BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

The only thing that will make the fans happy ATM apart from thrashing QPR, would be seeing Jean getting potted!

Enough of all the bullish!t from the Rao's, time for action.

Heard a rumour that he needs 6 points from QPR away, spuds at home and norwich away.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rao also admitted that the club's current position was difficult to take and has pledged that they will soon give the supporters something to smile about.

"I would like to assure the fans we are very much concerned about the situation.

"It is really painful, I know that. It is painful for the owners with what is happening.

"I would like to be honest - we will show some results and we will produce some results and make our fans happy."

Yet only a few days ago the comments were:

''Steve Kean is a brilliant manager''

''We are very happy with how matters are going,we are heading in the right direction''

????????????????

It'd take a lot more than just sacking Kean to get me fully onside with them. Like getting a decent replacement for one.

I agree TGM, but that would be a step in the right direction, and any appoinment would be better than Mr Kean in my book.

Rao also admitted that the club's current position was difficult to take and has pledged that they will soon give the supporters something to smile about.

He added: "I would like to assure the fans we are very much concerned about the situation.

"It is really painful, I know that. It is painful for the owners with what is happening.

"I would like to be honest - we will show some results and we will produce some results and make our fans happy."

That reads like an ultimatum to me.

I guess Kean has to win at QPR or he will be out after losing to Spuds.

Which brother said that? Sounds like the interview Venketash gave to Sky before the Pune trip,( i.e. before Balaji's 'Kean is brilliant' claim).

Which brother said that? Sounds like the interview Venketash gave to Sky before the Pune trip,( i.e. before Balaji's 'Kean is brilliant' claim).

V.Rao said it. The article is written today. Could be from yesterday, believe SSN did a report and it has been shown today, but I haven't seen it today, other people have.

I agree TGM, but that would be a step in the right direction, and any appoinment would be better than Mr Kean in my book.

Problem is, the longer they leave this muppet in charge, the better the replacement will have to be. For example if they'd appointed a Dave Jones in the summer (far from an ideal choice but competent manager who has done well in the past) I would have backed us to stay up. If they leave it for three or four more games it'd need someone of Martin O Neills calibre to have a good chance of saving our season.

i might get slated for this but i hope rovers get hammered against qpr, would be sickening to see that cheesey smirk on baldy's face if we got three points, makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

I can't believe anybody who actually supports rovers wants us to lose or not do well just because they don't like the manager. If we were getting results he would be the best thing since sliced bread. That's life at a club like ours. Going to QPR and want to get a result. If he doesn't then he should get sacked before its to late. We have been in relegation form under him since day 1

Problem is, the longer they leave this muppet in charge, the better the replacement will have to be. For example if they'd appointed a Dave Jones in the summer (far from an ideal choice but competent manager who has done well in the past) I would have backed us to stay up. If they leave it for three or four more games it'd need someone of Martin O Neills calibre to have a good chance of saving our season.

But by then he'll be at Sunderland if reports are to be believed and there'll be little chance of finding anyone of the same quality who is available. That's why it needs sorting now at the latest and should have certainly been sorted before the summer.

And i don't think anyone really wants the club to do badly at QPR - it's just the depths we've been driven to because we no longer feel that a poor run of results so far is good (or bad) enough to justify our owners sacking the manager so we just want as many poor results as possible as quickly as possible so the owners' hand is forced. They are not listening to those who watch Rovers week in week out as fans and so it has to get a sight worse before they will do anything.

Talking about the likes of Dave Jones, I actually suggested Curbishley, just goes to show how far we've fallen TGM.

You make a good point on the calibre of manager, even the best in the business couldn't get us out of this mess if we're 6 points adrift at Christmas, which isn't beyond Kean and his terrible tactics, poor subs, poor team selection........

Why did I back this man :wacko:

I can't believe anybody who actually supports rovers wants us to lose or not do well just because they don't like the manager. If we were getting results he would be the best thing since sliced bread. That's life at a club like ours. Going to QPR and want to get a result. If he doesn't then he should get sacked before its to late. We have been in relegation form under him since day 1

Because sometimes you have to take a step back to go 2 steps forward.

What would you prefer? Carry on as we are or lose a few more games resulting in us getting in a manager who can get us out of this mess?

Talking about the likes of Dave Jones, I actually suggested Curbishley, just goes to show how far we've fallen TGM.

You make a good point on the calibre of manager, even the best in the business couldn't get us out of this mess if we're 6 points adrift at Christmas, which isn't beyond Kean and his terrible tactics, poor subs, poor team selection........

I wonder too. And then I think, well I didn't really back him - just refused to get on his back too early because that meant he had no chance of ever doing anything - even the best find it hard to work against a background of constant criticism. I just wanted him to do well so that Rovers would do well, although I never thought he was the right guy for the job as I'd never heard of him before his appointment and didn't even know he was one of our coaches.

Curbishley is a pretty good manager. If we appointed him in the summer I'd have been reasonably happy. Don't think it shows how far we've fallen - like the appointment of Sam was it'd be in keeping with our current aspirations of returning back to being a stable consistent mid table Premier League club.

Sacking Kean will make the fans happy and change the whole atmosphere. Why dont they get this?

The million dollar question indeed.

Why cant the Rao's see that by sacking Kean and installing a proper,experienced manager who the fans can back to the hilt,we can ALL work together to sort this mess out once and for all and bring stability back to the club.

Do they think we like to have to protest around the streets of Blackburn,the media sniggering in the background?.

Come on Rao's!!... sort this out and lets ALL work togehter FFS before this situation is beyond the point of no return! :rolleyes:

Kean is Venkys appointment and it appears they have a VERY close personal & working relationship therefore they probably would find it very difficult to sack him.

Kean also has been very complementary on the owners and probably rarely challenges them so its a nice situation.

Because sometimes you have to take a step back to go 2 steps forward.

What would you prefer? Carry on as we are or lose a few more games resulting in us getting in a manager who can get us out of this mess?

I didn't want the guy in charge in the first place, but that is not up to us. All I want is results and what's best for rovers. At this moment in time kean and the raos have failed to deliever. So unless he can get results the buck stops with him unless he can turn it round then the sack should come. If the sack doesn't come and results don't change, then the buck firmly lies with the owners and the attention should turn to them

People can't keep saying, 'well I hope we lose the game on Saturday', what if we lose the next 2 and he still doesn't go? When he eventually is potted it could be irretrievable.

Saying that any win he picks up will probalby give him another 3/4 games, he then does badly and the cycle never ends.

Arghhhh :wacko:

I wonder too. And then I think, well I didn't really back him - just refused to get on his back too early because that meant he had no chance of ever doing anything - even the best find it hard to work against a background of constant criticism. I just wanted him to do well so that Rovers would do well, although I never thought he was the right guy for the job as I'd never heard of him before his appointment and didn't even know he was one of our coaches.

Yes gumboots, I think I fall into that catagory also.

Archived