BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

Balaji: 'we do know that a few people have been generating thousands of mails demanding the ousting of current manager Steve Kean, who is a brilliant manager'.

I am simply stunned! He's been totally misadvised if he genuinely believes that it is only a few people. The interview as a whole is just plain stupid.

Don't worry Kamy-----the Pune 9 haven't got to him yet.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seeing that Venkys think only a small number of fans have created masses of emails we should come up with something that will make them realize that the majority wants rid of the manager.

We should use this poll, BRSCN (Norwegians supporters club) should make a similar poll. You should make a petition campaign in the city of Blackburn where you collect names. Should be able to get 10k. All this should be done to show that it is the MAJORITY not the minority that is against Kean.

Balaji: 'we do know that a few people have been generating thousands of mails demanding the ousting of current manager Steve Kean, who is a brilliant manager'.

I am simply stunned! He's been totally misadvised if he genuinely believes that it is only a few people. The interview as a whole is just plain stupid.

It's becoming less and less believable this is down to just incompetence.

There seems to be a steadfast refusal to accept the obvious which, IMO, is highly suspicious.

If 700 protest then 99% support Kean

If 15,000 people boo Kean then the majority are on his side

If 1000 people sign a "sack Kean petition" then they were made up by 2 people

If kean has 4 points out of 21 then points are not what matters.

Kean just feeds them bull, they buy it and there is nothing we can do about it (excluding the Pune 9 and Kamy)

They are truely blinkered. My view is turning against Venky's, I've previously support them thinking that they would learn from their mistakes - but they don't even acknowledge them to learn. If they don't sack him very soon, we will be relegated and I wont get a season ticket next year. If they sack him in the next game or too and get a good replacement in I will get a ticket next year even if we get relegated. They are killing the club I love. I travel an hour and a half to go to every home game - its just not worth it when the people in charge are killing the club. Ill go for the rest of this season and sing long and hard to get Kean out. We have to start doing this from the start now - as they don't believe its many of us we have to show them otherwise. If they accepted/acknowledged are views then we could keep to staying positive till after the final whistle/the game was unwinnable. But if its just a minority then it won't bother the players anyway - it will force them to acknowledge the truth of the fans view - even if they don't act on it.

Venky's have shown they aren't scared to make a big decision, they sacked Sam pretty swiftly and were clearly happy to pay the financial costs of doing so. So why is Kean so bulletproof?

I have no inside knowledge but the most logical reason I can see why he remains in the post is SEM/Kentaro/Huber and Anderson's influence. Some insiders have claimed that Anderson doesn't have a role at the club anymore, well the fact that Kean is still here might indicate that this isn't the case.

For example The Marple Leaf claims that Anderson is still very much in the picture:

http://themarpleleaf.blogspot.com/2011/10/venkys-invite-fans-to-india-but-will.html#links

Seeing that Venkys think only a small number of fans have created masses of emails we should come up with something that will make them realize that the majority wants rid of the manager.

We should use this poll, BRSCN (Norwegians supporters club) should make a similar poll. You should make a petition campaign in the city of Blackburn where you collect names. Should be able to get 10k. All this should be done to show that it is the MAJORITY not the minority that is against Kean.

Polls can always be queried. We don't need to rely on them.

Every home game provides the opportunity to demonstrate that the vast majority of us want Kean out. To continue to deny the obvious week after week would see them change tack. The ridicule in the media would be enormous.

Might even wear the Weasel down.

Wonder if they are dumb enough if we employ reverse pyschology and for KEan to be awarded a new contract - think they might come out and sack him !

Unbelievable comments from Rao - must admit though Kamy, I thought you said the brothers were for sacking him and Mrs D was for keeping him - these comments seem to contradict that ? while the chap on Twitter was saying the borthers backed Kean and Mrs D wanted rid ?

Have these comments changed your view poitn at all ? or just completely come out of left field ?

My view is that even if by some miracle we managed to turn our form around I don't think I could ever back him. He's such a divisive figure both on and off the pitch and so much has gone on that he can't be backed no matter how well he does from now on.

Out of curiosity am I the only person who has this viewpoint? What is the general consensus in the fanbase? Is his tenure damaged beyond repair?

My view is that even if by some miracle we managed to turn our form around I don't think I could ever back him. He's such a divisive figure both on and off the pitch and so much has gone on that he can't be backed no matter how well he does from now on.

Out of curiosity am I the only person who has this viewpoint? What is the general consensus in the fanbase? Is his tenure damaged beyond repair?

The only way numpty would ever get the fans back on board is he can fufil his promise of CL footy, THIS SEASON

I don't think I could back him even if we won every single remaining game this season.

I'd like to point out to Steve Kean that ctrl alt delete doesn't work in the real football managers world

I don't think I could back him even if we won every single remaining game this season.

I'd like to point out to Steve Kean that ctrl alt delete doesn't work in the real football managers world

It's a good point, I think he might have gone past the point of no return with me too, I'm at a point where I'd like to see him fail (at what cost), but a deluded idiot that is winning, is far better then a deluded idiot thats losing.

I guess results will be more powerful then anything Keans does or says, he can;t talk himself our of a sacking forever.

Not going to give you grief for that as I do understand, but I can't say I agree.

If he turned it round and was a good manager who led us to Europe etc I would support him. It's hard to seperate personal feelings because he is a detestful character, but we have to consider what is best for the club, we should only enforce change while results are unsatisfactory.

Yes,totally agree with all that. Point of no return for me reached long ago.He pollutes Ewood as far as I'm concerned.

Archived