BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean Thread (Poll reset after Stoke game)

Glenn

958 members have voted

1. 1. Should Steve Kean be sacked

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On SSN Kean also said: "I come here once a month to sit down with the family and talk about all aspects of the club''

By the look on his face he realised that he'd said the wrong thing and quickly turned the gospel to football matters.

He also said that he's got the backing of the family and the majority of fans.

Memo to Kean and Venkys: you are NOT part of my family

Steve Kean on SSN :

I know people will throw stats and if it is only about stats and winning games then it is going to be hard for young players to develop," he explained.

Says that man that came up with the stat that we had the ball in their box more times than they had in ours. The guy is a complete joke, who would walk away and admit that he's been out of his depth and has been a complete disaster since he's been in charge. Another thing that really grates me about him and pundits sticking up for him is how they constantly talked about how he kept us up last season. It was because of him that we were in a relegation battle!

He keeps talking about the majority of the fans backing him, like that will save his job. The majority of the fans want you out the door Steve. Get used to it.

We play Spurs next and will probably get stuffed by them too and no doubt Kean will have some positive spin to put on that and role out a stat that our players had more throw ins, in the last third of the field than Spurs did. But only if you care about stats and winning games that is.

On SSN Kean also said: "I come here once a month to sit down with the family and talk about all aspects of the club''

By the look on his face he realised that he'd said the wrong thing and quickly turned the gospel to football matters.

He also said that he's got the backing of the family and the majority of fans.

Memo to Kean and Venkys: you are NOT part of my family

He thinks he's the Bloody Chairman ! :wstu:

Kean - http://www.football365.co.za/story/0,22162,14287_7225443,00.html

"I think people will say I have been summoned. I have heard that on my last six or seven trips. I come here once a month to sit down with the family and talk about all aspects of the club, the development of the youngsters, and what we want to do in the next transfer window."

Many fans at Ewood Park have indicated they want Kean out, but the former assistant coach insists he has enough self assurance to continue on.

"It can get to you but not for one minute (do I doubt myself).

"When I see the lads responding, and get the backing of the majority of the fans, I am happy in my work and as long as I feel that, we will turn things around. I have no doubt about that."

Steve Kean on SSN :

I know people will throw stats and if it is only about stats and winning games then it is going to be hard for young players to develop," he explained.

Winning games IS more important than anything ! You cannot develop young players in a team that loses every week !

This is getting ridiculous.

He is speaking like a coach not a manager. Why am I not surprised? I don't mind him bringing on young players if the family love him but meanwhile can we have a manager?

I can just imagine something like this on the final day of the season:

Reporter- "So steve what did you make of the game?"

Kean- "Well I thought we played really well against a strong Chelsea side, sure we lost 5-0 but we dominated the game. In particular we entered their half 20 times, and our 30% possession doesn't reflect how in control we were."

Reporter - "Any players you would like to praise for their performances today."

Kean - "Dunny would have scored if there was more dew on the pitch and Pedersen's corners almost beat the man at the near post a few times. Jason Roberts also nearly scored his first goal of the season, he was so unlucky to miss from 1 yard out."

Reporter - "Rovers were relegated a few months ago, what do you have to say to the fans about your failure to keep your team up and your summing up of the overall season Blackburn have had."

Kean - "Well 5 of our players have increased in value since I came in, Robbie Cotton in particular is the new Steven Gerrard and should set alight the Championship. Like I said back in October points don't really matter and at the end of the day increasing the values of my players is the number one judgement of success."

Reporter- "And what about your future Steve?"

Kean- "Well I have the full backing of the owners and I hope to be staying on for next season. The Championship should be competitive but we are still on course to make the Champions League in the next 3 years."

Reporter- "Thank you for your time Steve."

Got the backing of the majority of fans????

Did he have his fingers in his ears during the second half against city??

A compulsive liar.

I think when you get to this level of fantasy he must really believe what he is saying to be true.

Has every paper/journo etc gone mad or did they all think that when he took over we where bound for relegation? "Despite keeping Rovers in the top flight last season, he has failed to win over fans who have held demonstrations this season following just one league win." he got us in that position in the first place.

Got the backing of the majority of fans????

Did he have his fingers in his ears during the second half against city??

I think part of the problem is the small ratio of fans visting this web site - or that attended the protest march or the sit in. Maybe a petition for fans as they enter the ground ?

Steve Kean - Snog / Marry / Avoid :wacko:

A compulsive liar.

I think when you get to this level of fantasy he must really believe what he is saying to be true.

He reminds me of a mate of mine.

When we were kids, he came to play for our football team, and was a sub in his first game. When he came on - it became apparent the guy couldn't run. He was on the verge of falling over every time he went to run. Everyone on the other team was killing themselves laughing, and all calling him Andrei Kanchelskis. We all just felt sorry for him.

A few years later – he was boasting to someone about how he used to be a quick winger when he was younger. He told people he’d been compared to Andrei Kanchelskis in his younger days.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. This was a man who could take any insult thrown his way, and his head he heard a positive. He was indestructible.

I get the feeling Kean suffers from the same delusional condition.

Just watched that interview of him. He is actually a psycho, whoever posted that questionairre earlier is spot on. He's as good at interviews as he is bad at management, could talk his way out of an Iranian jail cell, always looks like he hasn't a care in the world, sports his ****-eating grin almost constantly and speaks with the confidence of a man who sincerely believes all his critics are idiots/he actually has no critics, not to mention his complete lack of concern for the situation we are in. Beware people, the man sat on this sofa is dangerous: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11676_7225177,00.html

• Backroom

Has every paper/journo etc gone mad or did they all think that when he took over we where bound for relegation? "Despite keeping Rovers in the top flight last season, he has failed to win over fans who have held demonstrations this season following just one league win." he got us in that position in the first place.

Indeed, it should read "After dragging Rovers into a relegation battle last season, he has failed to win over fans who have held demonstrations this season following just one league win."

It's frustrating how the know-nothings in the media keep referring to Kean "saving us" last season. We weren't in a position where we needed saving until he and Venky's came in and gutted the club from the inside-out.

Exactly the point I've been making to people veevs. The press keep pointing to the fact that he saved us last year, it's just not true. We stayed up but were never actually in the bottom three at any time. Also if I'm not mistaken we could have gone 5th or 6th if we'd beaten Bolton just before sam got sacked, we were pushing for a top half finish when kean took over.

He reminds me of a mate of mine.

When we were kids, he came to play for our football team, and was a sub in his first game. When he came on - it became apparent the guy couldn't run. He was on the verge of falling over every time he went to run. Everyone on the other team was killing themselves laughing, and all calling him Andrei Kanchelskis. We all just felt sorry for him.

A few years later – he was boasting to someone about how he used to be a quick winger when he was younger. He told people he’d been compared to Andrei Kanchelskis in his younger days.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. This was a man who could take any insult thrown his way, and his head he heard a positive. He was indestructible.

I get the feeling Kean suffers from the same delusional condition.

It's really not uncommon, just never seen it before from a football manager.

Also some papers have called him deluded and David Brent like but not the majority.

It would be good if we coul get all of our members to vote on the poll. A sample of aprox 4000 fans would be hard for him to argue against.

If 96% of 4000 voted against him - he'd just point to the other 59,999,840 people in the UK that didn't vote against him.

The man is insane.

It would be good if we coul get all of our members to vote on the poll. A sample of aprox 4000 fans would be hard for him to argue against.

but who will listen.

Even Cryers said on radio the majority of the fans boo'd Kean (or huge numbers) and Kean still makes his lying deluded comments.

If 96% of 4000 voted against him - he'd just point to the other 59,999,840 people in the UK that didn't vote against him.

The man is insane.

I don't think he believes it, I just think everything he says is worded to give a warped view to anyone from Venky's who might be reading/hearing what he says.

The man will do anything to hold on to his job. I thought it was very telling in one of the recent podcasts when he was asked "how many games do you have to lose before you resign?" and, without hesitation, he snapped back "never". He has no dignity or care for the well-being of the club whatsoever. In stark comparison, Steve McClaren walked away from Nottingham Forest last week without taking a penny in compensation.

I don't even believe he has this passion for young players that he claims so often. I don't recall Fulham focusing on young players when Kean had influence there. I think Anderson has advised Venky's to focus on young players as this is the only way the club can make money. Kean said Kentaro chose Formica and Rochina last January so this makes perfect sense. Kean probably keeps banging on about young players because this is what Venky's have been advised is the best way forward.

Everything about him is utterly false and fabricated with the purpose of deceiving Venky's into retaining him as long as possible.

just watched interview,

did i imagine it or did he actually say a few times 'results arnt the most important thing'!!!!!!!!!!!, he says developing youth is the most important thing(what so we can then sell them on relatively cheap to the big clubs(Jones) or very possibly loose them on a free(hoilet), because they don't want to play in a team that doesn't care about results.

What he says just adds to the theory that the venkys just see brfc as a stable to bring on young players and sell them on at high prices, you dont even need to be in the prem league to do this, look at Alex Oxlade-Chamberlains transfer from struggling southampton to arsenal, close to 14mill for a young player with no prem experiance.

Archived