BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

why even try and understand it, the guys a loon.

I don't understand why protests are not forcing on the fact this guy is deluded.

DIS-CREDIT him,point out to the media we think he is deluded soon everyone will pick up on it.

At the moment he has too many media channels, there has to be a focus on making the press, Venkys aware he is DELUDED.

We should get someone to print off a load of Telegraph newsboards papers that they have outside Newsagents with all different stupid quotes that he has said on them. Wave them at the games as well as ones with 'Kean Sacked' on and headlines we WANT to see. We could print ones for all the different papers...they'll all take pictures of their own papers and print them lol. His quotes are getting worse by the day.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when does this utter madness end then Kamy? I've never been so bewildered by a manager, of any club. I never thought this kind of thing would happen at our club. Eric Cantona's seagull speech made more sense than what this pillock comes out with. I'm close to giving up and throwing my season ticket away. I no longer feel like I support Blackburn Rovers, in fact I dont believe there is any Blackburn Rovers left. 25 years of support and I never thought I'd even contemplate giving up my ticket, but I can

no longer relate to or feel like someone who matters to the club. Depressing times, damn you Kean, you too Venkys

Kamy, I've thought that most of what you have posted has been going on for weeks now. I'm not privy to any "inside info" it's just going off what has been posted on here and the interviews with all concerned from within the club.

It's becoming clearer by the day how far removed from reality the whole club is right now. Owners not having a clue, a deluded idiot in charge and players who should have the balls to stand up for the fans seemingly turning on the very fans who pay their wages and, in most cases, used to adore and cheer them on from the stands week in week out.

I was for the original protest before the Arsenal game and I have to admit that I was willing to give Kean and the owners more time, which is part of the reason I went to the Newcastle game. What I witnessed did nothing but reinforce my beliefs from after the Wolves game that Kean is so far out of his depth it's untrue! No tactics, very little team spirit and fans becoming more and more disillusioned with every passing second.

I watched Saturdays protests on Sky and for the first time this season was filled with a sense of hope for the first time in a long time. Venkys/Desai might not have changed their minds regarding Kean but I was buoyed by the fact that at least the fans still give a damn about THEIR club.

I said to myself that despite having a season ticket I wouldn't attend another game until Kean was removed. All that changed on Saturday evening. I have since spent a small fortune on flights and will be there to voice my feelings regarding the team I've supported since I was a child. It's gotten to the stage that I don't even care if the owners listen to us or not but I'm damned sure that I won't let MY club go down without a fight.

I believe that it's gotten to the stage where we as fans should publicly shame Venkys, they along with Kean should both be the focus of our anger during the next home game. If they don't care about us why the hell should be respect them?

I urge everyone who still gives a damn about their club to do the same!

just read the hindustan times article ......

And touring a country recently weaned on Premier League action, where everything associated with the league sells, might help them defuse some pressure and put a positive spin on what looks like an increasingly wonky campaign.

WONKY CAMPAIGN ..... :lol:

maybe because we got williy wonker for a manager ....

i sent this to balajiroa@venkys.com, what does every one think?

dear mr rao and venkys,

i have been a blackburn rovers supporter for nearly 20 years and in all that time i have seen some highs and real lows, winning the league in 1995 to relegation 4 years later but i always knew i had a club to support but now things have hit new lows. When you took over our great club there were promises of riches and greater things, money spent, european football but now things seem to have taken a far turning for the worst. The biggest problem and dare i say only major problem was the appointment of the 'manager'. Kean has single handedly taken this club into the depths of despair, his results have been beyond poor and his post-match ramblings have left even the most astute people scratching their heads, until you rid us of this person then the problems we have now will remain, find it in your hearts to listen to the lifeblood of the club (the supporters) and make the desision which is the only right one unless you do this then blackburn rovers will forever be a club on the wain, show us your commitment to the fans otherwise you may find yourselves on the end of our wrath.

yours sincereley a very disgruntled rovers fan

Today has been one of the most bizarre day's, same of the stuff Kean has come out with is at best deluded. It has further reinforced the belief that this guy is so out of his depth that it is almost unreal. Fans can see it, players can see it (despite the they say publically), the people working at Ewood can see it, heck even Balaji can see it BUT for some unknown reason the lady who prides herself on her "superb decision making" and "being in touch with the fans" cannot see it, she cannot see that she has put a village idiot incharge of the team and we are hurtling towards relegation and a whole host of problems that relegation will become.

But don't worry guys, today we have been told by Kean himself that it is wrong to judge him on results alone.

Footballing wise I have never been this frustrated, normally there is always something that we can do, but I am starting to believe now that whatever the fans/media say or do it will have NO IMPACT on Venky's decision making process.

Kean is totally and utter deluded. I'm pleased that even Balaji agrees with the fans that Kean is out of his depth.

So the problem is Mrs D and Kean then???

I still don't see what Mrs D sees in Kean then???

I starting to think that the 2 Rao's brothers want to do the right thing but mrs D is stopping them???

It was Balaji's ideas for fans to go to India with the team and also to rename the BB end the Ronnie Clayton BB end. He is trying to do the right things and make good choices for rovers and the fans!!!

The players should be telling the owners that they have no faith in Kean's ability as manager during this trip to India. I'm sure that the 2 Rao's brothers will listen to them and then it is up to them to convince Mrs D!!!

Come on the Rao's brothers, do the right things for OUR CLUB, players and FANS!!!

On the next assistant manager Keans says

"the person I want to come in will be the person who will be sat in the dugout beside me, so that's very positive"

The guy really is the new David Brent.

C'mon Alan. You can't just make stuff up.

Today has been one of the most bizarre day's, same of the stuff Kean has come out with is at best deluded. It has further reinforced the belief that this guy is so out of his depth that it is almost unreal. Fans can see it, players can see it (despite the they say publically), the people working at Ewood can see it, heck even Balaji can see it BUT for some unknown reason the lady who prides herself on her "superb decision making" and "being in touch with the fans" cannot see it, she cannot see that she has put a village idiot incharge of the team and we are hurtling towards relegation and a whole host of problems that relegation will become.

But don't worry guys, today we have been told by Kean himself that it is wrong to judge him on results alone.

Footballing wise I have never been this frustrated, normally there is always something that we can do, but I am starting to believe now that whatever the fans/media say or do it will have NO IMPACT on Venky's decision making process.

Maybe the time has come to vote with our feet then and boycott matches, it is the last resort and I for one certainly don't want to boycott games, but I will do whatever is necessary, how else can we make venkys realise just how strongly we feel about Jean as "manager"?

Surely if the ground is half empty and their takings on merchandising start to suffer, they have got to do something?

Kamy - many have heard the whispers for some time now. It may well be that it is the players who unlock the door so that he can be kicked through. Two questions, firstly, what's holding them back and secondly, have we got anyone (yourself maybe) sufficiently close to the players and persuasive enough to tell the Raos that Kean has lost the plot.

Is it time for us to start turning on mrs D? Shes obviously a massive problem for Blackburn Rovers if this is true.

this isnt a defence of spike kean, but the direction of blame is imo, going somewhat in a one-way direction. Kean is being blamed for everything, but surely equally or even more blame should be directed towards venky and especially mrs "8 out 10 in decision making"

Hand om heart, who here would EVER hire a man to tkae charge of their busimess, without one shred of experience. This isnt the local pizza place or paperroute. This is a multimillion pound company, competing in a multibillion pound business and they hire a novice. That is insane and i repeat INSANE.

i applaud those who still fight the V regime, organize protests and what not, i hope they continue. Personally im close to giving up on the club and football in general. The V´s are another sympton of the disease, that professional football has become and yet another step in the wrong direction.

sure kean isnt qualified and yet he was hired. Imo that says alot more about the V´s, thenit does about spiekey.

• Backroom

Venky's are just as culpable as Kean, if not more so.

It's simply easier to get Kean removed than Venky's. The hope is, I suppose, that they'll soon realise the error of their ways and appoint somebody who knows what they're doing. They can then back off and leave the footballing side of things to those who know what they're doing.

Wouldn't hold my breath on that happening though.

Kean also passed off the trip and not being unusual for the players during an international break.

"Players go to different countries during the international break and have training camps," he said. "We will be training, participating in the Rovers Star program and playing in India. I believe it is a good time. It's unfortunate that the international players wont experience this."

My god I have never heard such yes man drivel.. Playing in India.. surely he can't compare playing against Pune to international fixtures? Participating in the Rovers Star progam.. grrr what doing a PR jolly is going to help the team and as for training.. I doubt much of that will be going out there this week at least not near the standard that would be acheived back home in our apparently state of the art facilities. I fully expect the players to come back jet lagged, unfit and more tired than when they started.

The players have looked unfit all season.. and bit by bit they have been getting worse as the season has gone on.. we also need a new assistant manager.. surely this should be a priority along with player fitness over a daft trip to India.

Unfortunately when Uncle Jack had a similar position with Woy "future England Manager" Hodgson he made the wrong decision and appointed Kiddo. We were left with the rubber dinghy boys and only helped by our 3 home grown 'Gems" - the now discredited Dunny,the very rich Damian and the poor motor-cyclist Matty.

Some of you have very poor or distorted memories.

Unfortunately when Uncle Jack had a similar position with Woy "future England Manager" Hodgson he made the wrong decision and appointed Kiddo. We were left with the rubber dinghy boys and only helped by our 3 home grown 'Gems" - the now discredited Dunny,the very rich Damian and the poor motor-cyclist Matty.

Some of you have very poor or distorted memories.

Well no, the decison he had to make that was in any way similar was when to pot Kidd, not when to sack Hodgson.

He left it too long with Kidd, there is obviously no question about that.

Not sure why that makes us have poor memories of Jack's era, he made mistakes but he was entitled to make them, as he was to bankroll us back to the top flight.

Yeah, the similarities with Venky's soon end.

Archived