BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Moderation Lead

I didn't want the guy in charge in the first place, but that is not up to us. All I want is results and what's best for rovers. At this moment in time kean and the raos have failed to deliever. So unless he can get results the buck stops with him unless he can turn it round then the sack should come. If the sack doesn't come and results don't change, then the buck firmly lies with the owners and the attention should turn to them

+1

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People can't keep saying, 'well I hope we lose the game on Saturday', what if we lose the next 2 and he still doesn't go? When he eventually is potted it could be irretrievable.

Saying that any win he picks up will probalby give him another 3/4 games, he then does badly and the cycle never ends.

Arghhhh :wacko:

That's where I'm at. Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

He seems to just keep getting the bare minimum results to keep himself in post. A surprise win here and frustrating draw there. Statistically a full season of Kean, last season or this sees us relegated.

It's hard to see the positives. Yet that's the one thing he keeps banging on about.

Arghhhh indeed.

Must say I'm confuses by the rao brothers...

1 brilliant mgr!!

2 face the consequences

Not the first board to do this. It is clear kean only has a couple of games to save his skin. To be fair to Venky they have given kean some money and time. Not too late to make a change if need be. I suspect they are already crashing up a short list

Talking about the likes of Dave Jones, I actually suggested Curbishley, just goes to show how far we've fallen TGM.

I'd take Curbishley right now over the hapless Kean and be delighted.

If he is allowed the next 3 games then I can't see us staying up whatever. That would be 10 games gone and we would likely have 6 points at best.

Now's the time or the next manager may well have too much to do, no matter who is brought in.

I'd take Curbishley right now over the hapless Kean and be delighted.

If he is allowed the next 3 games then I can't see us staying up whatever. That would be 10 games gone and we would likely have 6 points at best.

Now's the time or the next manager may well have too much to do, no matter who is brought in.

The only saving grace is that we would have got some of the tricky home fixtures out of the way. So whoever comes in wont have to face Spurs, Man City or Arsenal (later on in the season when theyll probably not be as bad) at home.

Obviously Kean out ASAP, but its something to cling to.

Why did I back this man :wacko:

Two reasons.

1. You are fair-minded enough to give someone a chance. Even an utter novice who had been over-promoted so much it was embarrassing.

2. You let your dislike of the previous manager and his playing style cloud your judgment and so didn't see that his staying at the club was vital at such a Topsy-turvy time.

If there was to be a new, younger manager and a revertion to an easier-on-the-eye style then it should have been phased in under Sam and his successor should have learnt the tricks of the trade from him as Assistant Manager. That can't be as a coach who is out of the main loop. Not only that, but we already had an excellent candidate at the club but, alas, in throwing out the baby with the bathwater he was sacked as well.

The win at Bolton under MacDonald in one game was as impressive as anything Kean has managed since.

Still think we need a decent manager should Kean go - Curbs is probably the best option out there plus would not cost much.

Looking at our squad, few injuries up front or to our key midfield men then we could be in real trouble.

On disliking managers etc, I feel for those fans who had no time for Sam, quite a few years since you must have been happy with the manager in charge (back to Sparkys days!).

The million dollar question indeed.

Why cant the Rao's see that by sacking Kean and installing a proper,experienced manager who the fans can back to the hilt,we can ALL work together to sort this mess out once and for all and bring stability back to the club.

Maybe they can see that but don't want to do anything about it. How about that angle?

They know what the fans want, they know what the results have been and they know what to do to change it. They aren't THAT dumb. I'm not having it. They'd have to be all of blind, deaf and dumb to not have got that, even in Pune.

The win at Bolton under MacDonald in one game was as impressive as anything Kean has managed since.

My memory may be playing tricks on me but I believe he was also the man behind the Carling Cup victory over Chelsea at Ewood.

I feel sorry for MacDonald in all of this.

Still, it's another moot point.

My memory may be playing tricks on me but I believe he was also the man behind the Carling Cup victory over Chelsea at Ewood.

I feel sorry for McDonald in all of this.

Still, it's another moot point.

Neil McDonald was in charge for that game aswell.

I actually thought NM would take over from Sam Allardyce whenever he left rovers.

He is now number 2 Sam Allardyce at WHU!

People can't keep saying, 'well I hope we lose the game on Saturday', what if we lose the next 2 and he still doesn't go? When he eventually is potted it could be irretrievable.

Saying that any win he picks up will probalby give him another 3/4 games, he then does badly and the cycle never ends.

Arghhhh :wacko:

Exactly! Its a lose lose

The trouble is that one positive result, e.g. Arsenal, gives him a disproportianate stay of execution. Win at QPR and were stuck with him til Christmas

That is the sickening reality of owners (and fans) who judge from week to week on the basis of one game. That's why the Arsenal game was a tragedy in the respect although I enjoyed it immensely. My feeling has always been that he'll get the odd win and draw but overall his points ratio won't change.

The QPR game is critical though because they were totally hapless when thrashed by Fulham, who hadn't won a game. If we perform badly in that game, the contrast will surely make even the owners sit up.

It is clear kean only has a couple of games to save his skin.

If this is true, then it's great news.

Kean believing his job is safe no matter what, along with the players also thinking the situation is acceptable is bad, bad, bad. People work better under pressure. Anything else just leads to complacency.

You'd like to think so philip, but you just can't take anything for granted with the Roas.

The thing about this whole saga is, they'd have me back onside if they sacked Kean now, and I'm sure many more fans feel the same.

...........depending on the replacement Gav! I don't take anything for granted with this lot!

I think a lot may depend if an assistant is appointed this week, If we don't get a new assistant Manager and don't beat QPR then Kean may go before the next league game. However if an assistant is appointed Kean may get until the end of the month to turn things around.

My reason

.Who in the right minds would take an assistant Managers role for a couple of games? (A new Manager would want his own backroom staff, and if he could not have his own backroom staff then we may end up with another Manager like Kean)

Its a scary thought, but with no experience within the current board a decent replacement for Kean cannot be taken for granted, hence I think appointments in those key positions at Board room level, will occur first

Archived