BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

That would be my suspicion as well but it would be nice to be told!

Gav - couldn't help but think that your John Bond picture is going to be replicated on dingles forums with pictures of kean....for years to come

You could be right Fowl Play :(

On Hoilett, as Scots Rover says, who can blame the lad....

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a rumour earlier today that Junior had broken off contract talks, I suspect that is the bad news that Glen is possibly referring to. Am trying to get this rumour confirmed.

Can't really see that as a surprise. Junior is a "talent" and he's been stalling for ages - and to be honest who can blame him. This will make Kean look even more of a fool cos for months he's been giving it "Junior is very close to signing a new contract" NO HE HASN'T!!!!! If this is the story then you've been played Kean and l believe this is the beginning.

This is total horse sh1t. I believe nothing from these "in the know" folk. Glen told me in person that Martin O'Neill was in talks last Saturday. Utter ######. Appeasing an angry few lads Glen? I have given up now. 25 years and I'm cutting my season ticket up like a maxed out credit card. Rosenberg, Sofia, all over the damn country gone in the blink of an eye. Protest? Done that. March? Done that too. Game over. Devastated. Venkys, Kean, Anderson get the f**k out of my club.

I took a lot of stick for my views on Hoilett in the last couple of months of last season.

Sadly, it seems I will be right.

This could and should have been sorted out in Jan. instead of sorting out new contracts for the dynamic trio of Salgado, Nelsen and Roberts.

I happen to believe that if the 'right' club had enquired about Hoilett in the summer, he would have been gone.

Our club, IMV, is now a feckin joke from top to bottom.

I took a lot of stick for my views on Hoilett in the last couple of months of last season.

Mostly 'cos you said Hoilett had played his last game and was feigning absence.

Both of which were proved entirely untrue.

Junior breaking off tale is too obvious and inevitable. If that's it then spill the beans. Having said they might have run out of bad news there is plenty of potential, stadium (good call), selling Brockhall, Anderson as DoF, Ryan has to retire, the Premier League have twigged, Kean is growing his hair back, Kean has a pilots licence, the Yak has exploded, it could be anything. The mind boggles.

This could and should have been sorted out in Jan. instead of sorting out new contracts for the dynamic trio of Salgado, Nelsen and Roberts.

I happen to believe that if the 'right' club had enquired about Hoilett in the summer, he would have been gone.

Our club, IMV, is now a feckin joke from top to bottom.

Thats because you spoke complete bunkum on the subject mercerman, but lets not go over old ground should we.

Terrible news if true, I don't hold the club responsible for not sorting the deal out in January, the lad probably sees the clubs im turmoil, the manager is useless and the owners even more so.

The Spurs home game is going to be interesting to say the least, think I'm going on the pitch, balls to the fine.

I wouldn't be bitter towards Holliet.

Not one of us would sign for Blackburn if we were him.

Career players are much richer and successful then club players.

And this is the problem now Chris - who in their right mind would sign for us? I can't believe anyone could blame Holliet for wanting to move on. As was said earlier if the right* team come for him he'll be off.

*Anyone with £6m and a manager with half a clue. Granted he's worth more than that to a Rovers fan but to Kean and Venky's he's got "Sellable Value".

If that is the rumour/bad news you can't blame him. He wasn't offered a new deal until several months after the season ended and now he has had more time to see how ###### a manager Kean is. So now why should he sign?

No, TBH I wouldn't blame him at all getting out of Circus Ewood.

If its true its just symptomatic of the festering disease within the club that is steve kean

This is total horse sh1t. I believe nothing from these "in the know" folk. Glen told me in person that Martin O'Neill was in talks last Saturday. Utter ######. Appeasing an angry few lads Glen? I have given up now. 25 years and I'm cutting my season ticket up like a maxed out credit card. Rosenberg, Sofia, all over the damn country gone in the blink of an eye. Protest? Done that. March? Done that too. Game over. Devastated. Venkys, Kean, Anderson get the f**k out of my club.

I did speak to one or two on Saturday regarding O'Neill as that was the strong rumour going round the ground and I also recieved a couple of txt regarding this,

On tonights news as Kamy has quite correctly said, It has been strongly reported today that Junior Hoilett has broke off contract discussions and has no intention of signing one anytime soon, Some knew this earlier who will confirm this, But if you just sprout what you get told, then you break confidences and risk not being told anything else,

If you had PM'd me like 1 or 2 others did, I would of told you this earlier

If you had PM'd me like 1 or 2 others did, I would of told you this earlier

Why should people go running to PM you when you started the guessing game in the first place?

Some people need to learn to keep quiet until they're ready to spill the beans.

Mostly 'cos you said Hoilett had played his last game and was feigning absence.

Both of which were proved entirely untrue.

Topman - please let me set the record straight.

Firstly, I said that I would be surprised to see him in a Rovers' shirt again and I repeat what I said earlier tonight, if the 'right' team had come knocking this summer, as Hoilett thought and hoped I am given to believe, he would have gone.

Secondly, I never, ever said that he was feigning absence. What I did say was that his recovery from injuries was causing frustrations at Ewood Park and it was and it was also reported in the LT.

Was he being over cautious with his hamstring, only Hoilett himself knows, however, if you do your hamstring properly, it can take a yard of pace from you - clinically proven fact.

What is also factual is that players seem to recover far more quickly from injury when a side is successful in comparison to those who seem somewhat reluctant to return to a struggling side.

And whilst this is bad news it's not unexpected bad news so I can't really get worked up about it anyway. I mean who seriously thought he WOULD sign given that the manager is incompetent and the owners think he's wonderful Just shows that at least one player at the club has not been taken in by the rubbish that's being spouted by our owners.

Why should people go running to PM you when you started the guessing game in the first place?

Some people need to learn to keep quiet until they're ready to spill the beans.

I didnt start any guessing game, somebody posted that some bad news was potentially going to break, and I said its bad news, Not can you guess what it is,

• Backroom

Can't blame Junior for not signing. If I was in his position I certainly wouldn't. The writing's on the wall for this club - he'll get out whilst he still has the chance.

And let's face it, even if we were doing okay... why would he pass up millions of pounds in signing on fees? Loyalty? He ain't a Rovers supporter. He hasn't even been here that long. I haven't ever believed he'd re-sign for us.

So much for Kean's txt to SSN. Another lie.

The Spurs home game is going to be interesting to say the least, think I'm going on the pitch, balls to the fine.

agreed on the first bit. The pitch? It's a ban mate. Don't go there. There's an outside bit for this sort of thing.

The way I feel at the moment it's nuttall street. Believe me Gav that hurts. But this time round I genuinely believe that these people don't give a damn. Not a bit.

The sad thing is jnr would probably fetch more now (if it was not for him soon to be out of contract) than the cost of a very top manager signing on a 4yr deal.

So to twist the knife further if it really is Jnr not signing then Kean is now entering the realms of costing us quite a few million and thats before we get relegated.

The empathy on this site towards Junior speaks volumes to how this club has gone down the drain recently. Had this been happened at anytime previous to Kean then l can imagine Junior would be getting slated big time. Right now, l can't blame Junior for doing one. Christ, if l wasn't emotionally attached to the club then l'd be off myself.

If it is Hoilett news then. I'm preparing myself for a whole raff of terrible news to come out of Rovers once the ball has started rolling.

Thinking about it, Venky's model of developing young players and selling them on for a high fee is going to look ridiculous when our brightest talent leaves on a free. Making people wonder why? - Somebody with the talent he has isn't tied down to a new lucrative deal. - Their has to be more than meets the eye with everything to do with Venky's.

I'm sure they will be fighting tooth and nail to keep hold of him and offering him stupidly daft amounts of money in order to be able to tie him down and sell him on. Alas why I think for Hoilett to reject that, it's sending us a clear message... Their is alot more than meets the eye!

I genuinely feel like crying - it just gets worse by the day!

Keep the flag flying high!

Personally don't think that jnr not signing is huge news though.. I reckon if anything its a certain senior official who might be the one to be leaving the club, there where rumours that he was going to speak his mind to Venkys while out in India (backed by a few newspaper reports) and judging by their comments and the quick exits of anyone deemed to be causing issues I would reckon its him.

And whilst this is bad news it's not unexpected bad news so I can't really get worked up about it anyway. I mean who seriously thought he WOULD sign given that the manager is incompetent and the owners think he's wonderful Just shows that at least one player at the club has not been taken in by the rubbish that's being spouted by our owners.

Welcome back gumboots. As before, every post you've made recently I tend to agree with. Stick with it.

Archived