in at end, got him at a bargain price if you ask me. If it is true he has a 3 year contract, he will know that is the last 3 years of his career unless he makes a real impact and gets a move abroad to play some retirement football.

Fingers crossed the fire in his belly will get re-ignited with this move and he gets back his fitness levels.

Yakubu is very talented but sometimes lacks the application and desire. If Kean gets him motivated we've got a very good player.

Could it be that he has been bought so that we can splice his DNA with J Robs? The best bits of J Rob(desire/work rate) plus the best bits of the Yak(finishing, explosivness) equals some player.

Yes, but less of the colour issues please as I wasnt refering to that but more towards the last word on your second line.

If he cant run or doesnt want to run then he aint going to score many.

Fell out with manager, ultimately ended up bench sitting for a long time. Lost interest, lost fitness. You know, the standard decline when a player feels he isn't getting a fair crack of the whip.

Obviously they realised that he would either have to play or go on loan if they wanted to get any money back for him before his contract runs out. We went in at end, got him at a bargain price if you ask me. If it is true he has a 3 year contract, he will know that is the last 3 years of his career unless he makes a real impact and gets a move abroad to play some retirement football.

Fingers crossed the fire in his belly will get re-ignited with this move and he gets back his fitness levels.

Yakubu looks like hes going to be areal wild card played by Kean, lets hope he can get his fitness right up to peak condition so as to enjoy the benefits.

Would have thought Rovers would put a one to one fitness guy on him at least for the first three months and then oversee him from then on rather than leave him to his own devices.

For those saying the Yak is overweight, I was at Ewood last night and I spoke to him. Good bloke AND NOT FAT! He's built like a brick s**t-house!

I have faith in the bloke and more than willing to give the Yak a chance. He's been in the same circumstances as Robbie Keane for the past few yeas and most of us would have taken him! The Yak has a better scoring record!

For those saying the Yak is overweight, I was at Ewood last night and I spoke to him. Good bloke AND NOT FAT! He's built like a brick s**t-house!

He always has been built like that. This is from back in 2006 at Boro:

Yakubu_aiyegbeni.jpg

He's always been fast as well so I wouldn't worry about his size, he's just naturally bulky. He might be carrying a bit of extra weight due to not playing since last season, but a few weeks training should sort that out. He's never going to look slim though.

I have faith in the bloke and more than willing to give the Yak a chance. He's been in the same circumstances as Robbie Keane for the past few yeas and most of us would have taken him! The Yak has a better scoring record!

Not over the last three years in the PL, he hasn't.

If this guy can get himself fit he'll get 10 goals.

How can a pro footballer be allowed to get out of shape anyway, I hope they keep tabs on him and I hope he has a bonus for goal contract that makes up a large amount of his contract, he obviously needs motivating.

No Venkys chicken for you.

some very said people around these days.

Yakubu for 1.5 mil is a good signing for us.

His PL scoring record is 1 goal in 3 games. So hopefully he can score about 10 goals this season for us.

I hope rovers would have sign another striker who has played at a very good level but we didn't. so let's, support the team and gets some wins and points on the board now!!!

His PL scoring record is 1 goal in 3 games. So hopefully he can score about 10 goals this season for us.

Last three PL seasons:

2008/9.........5 goals

2009/10........6 goals

2010/11........1 goal.

12 goals in his last 53 appearances.

Last three PL seasons:

2008/9.........5 goals

2009/10........6 goals

2010/11........1 goal.

12 goals in his last 53 appearances.

2 of those seasons equaled or bettered our top scorer for last season who cost £6 million!

I know what you are saying but 11 in 20 in championship suggests he can still score goals, 5-10 goals for us and £1.5 million will be a snip.

Archived