BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Garry Cook

Iceman

Can't seem to find any info on this, but just briefly saw that Man City Chief Exec Gary Cook could be in a bit of trouble. What exactly has he done?

It is alleged that he wrote an email to a colleague mocking Nedum Onuoah's mother, who was undergoing treatment for cancer.

Problem is, rather than sending it to his colleague, he seemed to send it to her instead.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14797327.stm

Jeez that's horrendous, and not sure how anybody could prove its not him that sent it. Perhaps look at the time it was sent, the IP etc.

Think JW would slot into that position without a problem. But again, that is really awful to have done that.

• Moderation Lead

Allegedly he was out of the country at the time it was sent, though it wasn't disclosed in the article I read, whether that meant he couldn't check his e-mail or not..

If true, it's completely shocking and in very bad taste.

Allegedly he was out of the country at the time it was sent, though it wasn't disclosed in the article I read, whether that meant he couldn't check his e-mail or not..

I'll be amazed if he didn't have access. I'm sure even a lot us on here would have access to our emails via mobile devices. I'd imagine someone like Cook wouldn't be without for very long.

• Backroom

As someone else pointed out online, who would hack one of the most important emails in the Premier League only to send an email to a reserve players mum.

I access my work emails via webmail from anywhere in the world so I'm sure Garry Cook does.

• Moderation Lead

I'll be amazed if he didn't have access. I'm sure even a lot us on here would have access to our emails via mobile devices. I'd imagine someone like Cook wouldn't be without for very long.

Oh yes, no doubt it was possible for him to do so, he just cited that as his defence!

Why did it take her 11 months to report this email to the public? Surely she would have done it far sooner if it was so traumatic? The wording of the email doesnt make much sense to me but perhaps others have seen the full message. Not defending this guy but I always worry when such allegations are made and discussed in the public domain.

Well the Daily Mail wrote that;

Yesterday, however, City could not confirm that a staff member had indeed been disciplined and it also emerged that Cook's original email contained the signature line 'sent from my iPad', something that would appear to suggest it had been sent from his own personal device.

My link

So maybe his hacking excuses are as convincing as " Someone spiked my drink".

Cook's original email contained the signature line 'sent from my iPad', something that would appear to suggest it had been sent from his own personal device.

Just out of interest would that appear if it was sent just from an Ipad or would he register his Ipad against his account.

The problem with having global access to e-mail accounts is that it makes it easy for things to go wrong. He need only leave it in the wrong place for 5 minutes and someone can have a ball, not that it's likely to be the case. I think he has just been caught out.

Why did it take her 11 months to report this email to the public? Surely she would have done it far sooner if it was so traumatic? The wording of the email doesnt make much sense to me but perhaps others have seen the full message. Not defending this guy but I always worry when such allegations are made and discussed in the public domain.

Im pretty sure she had more important things to deal with at the time, such as a life threatening illness.

In a time where passwords are important, and in an environment where you could easily land up in trouble, its best that you lock or password protect your devices. We regularly get reprimanded at work if our pc's are left without us locking it. If somebody did hack Cooks iPad, then he should still be in trouble, as that is being negligent. I've never liked Cook, as he appears very arrogant and has this stupid smirk on his face when on tv

JW is only there for six months.. Maybe they will give him a full time job but NO CHANCE will he made chairman.. He has not been there long enough or the influence there that will be needed to get him the job.. but I know funny things happen in football I doubt very much this will be one of them..

JW is only there for six months.. Maybe they will give him a full time job but NO CHANCE will he made chairman.. He has not been there long enough or the influence there that will be needed to get him the job.. but I know funny things happen in football I doubt very much this will be one of them..

It depends, if they appoint on merit and give it to the most capable man then its johns. Don't under estimate how highly he is regarded in football.

Its city though so they'll most likely bring in a ceo of a high profile company outside of the game.

Archived