BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a lot may depend if an assistant is appointed this week, If we don't get a new assistant Manager and don't beat QPR then Kean may go before the next league game. However if an assistant is appointed Kean may get until the end of the month to turn things around.

My reason

.Who in the right minds would take an assistant Managers role for a couple of games? (A new Manager would want his own backroom staff, and if he could not have his own backroom staff then we may end up with another Manager like Kean)

Its a scary thought, but with no experience within the current board a decent replacement for Kean cannot be taken for granted, hence I think appointments in those key positions at Board room level, will occur first

Glenn have Venkys got the money to go for a decent manager ? then would the new management team be given full control...as you point out people need employing in the background for this to happen - this also costs money..I'm begining to wonder have Venkys got theat sort of funds readily available ? before anyone mentions 7mill Scott Dann..that is the never neverest of deals ( so what have they given Brum so far ?? )

I think a lot may depend if an assistant is appointed this week, If we don't get a new assistant Manager and don't beat QPR then Kean may go before the next league game. However if an assistant is appointed Kean may get until the end of the month to turn things around.

My reason

.Who in the right minds would take an assistant Managers role for a couple of games? (A new Manager would want his own backroom staff, and if he could not have his own backroom staff then we may end up with another Manager like Kean)

Its a scary thought, but with no experience within the current board a decent replacement for Kean cannot be taken for granted, hence I think appointments in those key positions at Board room level, will occur first

I don't know that I want an assistant manager to come in.

Kean is insisting that he'll make the choice, therefore the bloke will owe loyalty to him (I'm aware of the irony there but that's how it normally goes).

Secondly, the weasel won't pick someone who's "bigger" than him but that's what is needed.

Thirdly, it'll give Kean another stay of execution------"let's give the new team time to settle in".

Fourthly it'll make Venkys less likely to sack Kean because there will be 2 guys to pay off, not one.

Let the weasel struggle on his own I say---he's earned it.

Every game and every action taken by Venkys while he is in charge is a double edged sword.. new assistant manager, winning games, recruiting staff.. etc etc simply can't win at the moment because many of us want him gone asap and any movement in the right direction beyond that is just prolonging things.

Let us hope Venkys at least insist the new assistant manager if we get one is on a very short contract or is someone who can instantly replace Kean.

Seemingly, Kean "not quite been himself" since "frank discussion" with Raos. Heard this from two sources this morning.

That doesn't surprise me at all. I would imagine the owners have told him that he needs to win games or he will be sack.

He might have been told that he must win against QPR or he is sack!!!

Maybe a new manager in place for spurs game maybe???

This picture is taken from the Pune FC Facebook page that Hughesy linked to on another thread:

313807_276931045660976_257984864222261_1015142_1772259382_n.jpg

Good work! Wouldn't it be brilliant if the idea of scrawling "KEAN OUT" in various places went viral? If we get a few more having a go it might take off...

This picture is taken from the Pune FC Facebook page that Hughesy linked to on another thread:

Good work! Wouldn't it be brilliant if the idea of scrawling "KEAN OUT" in various places went viral? If we get a few more having a go it might take off...

If this carries on, Kean will have difficulty finding refuge anywhere in the world !!!

IMV, couldn't happen to a 'nicer man'.

Members of the site should try to get pictures of KEAN OUT! in far flung places and venues like the above.

We have a plan for later this month, if he's still in charge by then :tu:

A Kean out banner at the Rugby world cup would be fantastic, or the cricket in India.

Sorry LeChuck didn't read you post properly, yes I agree fully with that, I have a couple of ideas in that area :D

Extracted from LT site:

"The Telegraph hoarding signs outside the newsagents today in Blackburn all read : "GET FREE DONUT TODAY" . . . . . . . . . . no thanks, we've already got one!!! ha ha ha ha ha ! Could you make this **** up???????????????"

Like it!

Extracted from LT site:

"The Telegraph hoarding signs outside the newsagents today in Blackburn all read : "GET FREE DONUT TODAY" . . . . . . . . . . no thanks, we've already got one!!! ha ha ha ha ha ! Could you make this **** up???????????????"

Like it!

If intentional, that's outstanding work by the LET :tu:

Members of the site should try to get pictures of KEAN OUT! in far flung places and venues like the above.

A Kean out banner at the Rugby world cup would be fantastic, or the cricket in India.

A Kean Out banner at the India v England game on Friday would be amazing, it'd get picked up by the media.

I'm working on something for this coming weekend, does anyone have Kean's premier league record to hand, including win %?

On my signature !

At least a couple of pints heading your way if you can sort ! A pal of mine and wife on way home after the 'froggies' sorted us out otherwise, he'd have helped !

What pic? Dont have facebook anymore. Have become serious and boring!

What pic? Dont have facebook anymore. Have become serious and boring!

It was just a link to a picture on Facebook, the picture is hosted elsewhere. If you're accessing the site from work I would guess your firewall is blocking it.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/313807_276931045660976_257984864222261_1015142_1772259382_n.jpg

That's the direct link.

Archived